Race for Life (ouch...)

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by lizzi, 2 March 2009 Social URL.

1. lizzi

lizzi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    Healthy healthy healthy! Very little meat, lots of veggies! (and as little sugar as possible!)
    Ok, so I'm doing race for life this year, want to jog the whole way etc...anyone got any tips for training etc? I just attempted jogging...managed 3 mins and ended up walking instead...

Someone help please! :eek:)
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nuneczka

nuneczka Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi,

I am doing Race for Life this year as well. I think you should try doing K training program, I am doing BUPA one ( just google it and with will come up in results). I found it very easy at the beginning but it is getting harder every week. It is a great way in my opinion to build up to run 5k.
    Good luck:)

4. Lili

Lili Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    5st1lb(35.15%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
  5. lizzi

lizzi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    Healthy healthy healthy! Very little meat, lots of veggies! (and as little sugar as possible!)
    Wow, that looks like just what I need! Thanks! :eek:)

6. debtdummy

debtdummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hiya, im also doing race 4 life i can do 5k in gym , but when i get on rd i crumble and can just do 1.5miles

7. lizzi

lizzi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    It's surprisingly easy when you're there - I had exatly the same problem!
    Start off really really slow, just a really slow jog and keep a steady pace. Everyone around you sort of spurs you on, and there are people standing at the side of the road keeping an eye on things and encouraging.

That's what i did, then when I saw the finish line at about 200m or something, I just legged it, never run so fast in my life - finished it in 36 mins! My record in the gym was never under 40! Just go for it, keep a steady pace and good luck! xxx

8. AA1234

AA1234 New Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(37.39%)
    Diet:
    Tried them all and failed!!!
    Make sure you do your training on the road and not in the gym. Running on the road is alot harder than the gym.

9. lizzi

lizzi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    You say that, but I didn't find it too hard. then again, it depends on what you want to achieve. If you're looking for speed, then training on the road is better. If you jsut want to be able to jog the whole way then I found the gym fine - just make sure you've got some proper running shoes!! They're worth the money!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.