Race for Life!

Surraya

I was wondering if anyone had ever done the race for life before or are thinking of doing it this year?

I'm planning on doing the 5k version but I am not a runner (at all) so I wondered if anyone knew what would be the best way to train for it?

I go to exercise classes 3 times a week and I've got the couch to 5k app on the iPhone. But I still can't seem to run very far. Lol.

hi, i did race for life in high wycombe 2010, I walked it to be honest as i am not a runner.
I will definately be signing up again this year, it was a lovely atmosphere and very moving

might have to try that myself, am seriously out of shape and asthma usually restricts me from running. have blacked out before.

i wanted to do this in preston, but it says its full or not on anymore...

:(

i cant run to save my life, last time i ran was for a rosemere cancer foundation sponsered event. that was body attack, circuits and then a 5mile run straight after.. didnt help i had a bad back injury and couldnt move properly but i struggled with it and im very active

Thanks for the advice everyone.

So, I'll carry on with my couch to 5k, I've started it but never finished the whole thing. That should get me in2 shape a bit. (I hope). Lol.

Maybe in Preston they haven't started registration for this year yet?!

do it, its the best thing u can ever think about doing, i have done the last 4 years!!!!!! i love it

Thanks for the advice everyone.

So, I'll carry on with my couch to 5k, I've started it but never finished the whole thing. That should get me in2 shape a bit. (I hope). Lol.

Maybe in Preston they haven't started registration for this year yet?!

not too sure, but if its full for this year im putting myself up for it next year

Race for Life is brilliant! I did the 5k and kindof fast jogged most of it lol

They line everyone up in order of runners, joggers and walkers and you can complete it however you want :p

Im goign to train for it this year and see if I can run it though :-D X

I may just join you. I've been wanting to do it for a while and always wimped out bcos i don't/can't run.

I started running on monday by using the Couch 2 5K app as well. :rolleyes:

Good luck and lets rock and roll!!! :D

Do it do it do it! To everyone! Do the couch2 5k! It seems like you can't run much, but within a few months you're running for a full 30+ minutes!

I did the 5k one and trained for that, got my time to 35 mins, on the day with adrenaline etc got it down to 33 mins!

Then 2 weekends later, hadn't trained any extra did the 10k race as well!! :D was sooo pleased! Just kept running! It was amazing!!

Back