quick question from a newbie to the diet!

hiya all, sorry for gatecrashing from SS!

firstly well done you all on getting to your targets!

i was just wondering, in your own experiences, does the weight loss continue at a steady rate, or does it taper off as you get closer to target?
i only ask because my CDC said that i will lose a stone a month if i stick to it , and i was wondering if that was possible if you dont have much left to lose iykwim?

also, how many of u have had hair loss?

any replies would be gratefully recieved x

I can tell you from my first time round... the weight loss did slow down, but to be honest it was still going down slightly faster than I hoped.. that might sound strange, but I didn't want to go too far below my target and I also didn't want to too quickly and mess up, but I also didn't want to stay on it too long and get underweight, so I wanted the weight loss to slow down nearer my target... (also, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think my metabolism had slowed down too so I needed less food but any food I did have increased my weight quicker)

re hair - I lost quite a lot of hair - my hair's long and thick and it was coming out in my brush and in the shower.. a couple of months after I finished the diet I had loads of really short hair which at first stood upright all over my head!! :D that only lasted a week or two though before it lay flat and just became part of the rest of my hair. I just had to keep my hair fluffy and bouncy and it wasn't noticeable.

I have no regrets about doing Cambridge the first time round, and it was hard and it was worth it... putting the weight back on is a big problem with the diet because it's not about the weight - it's about our relationship with eating - and I know that for me it's about comfort, control and loneliness. I know that if I get busy and active then I'm at less risk of putting the weight on.. but I need to look at my self first and foremost..

It's worth doing the diet despite the down sides, but make sure you treat the ending of the diet and the start of maintenance with more importance than the weight loss itself... so I don't think it's gatecrashing to think ahead and look at these threads.. it's essential

xx

(should have mentioned I started at about 17 stone, and I've never gone back up, so although I put on a couple of stone, it all seems part of the long term journey but we'll get there in the end :)

Back