quick question

Kellie mum of 4

Silver Member
Hi I am doing the lifestyle diet and what happens if I go over my calorie allowance by eating slightly more protein and vegetables but stay with my carbohydrates limit will I knock myself out of ketosis thanks

Hiya

I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't knock you out of ketosis. If you put what you have in your planner and its still under then you should be fine!

The ketosis key is the amount of carbs - think about Atkins where the calories are pretty much unlimited, you make sauces with double cream etc etc. If you go over your calories on a vlcd, it might become a lcd but won't affect ketosis if you stay under the carb allowance. All it will do is slow your loss a little as you're taking more fuel in, so your body just makes a little less from your fat :)

Thanks for both your answers I don't go over every day but just wanted to know that I wasn't knocking myself out of ketosis if I did

If you are making sure you don't go over every day you should be fine as long as it isn't too much. The atkins diet has unlimited calories but the carb allowance is vastly reduced- if you increase carbs you must decrease calories and vice versa.

Back