• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



Quorn for AAMW?

MrMojo

Wannabe Mankini Model
S: 20st3.2lb C: 18st10.2lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 39.9 Loss: 1st7lb(7.42%)
#2
Yeah I would say so, but it depends on the quantity and how it is cooked :)
 

losingit

Silver Member
S: 19st2lb C: 14st4lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 34.3 Loss: 4st12lb(25.37%)
#3
quorn is fine.. low fat, high protein, low carb :)
 

namaste

Silver Member
S: 15st12lb C: 11st6lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 30.2 Loss: 4st6lb(27.93%)
#4
Absolutely....... my protein on AAMW is usually quorn or smoked tofu... with the odd egg and lots of green veg... yum :) (plain quorn though, not those lovely pretend scotch egg things mmmmm)
 

namaste

Silver Member
S: 15st12lb C: 11st6lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 30.2 Loss: 4st6lb(27.93%)
#6
sorry to gatecrash -does this mean Qourn mince? I have 3 bags in my freezer, would be a change from chicken for aam.
Of course you could have quorn mince but its quite hard to have that when you're limited for sauces on AAMW. I have the quorn fillets or you can buy quorn chicken style pieces either frozen or from the chiller cabinet. I guess you could even have the quorn burgers (plain ones not the ones in crumb) as they're easy to cook too. :)
 
#7
namaste said:
Of course you could have quorn mince but its quite hard to have that when you're limited for sauces on AAMW. I have the quorn fillets or you can buy quorn chicken style pieces either frozen or from the chiller cabinet. I guess you could even have the quorn burgers (plain ones not the ones in crumb) as they're easy to cook too. :)
Thank you :)

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins
 
#8
namaste said:
Of course you could have quorn mince but its quite hard to have that when you're limited for sauces on AAMW. I have the quorn fillets or you can buy quorn chicken style pieces either frozen or from the chiller cabinet. I guess you could even have the quorn burgers (plain ones not the ones in crumb) as they're easy to cook too. :)
Ooo can we have the burgers aswell?! I have a freezer full of fillets, pieces, mince and burgers! Can't help myself when they are on offer lol! x
 

Loser85

Gold Member
S: 23st10lb C: 17st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 39.6 Loss: 6st10lb(28.31%)
#9
Couldnt you maybe use one of the soup packs to make some kind of sauce for the mince? Not sure which one but someone with more imagination might come up with something.
 
#10
Loser85 said:
Couldnt you maybe use one of the soup packs to make some kind of sauce for the mince? Not sure which one but someone with more imagination might come up with something.
I think with some spice I could eat mince dry. Maybe use tomato soup somehow to make a sauce too ??

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins
 

losingit

Silver Member
S: 19st2lb C: 14st4lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 34.3 Loss: 4st12lb(25.37%)
#11
Maybe with a bit of bouillon mixed with herbs/spices & water. Boil it down and add a tiny bit of cornflour to thicken. Cornflour is very carby so only use a tiny bit (1 teaspoon should be fine for 1 person serving), but as a thickener it is good because it has less carbs than flour and also thickens much more than flour so you only need a tiny bit to make a nice sauce. 1 teaspoon is around 3g carbs (which incidentally is the same amount of carbs in one serving of the new exante water flavouring) so it really won't effect ketosis as long as you measure carefully and don't go overboard.
 
#12
losingit said:
Maybe with a bit of bouillon mixed with herbs/spices & water. Boil it down and add a tiny bit of cornflour to thicken. Cornflour is very carby so only use a tiny bit (1 teaspoon should be fine for 1 person serving), but as a thickener it is good because it has less carbs than flour and also thickens much more than flour so you only need a tiny bit to make a nice sauce. 1 teaspoon is around 3g carbs (which incidentally is the same amount of carbs in one serving of the new exante water flavouring) so it really won't effect ketosis as long as you measure carefully and don't go overboard.
Not sure about the flour as I'm wheat intolerant but if anyone does make some cococtions with quorn mince let me know how they taste :)

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins
 
S: 15st8lb C: 11st12lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 28.5 Loss: 3st10lb(23.85%)
#13
Quorn mince will absorb the flavours of what you cook it with. So you could probably live without having a sauce.
 


Similar threads



Top