Question re. Painkillers on LL.

LaydeeBug

I have been on LL for nearly 4 weeks,and am approaching TOTM.

I suffer with the pain, and normally take Nurofen as I prefer it to Paracetamol.

I have Nurofen Caplets, but think they are coated...can I take those??
Or should I take the non-coated paracetamol?

Many Thanks. :)

my LLC said to avoid anything coated - i had a couple of plain paracetamol and they didn't kick me out of ketosis

daisy x

Agree with the thought that non-coated paracetemol is likely to be the best option, but don't suffer with the pain - take what you need.

Maybe on an empty tum you will find paracetemol more effective than before.

I was told to avoid coated too - but I suffer at least one excrutiating headache a week since starting LL - I use coated and uncoated - paracetamol and ibuprofen and it has never kicked me out of Ketosis - but if you do take ibuprofen heed what others have said regarding them being a bit irritation to the stomach - I always try and take them after a pack.

Have you tried the Naproxen based Feminax that you can only get over the counter from a pharmacist? They spank my period pain completely. Again I think they may have similar irritant qualities to ibuprofen and I take after a pack. They cost a bit but they stop my cramps completely- used to only be available of prescription. They are coated too.

If it was me (and it was 12 weeks ago) I wouldn't avoid the coated but just take the minimum and get a ketostick check from your councillor - you'll know then whether they will get you out of ketosis.

good luck whatever you choose to do.
xxxx

PS I thought extreme diets sometimes stopped totm completely - mine are as regular, painful and heavy as ever. bah. why didn't I get that side effect?!

Thanks all,

Peony, no I hadn't tried those, but thank you!

I have my WI tomorrow...if the pain is excruciating, I will have to take an Ibuprofen based pill as they stop the contractions which cause cramps.

And if it saves the lives of those around me this week, that can only be a good thing. :D

Will speak to my LLC tomorrow too. :)

Just a quick note - Feminax is the bomb BUT it can make you very drowsy (I only take it if I need to in the evening, or when I know I'm not going anywhere) so perhaps don't take your first one in the middle of a work day ;)

I had to stop taking painkillers altogether for a while a few years ago. And I found that heating one of those lavender heat packs (you can buy them at the pharmacy I think) and applying it to my lumbar region really helped my TOTM cramps. You can use them at work too (if you have a microwave) and you don't have to wander around like a loon with a hot water bottle in the office :)

Feel better!

Thanks Bea..I do have the heated pillow thing yes, but my pains are quite bad, always have been, and the heat alone doesn't work.

As yet, have held off on the pain relief, but may take a non-coated paracetamol after a shake later.

I will have to buy some non-coated Ibuprofen. Thank all. xx :)

Thanks Bea..I do have the heated pillow thing yes, but my pains are quite bad, always have been, and the heat alone doesn't work.

As yet, have held off on the pain relief, but may take a non-coated paracetamol after a shake later.

I will have to buy some non-coated Ibuprofen. Thank all. xx :)

Hon, don;t suffer until then. 1 or 2 coated tabs SHOULDNT upset your routine - I wouldnt think so considering some people eat and dont get knoecked right out of K, ya know?

:( I hope you feel better.

xx

Hi all, I agree with BL! I've had a few Nurofen caplets since starting LL and they haven't affected my weight loss (I don't think!) - get some down you and feel better! :) x

Just had my veg pack burger style, and a paracetamol...will see how that goes, otherwise, will take a Nurofen or I won't sleep.

Thanks again. xx :)

Ouch Ladybee. I don't have the kit anymore but very painful monthies is one of the reasons why I don't so I can sympathise. Hugs and a soothing back rub from me.

Back