Race for life

rebecca1608

Well I got through it, completed in 42 mins, 7 mins faster than last year!

It's really strange coz I knew I was loosing weight and exercising, but as I hadn't trained for this I didn't know I was getting fitter!

Any one else doing race for life?

rebecca1608 said:
Well I got through it, completed in 42 mins, 7 mins faster than last year!

It's really strange coz I knew I was loosing weight and exercising, but as I hadn't trained for this I didn't know I was getting fitter!

Any one else doing race for life?

Yes, I did it too. Finished in 45 mins - 10 mins faster than last year. For the first time, I jogged part of the way instead of power walking all the way round. As you say, the exercising has made us fitter; I didn't train especially for the race either and I've certainly never jogged before!

Well done you. It's such a great feeling being part of if. Very emotional day.

Well done you guys - and even more praise for beating last years time :)

I did it with my 2 DDs. I lost my MIL to cancer just a few weeks before so we did it for her :)

I managed to run it all without stopping in just under 30 mins - my 2 DDs started off running with me and my friend but then left us to it and did it in under 28 mins... I say under for both cos by the time we got over the starting line it was over 2 mins on the clock ;)

I was SOOOO chuffed with myself as I thought I would hvae to stop at some point as only managed to do nearly 4k without stopping before so was MEGA chuffed I managed to do the full 5 k running without stopping....

Back