quick question?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by missrachyp, 26 January 2009 Social URL.

1. missrachyp

missrachyp Full Member

Diet:
    calorie counting
    bin thinking ov calorie counting as SW isnt working for me as i exercise too much. how many cals u guys having a day? x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. juliet27

juliet27 Member

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.72%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi, I've only just started CC myself. I am on 1100 cals a day bearing in mind that i have 87lbs to shift

4. missrachyp

missrachyp Full Member

Diet:
    calorie counting
    how did u figure out how many cals u needed to loose?
    i have 2 n half stone to loose how many cals u reccon i shud be entitled to a day? x

5. Capirossi

Capirossi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi. Welcome to our gang!

We used to reccommend a site called Food Focus, but it seems to have gone down the pan - can't handle the pressure of all us minimins!!! I have just found this site, which may help:

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

It's basically about finding the number of calories your body needs every day to maintain itself. Then, as a very rough guide, subtract 500 cals a day off this total. I think this figure enables you to lose 1-2lbs per week. However, I just did my cals and it tells me 1388, which is way too many for me, I am on roughly 1100 a day and I struggle to eat all those! It also gives an 'extreme fat loss' of 1080 (for me), but I do about that most days, and it's certainly nowhere near extreme :break_diet: lol

Hope that helps. :D

6. missrachyp

missrachyp Full Member

Diet:
    calorie counting
    it says = Maintenance: 2391 Calories/day
    Fat Loss: 1913 Calories/day
    Extreme Fat Loss: 1456 Calories/day

what would mine be then? sorry im having a blonde moment today lol you found calorie counting hard or easy? on this much? xxx

7. preetone

preetone Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(9.47%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    i would start off on 1400 cals missrachyp, see how it goes for a few weeks. generally you should stay above 1200.

8. MissyMV6

MissyMV6 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Clean Eating
    Have a look at weightlossresources.co.uk
    you can have a free 24 hr trial.You put in your height,age,weight and if your job involves walking etc .You then decide
    if you want to lose between 0.5 to 2 pounds a week and then it will tell you how many cals a day you are allowed

Angie xx

9. Capirossi

Capirossi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I'd say start on around 1400 too. Your job sounds physical and you get plenty of exercise, you may be able to reduce this quite soon.

I have found CC soo easy! I don't feel like I am on a diet at all, which is how it should be really. Life is too short to eat things you don't like, just because they help you burn fat, lol! I don't have the best diet in the world, but I'll be damned if I'm going to eat a bowl of salad :p haha!

I tend to be back and fo here in the day, as I am bored in work at the moment. It's a very addictive site though, and it's great to log on and see how everyone else is doing, it keeps you motivated! Hope you enjoy it here :D

Nat
    x

10. missrachyp

missrachyp Full Member

Diet:
    calorie counting
    cool i shall give it a go :) i think it will be best for me im the kind ov strict freak like i need to no wot im doing cal wise n exercise wise to stay focused the SW was too 'unlimited' and it messed my hed lol does any1 have food diarys on here ? xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.