Questions and advice

JamesG

Hi all, I'm back again after quite a big failure last time, I bought Lipotrim back in December and had a few small efforts but kept slipping with the amount of parties and other stuff going on.

I still had all my Lipotrim shakes in the cupboard and on Monday morning I woke up and decided to go for it again.

I was weighed at 16"4 before my first shake on Monday and haven't weighed again since, I haven't been to the chemist and will probably go on Saturday since I have a few shakes still and would like to get into a Saturday morning routine.

I'm really hoping I can stick too it this time and I decided that I would come back here after I had day 3 complete (I'm going to sleep now and will wake up on day 4).

I have been having chocolate and vanilla shakes with sweeteners, coffee and Ice in them since I can't stand the taste of them alone, I am managing to force the strawberry shakes down when I'm at work.

I currently haven't told anyone about the shakes other than my girlfriend who doesn't really understand them and would rather I just ate normally since the shakes are "silly and won't work long term"

I am quite fit and will be running the great north run (half marathon) in September which is my reason for starting shakes (my knees hurt after any run over 3k since I'm too heavy), I go to the gym and lift weights 3/4 times a week and run twice and haven't seen a weight drop in 3 months, hence the shakes.

If anyone has any advice to make it easier or just any tips please let me know, I'm hoping that the hunger will disappear soon and my energy will go up since I'm starving and tired all the time at the moment.

I'm currently struggling to drink more than a pint or 2 of water alongside the shakes and 2 coffee (which are needed to keep me going), I'm going to try a few bottles with sports caps tomorrow to see if its easier to constantly sip rather than drink from a glass.

Sorry for the essay, thanks for any responses!

Catch you all on day 4!

James

Hi James well done for getting to day 4. I try to force some water down me before a shake ( makes me feel a little fuller) also sparkling water can be a nice change. All I can say is try and get as much rest as you can over the next day or so and the fingers crossed you should get some energy back. Good luck and keep us posted :)

Hey!

Feel like crap this morning and full of cold but going to try and drag myself to the gym, do you have sparkling water with the shakes? I've not tried that, I didn't think it would be allowed, I guess I still need to learn a lot about the diet, I remember a few people in the past using curry powder and similar with the chicken soup so will have to give some a go, it's gonna be tough today since my brain is already convincing me that I'm run down because of the shakes and a meal will make me feel better!

Thanks for responding it was a boost to have a reply to wake up too :)

Hey JamesG!

It will get better from here and although its hard on those first few days it will get easier and easier - I'm on Day 13 and it certainly Isn't a breeze, I do miss food. I keep thinking, yeah I miss it, but i know what it tastes like - it got me in this blummin mess! I know one day i can eat again. But, I'm not as hungry and just accept that a shake is the only thing I can have.

Hope you start feeling better.

Nicola x

Thanks Nicola, I'm working from home this afternoon and I've just made a salad for the family, was tempted to pick but avoided it successfully and will be having my shake in 15 minutes so should stop the hunger until tonight.

Well done on your almost 2-weeks! I hope you're losing as much as you expect!

Hi I don't put sparkling water in the shakes not sure that would work I just drink it Inbetween :) you will feel pretty horrid for the next day or so then that feeling should pass. Maybe give your body a break from the gym today and rest up until you get some energy. I bet you will feel good for it tomorrow:)
you are doing really well the first few days are definitely the hardest:) I know what you mean about people blaming the shakes I got the same especially in work for the first week but know its being replaced by comments on how good I look:) ( all worth it) keep going Hun you can do this!
oh and my partner did the great north run a couple of years ago the atmosphere is fantastic. Good on you:)

Hi James!

Hope you've had a good day. Make a concious effort to drink water, it really does help with the weight loss. It will get easier very soon and take one day at a time, it all adds up :)

Back