Quitting smoking and weight loss

Hi all. I have a quit smoking date set for 4-27-09. I have smoked for 20 plus years. I am also dieting. :sigh: I am really worried about gaining weight during the quit phase. What can I do to minimize the
weight gain? Thanks so much!!!

Hi there. I gave up in June 2007 and as you've been told already it's the BEST THING!!! LOL. I think people nibble out of stress and boredom but you probably won't because you're aware of the problem. Us dieters are used to being much more aware than others of what we're eating so i wouldn't worry too much if i were you. I saw you've been reading Jim's story - way to go, Jim! Walk or take as much fresh air as you can and you'll feel the benefits really soon. Spring is here and it's great to be outdoors more. And yes, smokers smell vile very quickly and you won't want to re-join that group of Snoutcasts! LOL Just think.....come next autumn, people will be dressing up in coats and scarfs in order to huddle outside in the wind and rain to smoke and you'll be one of us (smug!!) ex-smokers nice and cosy in the warm.

I have quite smoking, it's been about 3 weeks now, and well I've noticed the weight gain almost instantly. Today was the first day that I've noticed to gain, when trying to put on something for work and it aint fitting properly. I took a shower then steeped on the scale, just to notice that some extra baggage was put on.
Im up at 5 to get ready for work, and when I get off work im to tired to do anything. I enjoy swimming a lot and we have an indoor pool here but i was told that it's only good cardie, not goin to help with the weight issue. Can someone please help me?

Back