Quitting smoking and weight loss

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by leslieann1, 16 April 2009 Social URL.

1. leslieann1

leslieann1 Member

Hi all. I have a quit smoking date set for 4-27-09. I have smoked for 20 plus years. I am also dieting. :sigh: I am really worried about gaining weight during the quit phase. What can I do to minimize the
    weight gain? Thanks so much!!!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hiya Leslieann1.. Although i had not smoked for 20 years like you had, i had been smoking for 5/6 when i quit last october after my poor nanny died, my only advise to you is be prepared.. i spent a whole day baking/cooking lots of healthy goodies the day before i quit. I was desperatly worried that it would ruin my weight loss, but with aid of my healthy snacks, i got past the cravings.. once your past it.. no matter how long that nasty bit lasts for, for me it was about 2 weeks.. and now i dont even think about it!.. concenrate all ur energys on your diet and youl get through it!

good luck hun x
  4. Sophie Elise

Sophie Elise Banned

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma FernXx. I never tried smoking and I don't drink. I don't if that is boring but I really want to stay fit. Health for me is really important.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.