Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Race for Life

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by deej, 15 March 2007 Social URL.

1. deej

deej Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Is anyone considering doing the Race for Life this year?

Last year when I was doing CD I read a lot of posts from people who were doing, or had done Race for Life. I was just wondering if anyone was this year?

Last year I lost 7 stone on CD (I did start on LL, but switched after 10 weeks.) Over Christmas I put on 13lbs and I have been struggling to get it off since. I have managed to lose 3lbs and haven't put anymore back on, so just the 10lbs left. I thought that entering the Race for Life would give me a goal and an incentive to get fit, I want to run the whole 5km!

I was wondering if anyone had any tips about running, or some info on how you found the Race last year. I will be running it in June in Wolverhampton.

Thanks very much.

Dawn

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    Not this year, I'LL BE ABOUT 4 WEEKS POST-OP FROM TUMMY TALK, SO WILL BE LUCKY to be walking! (oops, caps)
    If you are not a runner, or running atm, then start NOW. Start off by walking for 60 or 30 seconds, then jogging for them same, do this for a week for about 10 minutes, 2nd week increase to a minute of each, 3rd week, maybe increase your time, then 2 minutes run, 30 second walk, and so on wherever you are comfortable. I'm sure the race for life webpage has this advice (only better, mine is a few years old and I can't remember accurately)
    Well done and good luck
    kate

4. Lilypad

Lilypad Full Member

Diet:
    LL
  5. lashly

lashly Regular Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    How weird have just posted thread on this !!! ME ME I am !!!:) :D

6. Sam25

Sam25 Silver Member

Diet:
    Harcombe Diet
  7. deej

deej Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Thanks Kate and Katie and lashly!

I have been doing some running over the last 4 weeks, I think that I need to get into a proper routine now.

Good luck with the tummy tuck Kate, it is something that I am considering more and more!

Thanks

Dawn

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.