Step2 810kcal Quick fix?

Tig

Likes to eat
Hi everyone,

So, I've tried lots of diets, most commonly SW. But recently i'm throwing around the same 5lbs, I want to lose another stone!
So, giving my body a shake up, and a bit more of a strict plan!

Starting weight - 11.7
Goal - 10.7

Today is day 3.
I'm pleased so far, no headaches, no constipation. I've also managed to find some of the products I really like (veg soup, leek and potato soup, porridge...), some not so much (cappaccino!). I've also been swimming, moderate effort, most days.
I have my first weigh in on Weds after 5 days! Fingers crossed!

Tx

Good luck to you ! CD worked very well for me - I lost almost 3 stone and am now 9 st 7. The rewards are worth the hardship!

Thanks Greta - I enjoyed reading your diary. Def agree on the cambridge bars, although it is nice to have something of that consistency if you know what I mean!

How are you finding maintenance?

Tx

Oh I ramble like a loon on my diary! Must have taken you ages : )

Maintenance is surprisingly OK...although I find I am having to really think about what I eat. I have been here twice before... down to a size 8 or 10 and then... unable to maintain and before I know it, I'm 13 stone something, so I really wanted to get a grip on it this time.

I didn't follow CD steps but I did take it very steady for a while and continued to lose weight. I stopped SS ing at about 10 stone 5 and have managed to lose 12 or so lbs in the past 5/6 weeks by just watching my calories. I am convinced that calorie counting is the way to go, along with no white carbs, no snacking and very little alcohol. I did a few weeks of about 600-700 calories and gradually increased. I now eat 1200-1400 some days and others [ like today ] I ate 800. I would like to lose a few more lbs - 9 stone seems as good a target as any although I'm not unhappy with how I am now.

I also spent a lot of time thinking about maintenance and considering what I would do - I think this is making the difference. Plus if I have a 'treat' meal I make it once a week or so and don't write off the whole day food wise and start stuffing my face. That helps as well

I'm glad it's not too bad! I've been at my target weight before, not using cambridge, but went back to booze and pizza and surprise surpirse! I've started logging cals already on my fitness pal to get back into the habit, and I'm finding that following 810 to the letter actually comes out more like 900... Oh well, it's working.

Booze is going to be my downfall, I have quite 'lively' weekends, although I managed to tone it down last weekend and will do the same this one...
maybe I'll turn to drugs, no calories in coke... (Joke! Before someone tries to get me banned!)

Day 4, had a cheeky jump on the scales, looking good! I'm surprisingly not hungry now, although I did wake up at 2am with a headache. Apart from that, still haven't suffered the dreaded sugar withdrawal. I'm using my milk now to make the shakes, much nicer and very filling. I had banana this morning, tasted like a nesquik!

On another note - how much water are people drinking? I had 2L's before 11am yesterday, and then scared myself that I had water intoxication, as aparently you shouldn't drink more than 3?! I must of ended up having around 4.5L yesterday! I read a story about a woman who died in a water drinking competition to win a wii...

First meeting with CDC tomorrow! Fingers crossed!!

Tx

I couldn't afford a coke habit so restrict myself to the diet variety. : )

I am not a believer in overdosing on water. It's not necessary - any excess just overloads your kidneys and your body starts to retain it. I drank between 1.5 and 2 litres a day, sometimes not even that and it didn't effect my losses at all. People on here in general don't agree with me but I'm convinced i'm right :D Plus medical advice now is not to drink gallons for the sake of it but to have a drink when you feel thirsty. That makes sense to me. You need a little more when you're on this diet but 2 litres is more than enough

Drumroll!!!

Had my weigh in, after 5 days.... 7LBS DOWN! Woooooooooo! I'm half way there already! Marvellous!

I'm fully expecting this to slow down now. So happy though :)
Have my next weigh in next Thurs, and no events which should cause me to sway from plan before then, so it's looking good!

Yay :)

Oh well done! You must be chuffed to bits.

I reckon you can bank on another 4 or 5lbs by next weigh in if you stick to it 100%

You will storm this

Thanks Greta - I'm going to stick to it, as I like the look of step 3 :p

Did you work up the steps?

Sort of?

I suspect the 'steps' are just designed to keep you spending money on their bloody products... NOBODY needs a cd bar on a diet of, say, 1500 calories, so it is a pure money spinner and not necessary.

I did my own steps I suppose. I gradually increased calories from 600 up to about 1200 - that is what I eat now, sometimes less, sometimes more. For the same calories as there is in a CD bar I can eat natural yogurt with berries and oats and a few nuts..so I chose to do this. I got to 10 st 5 on CD and then have used calorie counting for maybe 6 weeks now and have lost a further 12 lbs so it definitely works. The losses are similar to CD as well... mine were slowing right down in my final weeks on there.

So it's really important to increase food gradually, spending a week or so on each calorie increase stage but no, I wouldn't consider using their products to maintain.

First week over. Ended the week on a not so cambridge meal (at all), burger and chicken wings. No fries, so the carbs come from the bun! No booze, but high fat obviously... And back on it tomorrow. Don't feel too guilty, I'll get some exercise in tomorrow! The rest of the day was 100% :)

Don't think I'd get away with that every week...

Quiet weekend ahead!

Tx

Back on it as promised :)

Already been for a swim and had my maple and peacan porridge (which i think tastes like cake mix...). Soup for lunch, and chicken for dinner...

I'm considering missing my 3rd product due to last nights naughtiness... However, is this bad? I've done this a couple of times when I've purely not wanted it. So just having 2xcambridge products and my protein/veg meal...

Any thoughts?

Tx

Well, the 'correct' advice is that you must have it to be assured of the correct intake of vitamins etc etc.

Personally I would skip it to try and claw back some of my excess. I quite often skipped a product here and there if i didn't fancy it.

Thanks Greta :)

I had a perfect Saturday, and Sunday is going the same way! Scales aren't moving so dramatically since Thurs... Surely 1 meal hasn't done this?! I was hoping so a few more lbs this week! Going to hit the gym in a bit.
I have a quiet week ahead, few trips out but no food challenges. However, I do have a party on Fri. Was thinking a few G&(slimline)T's. May have to accept that this will be slow losses with the social life!

Tx

Good evening :)

Another good day down! Had 1 sachet less this evening, as I didn't want it!
Going to swop some of my sachets tomorrow - I've gone off the soups big time! It's all porridge and shakes and the odd bar for me now!

Hoping for a couple of lbs Thursday!!

Tx

I'll probably just get weighed today to save going back on Thurs. I'm not expecting much (I've been on my scales... every day).
I think I'm going to start step 3 on Saturday or Monday... Will speak to CC today and see what she thinks.

Fingers crossed!

Tx

2 lbs off :D Woooop! Very pleased with that! Only 5 to go...

I had a chat with the CC about going onto step 3, and she reckons 1 more week at 810, then maybe just one week on each of the following steps. Apparently 3 is harder than 2 as you are out of ketosis. Makes sense!
I got some mix a mousse today, after swopping all the vile soups I had for shakes! :)

How are you getting on Greta?

Tx

Oh well done! Your losses will be a little like mine from now on I suppose because you don't have much to lose. Are you 10 st 12 now?

I'm doing OK... not being in ketosis made zero difference to me. I still lost weight and i put that down to a careful eye on calories. I really recommend it as a way to keep track. I write down everything I eat in a journal and it's helpful. I try and stay under or around 1200 calories a day. Still maintaining at 9 stone 7/8 and gearing up to a final push to try and get to 9 stone 5 or so.

I am indeed :) My CC doesn't think I should try and lose much more, and I did agree until I've just put on a certain dress and didn't like the way it looked... I don't think I'll be 100% happy, I don't suppose anyone is!! I'm a 10 in most things now, but I'd like to be comfier 10!

I've been using my fitness pal since I started to keep an eye on cals. I've got a couple of social events this week coming up, so I need to keep an eye on it!

Loved the letter Greta, tough love!

Tx

Back