Quick, healthy breakfasts? Healthy lunches for work?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm back to school next week (teacher) which means I have to completely rethink food. Though, in all honesty, I've not done too great lately so need to rethink food anyway! I've decided to just try and eat healthily and exercise and see how that goes.

I'm rubbish at breakfast, mostly because I don't like to get out of bed earlier to leave time for breakfast! Though I will be making sure I do have time for breakfast when I go back, I don't want to just have the usual cereal or bagel that I ended up having most days when I did have breakfast. So any suggestions of breakfasts that are quick to make but nice and healthy and will keep me going until lunch time?

Also, lunches. I always ended up having a salad or cous cous pretty much every day and quite frankly, it gets boring too! So any suggestions of good lunches for school/work? We have a fridge and (I think) a microwave too.

I did that actually, it was nice but not sure I'd do it in the morning before school. Maybe I need to just get up earlier and give myself more time!

Generally I skip breakfast but I'm working a day shift and have to get up at 5am I've no choice. So I usually have an apple and a Muller light yoghurt. About 150-200 calories combined and is enough to keep me going until lunch.

My fave breakfast at the mo is a 170g pot of 0% greek yogurt, a crushed up pack of special k mini breaks stirred in and 100-150g of blueberries or raspberries mixed in. Its super quick, filling and tasty. You could do it at home before you leave or keep the yogurts, berries & Special K at school. Around 250 calories. Or porridge/oatbran with berries.

Lunches, as it gets chillier home made soup is so good if you have access to a microwave. You can make a bajillion different types so it never gets boring :) Alternate between smooth blended ones and really chunky (sometimes I have veggie quorn chilli with no rice and bit extra liquid) DELISH!

For a tasty warm breakfast, I absolutely love porridge with a tiny squeeze of golden syrup and skimmed milk. Fills me up until dinner and works out around 200 ish cals for a 40 portion. For lunches at work, I'm usually on salad or sometimes pasta with veg and a light salad dressing :)

I know many a teacher that keeps their cereal/bread/fruit at work for when they arrive in the morning. How about a jacket potato done in the microwave for lunch?

I am currently in the process of swapping jobs so these questions are helping me too. Thank you.

I'm back to school next week too and have started thinking of quick and easy breakfasts to incorporate into my hectic mornings! Started making fresh fruit smoothies with just a muller light yoghurt and banana, strawberries etc. They are around 300cals but are really tasty, a great start to the day and fills me up until lunchtime :)

I have a quick (10 minutes to cook) healthy fry up recipe I've been trying recently

http://www.minimins.com/calorie-cou...-low-calorie-dishes-pictures.html#post5568869

I also have a great alternative to rice recipe to post soon, its around 50-100 calories a serving (depending on how much you want) and goes towards your five a day, think it would make great healthy quick lunches to take into work. Will post the recipe up tonight hopefully

If you mix porridge oats with natural yogurt, grated apple and some honey and leave it in the fridge over night it is really nice in the morning and really filling.

I struggle to eat breakfast so am currently using smoothies made with some 0% greek yoghurt, fruit, a mug of green tea cooled, ice . I don't like my smoothies to thick so the fluid in the green tea helps make it easier to drink as well as having the metabolising boost.
Yogurt 143 calories
Green tea free
Strawbs /blueberries about 50 calories or Banana about 100
So totals around 200 to 250 calories . I drink 2/3 for breakfast and put it in the fridge at work and have another 1/3 mid morning as a snack. I know its early days for me but truly am finding it keeps me going till lunchtime, tastes good and has some pretty good nutrients in it. :)

Back