• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Quick question about dairy and oatbran quantities!

wheesht

Just keep swimming...
S: 12st4lb C: 9st12lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 25.2 Loss: 2st6lb(19.77%)
Ok, so you would think I should know this by now... :rolleyes:

I have read that the limit for dairy products (milk/yogurt/quark etc) is 1kg a day.

Kg mean nothing to me so I need to know, is this equivalent to approximately 1 litre a day? Hasn't been an issue until now as I have only had very small quantities of dairy since I started. But now I have discovered homemade yogurt and I can't keep my hands off it!

Also, I know that the daily allowance for oatbran in Cruise is 2tbp a day. But I've just discovered a second tablespoon in my cutlery drawer and it measures 10ml, but the one I have been using is 15ml! So should the daily quantity be 20 or 30ml daily?

Thank you!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:

CC

S: 12st6.2lb C: 10st9.7lb G: 9st6.3lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 1st10.5lb(14.06%)
My understanding was that 1 tablespoon is = to 15g
Not sure about dairy! Our yoghurts here in Denmark, come in the tall cartons, a bit like a milk or juice carton in the UK and they weigh 1kg - hope that gives you an idea!!! 1kg of yoghurt is a lot!!! :)

wheesht

Just keep swimming...
Thanks very much christell. Sorry meant to say the tablespoons measure ml, not mg! Should preview.

So I will continue to use the 15ml spoon then. That's good.

I will try and show some restraint with the yogurt and if I find myself stalling, will know I have been overdoing it!

S: 9st5lb C: 8st3lb G: 8st7lb BMI: 21.7 Loss: 1st2lb(12.21%)
I will try and show some restraint with the yogurt and if I find myself stalling, will know I have been overdoing it!
Well, I have been having about 450g every day as I have been straining my 1ltr of slow cooker yog to make greek yog.

I am still losing on conso (lost 1.5lb yesterday and I had 4 toffee muffins and 450g greek yog and jelly etc) so it isn't doing me any harm and it helps you lose belly fat, look at this Dr. Eric Braverman: For Consistent Weight Loss, Eat Yogurt Every Day :D

S: 11st12lb C: 11st8lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 0st4lb(2.41%)
You are right, 1 kilo is roughly 1 litre (or two pints).

S: 17st4lb C: 16st9lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 37.6 Loss: 0st9lb(3.72%)
Hi,

A Teaspoon = 5ml = 5g

A Dessertspoon = 10ml = 10g

A Tablespoon = 15ml = 15g

Hope this helps :)

wheesht

Just keep swimming...
Thanks so much. Atropos, wow, a litre of dairy is a fair amount which is why I queried it! Much as I love the yogurt, don't think I could get through all that! I don't have much milk or anything else to make up that quantity.

Thanks malevolentnuzzler. Wonder why that rogue tablespoon shows 10ml - am going to stamp on it - imagine trying to deprive me of my rightful quantity of oatbran!

Thanks again for clearing that up everyone.

S: 11st12lb C: 11st8lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 0st4lb(2.41%)
Thanks so much. Atropos, wow, a litre of dairy is a fair amount which is why I queried it! Much as I love the yogurt, don't think I could get through all that!
It's easily done - I can get through half a kilo of greek yogurt a day (in gallette, on gallette, stirred into soup, as a sauce with lunch, a few tablespoons as a mid afternoon sanck, churned into frogurt after dinner...

Add a few cups of tea and coffee (or a mega-bucket of Starbuck - yuck!) and I'd be over the limit.

wheesht

Just keep swimming...
It's easily done - I can get through half a kilo of greek yogurt a day (in gallette, on gallette, stirred into soup, as a sauce with lunch, a few tablespoons as a mid afternoon sanck, churned into frogurt after dinner...

Add a few cups of tea and coffee (or a mega-bucket of Starbuck - yuck!) and I'd be over the limit.
That's true. Haven't used yogurts as a sauce lately - I did on Attack but not since. And haven't been making galettes lately either, so once I return to those will need to remember to include them in the allowance.

Never tried Starbucks coffee yet :eek: Must be the only person on the planet! Not keen on strong coffee so probably not for me :)