quorn plain pieces/tofu

Pinklady1911

serial dieter!!!
can we have these?

There are other people who have quorn I believe. I'm sure tofu would be ok but best to check how many carbs there are first.

Hi thanks for that, i checked and it was only 4carbs in 85g of tofu so i went for it! i must say, its very bland i put on every herb i had in the house!! im not a vegetarian i just dont want to get bored eating chicken and fish all the time! although, its better than what i was having on the other vlcd! thanks weasey :) xx

I'm veggie and I have been having plain quorn chicken style pieces and tofu. Tofu is really bland and the stuff I have at the minute is a bit rubbish as its so soft. I have been using to mash into a bit of veg instead of the usual cream/cheese/ milk.

I guess you could also blend some with a shake or soup to really thicken it up.

Yeah i do like the consistancy of tofu when its firm thought! i drained it well and wrapped it in kitchen roll then placed it between two kitchen boads and stood a heavy item on it to drain the water and firm it up! it definitely worked! i pan fried it with 2 sprays of fry light and added loads of herbs but i couldnt just eat it as it is! it was nice but tonight im going to have cottage pie with quorn plain fillets and jazz them up abit with tabasco :)

Hi Pink

Read somewhere on here this week that you could also have tuna in spring water, salmon and something else if you are getting fed up of the chicken and fish. The post was from a newbie who spoke to S&S and if my memory serves me correctly they are going to be updating the list of "allowed" foods. Keep at it and good luck

Oh thats good! more choice just stops you getting bored doesnt it! :) when i was on LT i was only staying in till early March but now im on this im going all out to get to goal for the summer, so the more help the better :) x

I had a tin of tuna in spring water last night instead of pack 4, first time ever not to have all 4 packs! Was lovely, I had already had my veg so I just added dry herbs and sprayed with salad-light ceaser dressing! Yum! plus black pepper. Will try garlic next time!

Ohhhh that sounds lush Minimoosh1 i love tuna, will try that once i get through all this tofu and quorn! i didnt realise just how much 100g was i thought it was a tiny amount but with tofu it definietly goes along way!

Back