Question re. Painkillers on LL.

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by LaydeeBug, 27 September 2009 Social URL.

1. LaydeeBug

LaydeeBug Full Member

Diet:
    Exante TS
    I have been on LL for nearly 4 weeks,and am approaching TOTM.

I suffer with the pain, and normally take Nurofen as I prefer it to Paracetamol.

I have Nurofen Caplets, but think they are coated...can I take those??
    Or should I take the non-coated paracetamol?

Many Thanks. :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    my LLC said to avoid anything coated - i had a couple of plain paracetamol and they didn't kick me out of ketosis

daisy x

4. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Also, depending on your stomachs sensitivity to anti-inflams, on a nearly empty tummy, paracetomol might be better? :)

You will know though. :)

I hope you feel better. xxx

5. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(32.95%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Agree with the thought that non-coated paracetemol is likely to be the best option, but don't suffer with the pain - take what you need.

Maybe on an empty tum you will find paracetemol more effective than before.

6. peony

peony Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.24%)
    Diet:
    Lost 10 stones on LL/Exante a couple of years ago, have regained several stone so giving WW a go.
    I was told to avoid coated too - but I suffer at least one excrutiating headache a week since starting LL - I use coated and uncoated - paracetamol and ibuprofen and it has never kicked me out of Ketosis - but if you do take ibuprofen heed what others have said regarding them being a bit irritation to the stomach - I always try and take them after a pack.

Have you tried the Naproxen based Feminax that you can only get over the counter from a pharmacist? They spank my period pain completely. Again I think they may have similar irritant qualities to ibuprofen and I take after a pack. They cost a bit but they stop my cramps completely- used to only be available of prescription. They are coated too.

If it was me (and it was 12 weeks ago) I wouldn't avoid the coated but just take the minimum and get a ketostick check from your councillor - you'll know then whether they will get you out of ketosis.

good luck whatever you choose to do.
    xxxx

PS I thought extreme diets sometimes stopped totm completely - mine are as regular, painful and heavy as ever. bah. why didn't I get that side effect?!

7. LaydeeBug

LaydeeBug Full Member

Diet:
    Exante TS
    Thanks all,

Peony, no I hadn't tried those, but thank you!

I have my WI tomorrow...if the pain is excruciating, I will have to take an Ibuprofen based pill as they stop the contractions which cause cramps.

And if it saves the lives of those around me this week, that can only be a good thing. :D

Will speak to my LLC tomorrow too. :)

8. Beeswax

Beeswax Tiny dancer

Start Weight:
    9st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Just a quick note - Feminax is the bomb BUT it can make you very drowsy (I only take it if I need to in the evening, or when I know I'm not going anywhere) so perhaps don't take your first one in the middle of a work day ;)

I had to stop taking painkillers altogether for a while a few years ago. And I found that heating one of those lavender heat packs (you can buy them at the pharmacy I think) and applying it to my lumbar region really helped my TOTM cramps. You can use them at work too (if you have a microwave) and you don't have to wander around like a loon with a hot water bottle in the office :)

Feel better!

9. LaydeeBug

LaydeeBug Full Member

Diet:
    Exante TS
    Thanks Bea..I do have the heated pillow thing yes, but my pains are quite bad, always have been, and the heat alone doesn't work.

As yet, have held off on the pain relief, but may take a non-coated paracetamol after a shake later.

I will have to buy some non-coated Ibuprofen. Thank all. xx :)

10. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge

Hon, don;t suffer until then. 1 or 2 coated tabs SHOULDNT upset your routine - I wouldnt think so considering some people eat and dont get knoecked right out of K, ya know?

:( I hope you feel better.

xx

11. Beeswax

Beeswax Tiny dancer

Start Weight:
    9st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi all, I agree with BL! I've had a few Nurofen caplets since starting LL and they haven't affected my weight loss (I don't think!) - get some down you and feel better! :) x

12. LaydeeBug

LaydeeBug Full Member

Diet:
    Exante TS
    Just had my veg pack burger style, and a paracetamol...will see how that goes, otherwise, will take a Nurofen or I won't sleep.

Thanks again. xx :)

13. peony

peony Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(17.24%)
    Diet:
    Lost 10 stones on LL/Exante a couple of years ago, have regained several stone so giving WW a go.
    Aw, feel better soon hon. I sympathise.
    xxxxxxxx

14. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Is back in the saddle!

Start Weight:
    15st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(6.4%)
    Diet:
    5:2 Fasting
    Ouch Ladybee. I don't have the kit anymore but very painful monthies is one of the reasons why I don't so I can sympathise. Hugs and a soothing back rub from me.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.