Rachel xx

Rachelrae

Hi there I started atkins yesterday as healthy eating got a bit out of control and I was soooo hungry calorie counting....it just wasn't working for me!!
I haven't got the book ( ordering tomorrow ) so have just been using info off the net so far.
Not sure if I've been doing it correctly though so I would be grateful if anyone could check my food x
Also, I've just read that regular tea is a no no in the induction phase? Is this right....if so, oops!!

Sunday
Bacon, fried egg and mushrooms in olive oil

Full fat cream cheese whizzed with olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and parsley. Celery, cucumber, avocado

2 pork chops rubbed with red pesto, large field mushroom stuffed with cheese, kale fried in olive oil and garlic with double cream

Today
Bacon, fried eggs and 2 small tomatoes

Full can tuna with side salad, boiled egg, 10 green olives and full fat mayo

Turkey breast marinades in soy sauce and teryaki, asparagus, red pepper, mushrooms, courgette all stir fried in olive oil.

I'm getting married in 5 weeks so would like to drop a dress size by then x

Ps, I am pretty clueless about how to check for carbs in veg etc just been sticking to the allowed food list ( I think! ) and not overeating x

Looks good. Just watch your labels for the pesto etc. Green veg is pretty safe, just be careful of onions, peppers, tomatoes etc as you wouldn't realise how quick it is to have too many of them lol.

I remember doing Atkins for a bit a while back, and Step 1 (starting phase) was pretty much no vegetables, no caffeine, no 'real' milk (too carb heavy - had to substitute with soya/almond milk) and even eggs were limited as the yolk contains quite a few carbs. There are lots of resources online such as: http://nutritiondata.self.com/ or http://www.calorieking.com/ to check for nutrition values in any food.
It depends on which phase you're starting with though, Phase 2 is less restrictive. :) It will all work at the end of the day, after all you've cut out refined carbs and sugars, so you're doing ok x

Hiya I started today, last did it 12 years ago and it really worked. Faffed about with various other diets and had success here n there but back in it now starting to look/feel old and at 42 I can do without that! Got 50lb to shift but I've set a goal of 28 first

Back