Questions re food

MrsGlas81

Just wondering what butter people use? Also, is cream cheese the philadelphia type?

Thanks

I use president salted butter but any whole butter is fine - don't use marge. I also tend to get store own brand soft cheese (my fav is marks and sparks) as they are less carbs than Philly. Philly is ok if you count the carbs - don't overdo it on soft cheese though, hard cheeses are the lowest.

moonlights said:
I use president salted butter but any whole butter is fine - don't use marge. I also tend to get store own brand soft cheese (my fav is marks and sparks) as they are less carbs than Philly. Philly is ok if you count the carbs - don't overdo it on soft cheese though, hard cheeses are the lowest.

Thanks for this, I'll have to look into the soft cheeses. What level of carbs should I be looking for? Sorry, still learning!

You'll do much better if you pick up a copy of the book, but for now look in the stickies section for 'so you're thinking of starting atkins'.

20g of carbs per day, approx 15g of which should be from approved vegetables.

ETA: I think I misread this and you mean what level of carbs in the cheese. As low as possible!

Back