Quiche - quark instead of cottage cheese?

Hillie

Well I decided to make the veg SW quiche. Big pat on my back, only to realise I had no cottage cheese so I substituted quark.

It's in the oven now.... I'll report back whether it's a success or failure :confused:

I've just taken it out of the oven. It looks good and smells good but is too hot to taste!

I've also realised I didn't spray the dish with 1 cal oil so fingers crossed I can prize it out!

Mmmm possibly a bit curdled, but tastes lovely.

Will have to do one next time with cottage cheese to see the difference!

Hi Hillie,
I just made this recipe yesterday and didn't have cottage cheese so I substituted with laughing cow light. Was delish!!!

Aw that sounds delicious....thicker and creamier. Does it have any syns?

I'll give it a try.....a good thing to take to work!

i made this at weekend and lined the bottom of the flan dish with cooked ham, all went in one sitting, delish. unsure of syn value on EE.

How did you stop the ham sticking to the tin? Sounds very tasty!

i do the same - i line muffin trays with ham slices, pour in the Quark, egg, ham and onion mix and cover with my HEXA cheese and bake. Spray the tins with frylight first and ham doesnt stick at all and you have lovely individual mini quiches - fab for when u want quick snack from the fridge!
Also used cottage cheese the first time and found it just lumpy no matter how much i blended it so used quark everytime since and i think it tastes much creamier and cheesier! Yum!x

Aw that's a great idea. I was put off by the crumbling slices. I like the idea of ham first and doing them individually! Thanks for the ideas!

I made a batch of 12 minis today....lined with ham. Even the OH tucked in.....result! Thanks for the idea xx

my friend adds garlic and ginger to her quark and turns it into a dip......i've yet to try it !

I much prefer using Quark in my quiches than cottage cheese. It's much creamier and a much better texture too. I use four eggs and a whole tub of Quark. I chuck anything in with it - peppers, ham, sweetcorn, shallots, tuna, smoked salmon strips, mushrooms.... The list is endless really! :D Hope this helps.

Kathy

Oh yes! I always Frylight the quiche dish first.

Back