• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Question re landlords


Silver Member
I recently moved out of my mums and moved into a house with my baby girl.
It's privately rented.
I love the house, and plan on staying a good few years.
But........ when it's cold outside, the house gets very cold, and i'm putting that down to the very thin back door and thin windows (not double glazed at the back of the house).
Can i ask for the back windows to be done??
My rent is always on time, I'm a good tenant, so would it be cheeky to ask for double gazing at the back or am I entitled to ask??? thanks :confused:
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!


Queen of the Damned
I thought that rented properties had to be double glazed now? :confused: Not sure where I read it though - you could do a google. The problem is, in this financial climate they might not have the money to be able to afford to do it.


You only live once..
There's nothing wrong in asking at all, just explain that you have a young baby and you don't want her getting ill, if the landlord cares about his/her tenants then they should agree.


Silver Member
thank you for your replies.
I'm not too bothered about having them done now it's coming to summer, but deffo for winter, so there's plenty of time to get them done.
Thank you
He'll be round in a few weeks for rent so i will mention it.
thanks :)

Similar threads