Quorn/Veggie Products

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Any recommendations for nice quorn products? I already use quorn mince.

The new 'best ever' sausages are synned. Just wanted to get that out there.

The escalopes are delicious but 7 syns each...perhaps a bit high.

I love all the quorn "chicken" products but there are syns to them

My fav is the crispy fillet and its 3syns but so bloody nice!
the chicken burgers are gorgeous too at 2 1/2

I like the mince and the sausages some of the products aren't free so check for syns. I have just discovered this week Tesco meat free chicken fillets which I understand to be free and think are really yummy!

Sorry the tesco fillets used to be free but they have changed the recipe in the last few weeks and they are now about 3 syn each.

Quorn meatballs are lovely and im pretty sure they're free. They used to be when I first did sw 8 years ago but I've only just restarted. X

Just aside from recommending quorn products - if you have an Iceland near you - look for the Linda McCartney veggie mince - it's just as good as quorn mince and (unless it's on special somewhere) much cheaper then quorn (£3 for a 1Kg bag, as opposed to about £1.80 for a 350g/400g bag).

JemmaBe said:
The new 'best ever' sausages are synned. Just wanted to get that out there.

I live on quorn sausages! Do you mean the frozen ones? I've just bought some which say best ever on the bag. It will be a very sad day if I now have to syn them.

Though last time I checked - syns online didn't list the frozen ones - I did personally check thruogh the syns calculator - and yes both the frozen and the chilled ones are synned if they have "best ever" on the packaging. :(

IanH said:
Though last time I checked - syns online didn't list the frozen ones - I did personally check thruogh the syns calculator - and yes both the frozen and the chilled ones are synned if they have "best ever" on the packaging. :(

I'm actually gutted! Do you know the syn value per sausage?

Circes said:
I believe it is 1 syn per sausage

Thanks Circes. I'm surprised they are higher than the burgers. Definitely not the best news to start off the day! I haven't seen a thread on this and I did a search. How long since the syn value has changed?

Thanks Circes. I'm surprised they are higher than the burgers. Definitely not the best news to start off the day! I haven't seen a thread on this and I did a search. How long since the syn value has changed?

Going by chatter on other boards, just in the last week or so

Quorn

I highly recommend their cumberland sausages. They are delicious and very very good for calories - 60 per sausage I think. Hope you like them!

Back