Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Questions for CDCs - help a newbie please!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Frejja, 21 August 2007 Social URL.

1. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Hi there

I started CD yesterday after 11 weeks on LL. I have lost 4 stone and am hoping to lose another 2.5 stone on CD.

There are a few questions I wanted to ask though: -

Laxatives - I see that CD have their own product. I have terrible trouble with constipation on a VCLD and would like to know which laxatives apart from Fibre 89 can be taken on CD...some folk have mentioned psyllium husks? Would really appreciate your advice.

Diet drinks - is it really ok to drink these occasionally and if so which ones- don't they take you out of ketosis ?(I don't want to risk that!)

Alcohol - I know that alcohol is completely out during sole source. In 2 months I will have finished SSing hopefully and am going on hols. I do intend to drink but was going to do 790 while I'm away. However, if that will keep me in ketosis, it wouldn't be suitable. Can anyone advise what regime I should follow on hols so that I can safely drink some alcohol. For example, I don't know how long it would take me to get out of ketosis and be safe to drink. I am keen to do this properly!

Many thanks

F.:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

bump...any CDCS out there?

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/20613-psyllium-husks.html

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/15062-lepicol-colon-care.html

Diet drinks - the ones without citric acid - coke zero has malic acid I believe. Occasionally is the answer here and try have water as well.
    http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/21405-help-diet-drinks.html

Alcohol ..... would be best on a calorie controlled diet - or something like WW/SW where it is allowed. On CD SS or 790 could make you very ill and will take you out of ketosis.

DQ likes this.
  5. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Thanks flirty! I will be continuing onto CD maintenance after my holiday, which is why I was wondering what to eat during the period I am going to drink. After that, it will be back to the serious business of stabilising!
    Cheers
    F.

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I would calorie control .... and then when you get back maybe you won't need to do too much repair work!

Have a good time!

7. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

Thanks! :D
    F.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.