Question to all the maintainers!!!

nataliej

Silver Member
Hi guys,

Was just interested to know how u all found the refeed week? And did u loose anything?
Is it really hard to maintains free TFR?... I have lost 2 stone in 6 weeks but would love to loose another half a stone .. But due to numerous reasons I'm having to refeed now!
Appreciate any input ... Thanks

Hi Natalie, congratulations! You've done really well :)

I don't know whether you've been auto-corrected but I'm not sure exactly how the second line of your post is supposed to read or what it means exactly ;)

I stayed the same my first refeed week and lost 1.2lbs the second week. No matter what method you use to maintain I'm sorry to have to tell you - it ain't easy :eek:. I don't mean to be all doom and gloom or anything, but losing the weight really is the easy bit. However! Negotiating our way through the trials and tribulations of maintenance is a heck of a lot better than being the size we were before. Those of us who stick around here after losing weight are here to remind each other of that fact when we're struggling.

There ARE a couple of people who had a 'hiccup' of a weight issue, sorted it and went back to not having one any more, but they don't tend to stick around.

There is no magic potion, no 'one size fits all' method of maintenance. We all have to find our own way. At its basest level it's calories in versus calories out - we don't gain weight back if we don't eat enough to do so. The facts are that simple, unfortunately the reality of dealing with that, for a serial dieter, isn't quite so simple but we do it or we go back to how we used to be!

Sorry if this sounds a bit negative, I'm just being honest. I truly prefer where I am now to where I was 3 and a half years ago, I just sometimes wish it was a bit easier to stay here ;)

Good luck anyway, let us know how you're doing won't you :D x

Last edited:
I'm just wondering whether that line was supposed to read 'is it really hard to maintain after TFR'?? If so then ... as long as you refeed properly .... no harder than to maintain after losing weight any other way :D .... if you DON'T refeed properly you may well have a few lbs gain the first couple of weeks but this is mostly fluid. You have to eat 3,500 EXTRA calories than your body needs to gain 1lb of fat x

I'm just wondering whether that line was supposed to read 'is it really hard to maintain after TFR'?? If so then ... as long as you refeed properly .... no harder than to maintain after losing weight any other way :D .... if you DON'T refeed properly you may well have a few lbs gain the first couple of weeks but this is mostly fluid. You have to eat 3,500 EXTRA calories than your body needs to gain 1lb of fat x

Yes haha in sorry, it my stupid phone!!
Wow is that 3500 a week extra to put on lb? I'm going to do my refeed to the book completely then exercise lots with the maintenance products .. I'm really worried about my weight naturally going back on! .. Think just need to accept it won't as long as I stick to the maintenance and exercise, there would be no reason for a gain would there?

And thank you for your reply its really helped me, i have always struggled with my weight and always been 2 stone overweight but I am determined to maintain I'm actually looking forward to it!!! I now feel I have the confidence to go gym etc!
What diet are u following now to maintain? Well done on maintaining so long too!
Yes think I will start a maintenance diary to keep me on track and gain support from you guys :)

Yeah ... 3,500 extra cals = 1 extra lb on you! If its over a week that's only an extra 500 cals a day ... What's that? A couple of large glasses of wine? A cheese sandwich? A large slice of cheesecake? It wouldn't take much. That's why we have to be ever vigilant!
Personally I've found maintaining hasn't been/isn't so much a matter of staying the same as gaining a few lbs and then losing them again. Once or twice it's been more than a few lbs - quite a lot more in fact :(. It's always best to try not to let it get out of hand but sometimes it's like you just can't control it. You do come to understand though, that each phase will pass. So make the most of when you're strong and try to ride out the tougher times without doing tooooo much damage.

I sincerely hope you will be one of the luckier ones who finds their way quickly and effectively, but whatever happens you've come a long way and there no need to go back to where you were ever again!

I've tried various ways to maintain. At the moment (well not this VERY moment because I'm away for the weekend but 'at the moment' in general ;)) I'm trying the JUDDD diet (if you don't know what it is there's a forum about it on this site). I still have a few lbs I'd like to re-lose ;) and I dare say that'll be a few more by the time we're back from this weekend :eek: .... It's such a difficult time of year though! But there's never a good time is there?!

Look forward to seeing how you get on :D x

Yeah ... 3,500 extra cals = 1 extra lb on you! If its over a week that's only an extra 500 cals a day ... What's that? A couple of large glasses of wine? A cheese sandwich? A large slice of cheesecake? It wouldn't take much. That's why we have to be ever vigilant!
Personally I've found maintaining hasn't been/isn't so much a matter of staying the same as gaining a few lbs and then losing them again. Once or twice it's been more than a few lbs - quite a lot more in fact :(. It's always best to try not to let it get out of hand but sometimes it's like you just can't control it. You do come to understand though, that each phase will pass. So make the most of when you're strong and try to ride out the tougher times without doing tooooo much damage.

I sincerely hope you will be one of the luckier ones who finds their way quickly and effectively, but whatever happens you've come a long way and there no need to go back to where you were ever again!

I've tried various ways to maintain. At the moment (well not this VERY moment because I'm away for the weekend but 'at the moment' in general ;)) I'm trying the JUDDD diet (if you don't know what it is there's a forum about it on this site). I still have a few lbs I'd like to re-lose ;) and I dare say that'll be a few more by the time we're back from this weekend :eek: .... It's such a difficult time of year though! But there's never a good time is there?!

Look forward to seeing how you get on :D x

Sorry been so late at replying!! Been so busy!! Wow 500 cals a day is all it takes?? Tht is literally a bar of chocolate and maybe a packet of crisps! Makes u realise doesn't it!
I think once I'm at my goal I'm going to be strict 5 days a week and exercise and allow yaself the odd treat of a weekend! It'll give me something to look forward to all week! :) LT has taught me to ont eat when I'm hungry and appreciate food, so healthy food is heavenly to me now ha!
Well 2.5 stone down after 8 weeks, I start refeed Wednesday, terrifies to say the least.. Especially at eating carbs!! Although in now at a healthy bmi I would like to go on to loose another stone by myself with healthy eating and exercise! Can it really be done after LT?
Yes I've heard of the judd! Very tempted myself at least u only go 1 day or so then u can allow yourself to eat whatever u fancy again! How have u been finding it! ?? Have u lost much?
I'm going to start a diary on here so you can keep an eye on my progress if you wish :)
Wish me luck for refeed!!!scared!!!!

Back