Extra Easy Quitting Smoking

Lesley01

Hi All,

I have quit smoking 8 weeks ago and have been struggling a bit with the weight loss. I did put about 5lb on in the first4/5 weeks which has now seemed to settle down, Although the weight I am now losing is low to none each week :cry:.

Any suggestions Please:eek:

Lesley01 said:
Hi All,

I have quit smoking 8 weeks ago and have been struggling a bit with the weight loss. I did put about 5lb on in the first4/5 weeks which has now seemed to settle down, Although the weight I am now losing is low to none each week :cry:.

Any suggestions Please:eek:

The non existent weight loss you are experiencing now I'd say has nothing to do with quitting smoking, it's the other things you're putting in your mouth ie bad food choices! If you are following the plan 100% you will see results! Keep a food diary and be completely honest about what you're eating and we can have a look at it and see if we can point you in the right direction! :)

Are you staying on plan? it could be just to do with the need for putting something in your mouth and your replacing cigarettes with food, so maybe your consuming more than normal? whatever you do don't take up smoking again you've done great so far x ;)

Well done for quitting, it is the single best thing you can do for your health. When I stopped smoking I got bored and the main reason people put on weight when they quit is because they replace it with eating.

My best advice to give is to have loads of superfree snacks handy.Carrot, cucumber and pepper sticks, make a free dip with fat free natural yogurt, chopped mint, grated cucumber, a squeeze of lemon and black pepper, or a free homous (have a search in the recipe sub forum, or on the sw website). Keep lots of nibbly fruit such as grapes, blueberries, strawberries etc and grab a handful of each with a dollop of yogurt for a quick fruit salad. Always reach for superfree snacks first. Stick with it and if you follow the plan, you will lose weight.

I'm a quitter too!

Well done on quitting. I gave up on New Years Day myself. I find mid-afternoon my hardest time as I'd usually have a fag or when I wasn't dieting a load of biscuits.
I agree with the advice of keeping syn-free snacks in the fridge at all times.
Or if like me you have a particular time of day when it's hardest, make sure you've put some syns aside for then. I've been having 2 pink wafer biscuits mid-afternoon with my cup of tea. :innocent0002:

Thanks for all the great replies, quitting smoking and dieting at the same time is tougher than I though... Ill stick at it and get the carrot sticks and free nibbles at the ready.

Thanks again :)

Hi,

I quit smoking 9 weeks ago and have managed to lose more than I thought I would in that time with SW.

My advice would be to get raw fruit and veg (carrots/cucumber/celery etc) and munch on these when you have a little craving. I have been doing this at my worst time of day (lunchtime in work) and i found going for a brisk walk helped and breathing in loads of fresh air! Sounds silly, but worked and every little gets your fitness up!

Well done on quitting!!!

Back