Quorn Sausages on AAM week?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by A1628, 15 February 2008 Social URL.

1. A1628

A1628 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey All,

Does anyone know if Quorn sausages are allowed on AAM week? If i were to just grill them as they are? Also if we are allowed them, how many?

I start AAM week from Monday, and need some ideas!

Many thanks:)
    A

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I bake mine in the oven.

2 for AAMW, 3 or 4 for 790

4. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Quorn sauages are not allowed on the aamw, It is only peices and mince.

In the manufacture of the sauages ther're is salt and alot of additives.

5. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Cambridge says that we can have Quorn sausages in moderation.

The content of the plain sausages is no different to the plain Quorn

It was said that you need to be careful in case it sends you out of ketosis but most folks seem to be okay with it

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Personally, I'd pass on the quorn sausages and keep to the what the book says (which doesn't includes sausages)

Ingredients

Mince: Mycoprotein (88%), rehydrated free range egg white, roasted barley malt extract
    Pieces: Mycoprotein (87%), rehydrated free range egg white, flavouring

Plain sausages:
    Mycoprotein (34%), rehydrated free range egg white, water, textured wheat protein (wheat protein, wheat starch), onion, flavouring (with colour: iron oxide), milk proteins, rapeseed oil, tapioca starch, gelling agent: pectin.

Bangers
    : Mycoprotein (35%), water, rehydrated free range egg white, onion, rapeseed oil, flavourings (with colours: iron oxides), milk proteins, textured wheat protein (wheat protein, wheat starch), sage & onion stuffing (breadcrumb, rusk, dehydrated onion, hydrogenated sunflower, rapeseed & palm oils, salt, herbs, onion powder, chives, wheat flour, pepper and sage extracts), tapioca starch, gelling agent: pectin; spice blend (black pepper, thyme, parsley), roasted barley malt extract.
    Mycoprotein (35%), water, rehydrated free range egg white, onion, rapeseed oil, flavourings (with colours: iron oxides), milk proteins, textured wheat protein (wheat protein, wheat starch), sage & onion stuffing (breadcrumb, rusk, dehydrated onion, hydrogenated sunflower, rapeseed & palm oils, salt, herbs, onion powder, chives, wheat flour, pepper and sage extracts), tapioca starch, gelling agent: pectin; spice blend (black pepper, thyme, parsley), roasted barley malt extract.
    Mycoprotein (88%), rehydrated free range egg white, roasted barley malt extract.

7. Hedgemag

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thank you KD, You're a gem ;):D

8. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Definitely definitely definitely no quorn sausages just plain quorn. They do have additives in them and flavourings.

You cannot have 3 sausages on 790.

What CD did say was if on occasion you may want to try another quorn product but they do not recommend it, it could slow your weightloss, make you hungry and ultimately ruin the whole things.

Never ever have they said 3 sausages on 790.

Again on occasion there could be an exception but this would be tailored to the individual based on their personal circumstances not a general everyone can do this. This is a discussion between client and counsellor.

Rant over but I have now typed this several times on several forums

Last edited: 15 February 2008
    Dancing likes this.
  9. Hedgemag

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks Linda

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.