Quick, Easy and Cheap!!!

hi guys i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for quick easy meals that i can knock up when i get in from work without too much hassle and fuss. at the mo im pretty much living on pasta and would love a change. im quite a fussy eater though so only eat chicken and minced beef as far and meat goes.
really appreciate any help
thanks everyone

You need sticky chicken!
Put some rice on to cook.
Dice a chicken breast.
In a small pan, put a teaspoon balsamic vinegar, a tsp honey and a tsp soy sauce. If you like, add a crushed clove garlic.
Add chicken and cook until chick is cooked and sauce sticky - five mins?
Delish.

I find that I either buy frozen chicken or chooked chicken these days! If I cant be bothered to wait to defrost, put some basics cooked chicken slices in with some veg cooked in frylight and then add seasoning of your choice
Add rice or noodles and soy sauce over the veg and chicken
Or spices and then mixed in with some cous cous
I find nearly all the meals I make these days take no longer than 30 minutes, even if its curry or something :) x

Sticky chicken sounds lush!

I'm the same, quite fussy and live on the same things over and over again. I hate tomatoes but find that adding smoked paprika, extra garlic and extra onions to passata make it much more bearable. Maybe you could try doing that kind of thing to food you don't particularly like?

I love making a big pot of chilli con carne. It can be frozen and kept for lunches/dinners etc. I like that I can have it with various things - i.e rice, jacket potato, wedges, salad. Its so easy to make too.

hi guys i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for quick easy meals that i can knock up when i get in from work without too much hassle and fuss. at the mo im pretty much living on pasta and would love a change. im quite a fussy eater though so only eat chicken and minced beef as far and meat goes.
really appreciate any help
thanks everyone

Hi, dollybird15x

This is a one-pot meal that I make often cos I like to freeze it and use it as per the recipe, or just have it with SW chips or baked potato or Smash potato on the side. Free on Extra Easy.

Cowboy Pie :-

Fry Light
500g pack extra lean mince beef
6 spring onions, white bulb thinly sliced and green leaves finely chopped
500g pack fresh diced carrot and swede (bag pierced and microwaved for 5 mins first to save cooking time)
415g can baked beans
300ml beef stock
2tbsp worcestershire sauce
1tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper
2x107g packs instant mash potato cheddar and onion flavour
2 eggs, beaten

1) Place a pan sprayed with Fry Light over a medium heat. Add the minced beef and stir fry for 3 minutes
Then add the white spring onions to the mince and stir fry for a further 2 minutes or until the meat is browned.

2) Add the carrot and swede, baked beans, beef stock, worcestershire sauce and herbs, then season. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 40 minutes (less if you've microwaved the carrot n swede), stirring occasionally.

2a) Optional : I freeze all but one serving of the mixture in individual plastic take-away tubs at this point, but you could just keep it all in the fridge and use over the next few days in different ways ie: with chips, mash, baked potato, pasta or rice etc.

3) Preheat the grill to medium. Make the mash according to packet instructions. Add the spring onion greens to the mash with half the egg and beat well. Divide the mince mixture between 4 ovenproof pie dishes, then spoon over the mash. Roughen up the tops of the pies with a fork, then brush with the remaining egg.

4) Grill the pies for 3 minutes or until browned. Serve with vegetables.

x

Last edited:
Hi, dollybird15x

This is a one-pot meal that I make often cos I like to freeze it and use it as per the recipe, or just have it with SW chips or baked potato or Smash potato on the side. Free on Extra Easy.

Fry Light
500g pack fresh diced carrot and swede (bag pierced and microwaved for 5 mins first to save cooking time)
415g can baked beans
300ml beef stock
1tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper
2 eggs, beaten

1) Place a pan sprayed with Fry Light over a medium heat. Add the minced beef and stir fry for 3 minutes
Then add the white spring onions to the mince and stir fry for a further 2 minutes or until the meat is browned.

2) Add the carrot and swede, baked beans, beef stock, worcestershire sauce and herbs, then season. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 40 minutes (less if you've microwaved the carrot n swede), stirring occasionally.

2a) Optional : I freeze all but one serving of the mixture in individual plastic take-away tubs at this point, but you could just keep it all in the fridge and use over the next few days in different ways ie: with chips, mash, baked potato, pasta or rice etc.

3) Preheat the grill to medium. Make the mash according to packet instructions. Add the spring onion greens to the mash with half the egg and beat well. Divide the mince mixture between 4 ovenproof pie dishes, then spoon over the mash. Roughen up the tops of the pies with a fork, then brush with the remaining egg.

x

Thank you for this, I am trying it tonight! :D

I find that I either buy frozen chicken or chooked chicken these days! If I cant be bothered to wait to defrost, put some basics cooked chicken slices in with some veg cooked in frylight and then add seasoning of your choice
Add rice or noodles and soy sauce over the veg and chicken
Or spices and then mixed in with some cous cous
I find nearly all the meals I make these days take no longer than 30 minutes, even if its curry or something :) x

I get my chicken from the butcher on way home and he cuts it in to chunks for me if no dieced left or if i need it a bit smaller. Butchers are lovely like that.

Hi, dollybird15x

Fry Light
415g can baked beans
300ml beef stock
1tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper
2 eggs, beaten

x

That sounds lovely, will have a go at that

Back