Question re ketosis.

mumto4

Today is day 5 for me. Still feeling hungry so bought myself some ketostix. Tested myself and im only the second pink in, light pink. So does this mean im not in ketosis? Does it have to go to the darkest purple when your in it? If i don't go into it soon don't think im gonna last much longer as im so hungry! :cry:

Hi There I have just found this on another sites fourum...

" ketosis is basically like a switch it's either on or off and any color on the sticks is a positive thing "

I suppose the more fat you are burning the darker it goes, the fact that it has changed colour mans your burning some so that cool eh??

yeah but wish i didn't feel hungry!

as long as its changed it working, try again later and im sure it will be darker x

Hi mum24, I did atkins before and know about ketosis. If it's at all changed colour you are in ketosis and the darker it is can be a prob as you need more water. I'm in ketosis as are you but i'm still really hungry too. I think we'll need to wait til our stomachs shrink a bit to get rid of that. I know it's hard but we can do it. Keep talking to me; i feel the same but i really want to be thin xxx

ok girls, thanks. Will the hunger subside? I mean does it always go at some point. Im really struggling atm but still keeping positive, well trying too lol

I have not started the CD yet my appointment is on friday so i am no expert!! However from reading these posts for a while i have realised that the water intake is key to weight loss and keeping the hunger pangs at bay, when feeling hungry try a glass of sparkling water or when you can have the bars freeze one and cut it up in to little bits and put it in a bag in freezer that way you can nibble. Apparently you do not have to have all of the shake/soup/oats/bar in one go so possibly half the breakfast one so that you can have the other half mid afternoon ??? Xx

Think we posted at the same time Broxi, glad im not 'alone' in feeling hungry lol

Im on day 3 and I tested and it says im fully in ketosis it is dark pink but im still hunrgy and very shakey all our bodys must be diffrent! weird makes no sense to me,thought it was to ealry for me to be in ketosis and i certainly didnt exspect to fill so terrible if I was,hope it passes I just feel like crying at the moment....(bad day)

Hi mum24, I did atkins before and know about ketosis. If it's at all changed colour you are in ketosis and the darker it is can be a prob as you need more water. I'm in ketosis as are you but i'm still really hungry too. I think we'll need to wait til our stomachs shrink a bit to get rid of that. I know it's hard but we can do it. Keep talking to me; i feel the same but i really want to be thin xxx
i have just checked mine its pink about the 2nd or 3rd, it was at the last yesterday so what broxi says makes sense, thanks claira x

Hi Girls,

If you are testing for Ketosis and it is reading dark pink then you are in danger of getting dehydrated - drink more water !! You need to be aiming for mild ketosis and should get a rose pink colour on the ketostix.

I am on 4 shakes as over 5ft8 and found splitting my 2 middles ones was much better. So instead of 4 meals I have 6. Hang in there, when you have had you 1st wi this may boost your spirits!

Jess the cat, I'm no expert on this but tried it years ago and gave up about day 4 or something cos crying and depressed. This time i got through that (not that i'm on it for ages still only wk 2) and it has got much easier. Also this forum really helps. We're all in the same boat. x

the keto stix in boots cost me just under a tenner. x

I got a right bargin with my ketostix. Went to my local chemist, expecting to pay about £10 as thats the going rate everywhere, she checked in a book and said 'Thats £2.92 please' Gave her the money and ran lol

lol you lucky devil xxx

Hello allcan i buy these ketosis sticks from boots then?? and how much please??

Shan x
I got mine from superdrugs, £5.95 for 50 sticks. You can get packs with 100 in not sure how much they are. I saw on one thread someone cuts them down the middle to make them last longer, not tried it myself

Back