Rach's Diary

Discussion in 'CD Weight Loss Diaries' started by gibs25, 15 September 2011 Social URL.

1. gibs25

gibs25 Member

Start Weight:
    25st3lb
    Current Weight:
    24st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(3.4%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi all, I'm new to this site and I'm new to the Cambridge Diet. I thought it might be useful to write a diary about how I am feeling etc daily and it might give me something to do rather than go to the fridge.

I went to see a consultant last night who has started me on Step 2 of the programme. I'm only 30 but I weigh just over 25 stone. I figured this is my last chance to lost the weight without considering surgery. She said the Step 2 was a bit more "human" as it incorporates a little bit of proper food.

I've started my diet today. I have already had 2 pints of water, a ready meal strawberry shake for breakfast and I have made a chocolate orange shake for lunch. So far so good. I don't feel hungry (yet!!).

I can't wait for people to start noticing the difference in me and I can't wait to start dropping dress sizes. I am going to London at the end of October so I would like a couple of stone off by then if possible. That is my first goal.

I would appreciate any tips or help from people who have done this diet for a while. I did try Lighter Life but I wasn't keen on the whole Counselling thing.

Wish me luck, and hello!! :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. babelicious

babelicious New Member

Hi gibs25,

I know how you feel I weigh 20st and started yesterday. It's all new to me but I'm determined to get it all off. I wish u d best of luck, u can do this - one day at a time.

4. mama22

mama22 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.5%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Know how you feel but the diet works so well you just have to take it an hr at a time to start with. If you do get hungry tell yourself "I'm going to have a hot drink and then wait an hr if I'm hungry I will have a shake"
    Posting helps a lot during the first few days.
    X

5. gibs25

gibs25 Member

Start Weight:
    25st3lb
    Current Weight:
    24st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(3.4%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thank you both of you. It helps to know someone else is starting their journey at the same time as me.

6. fee

fee Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.92%)
    Diet:
    slim-fast
    Hi. You sound very motivated. My CDC told me I couldnt make the foods in advance. She said to have them within 15mins to get all the nutrients etc. Not sure if it makes a massive difference, just thought is let u know. Good luck with Cambridge. I'm on day 4 and I'm coping much better than day 2 and 3. Cravings are now just in my mind, I'm not really hungry.

7. gibs25

gibs25 Member

Start Weight:
    25st3lb
    Current Weight:
    24st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(3.4%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Day 2. Feel so proud of myself for lasting 1 day!! Really don't like the strawberry shakes but got a few so will have to persevere until I can buy new next week! Loving the choc orange ones.

Going to try the potato and leek soup for my tea tonight.

Have to be honest, dreading the weekend but I'm just taking one day at a time. My goal each day is to stick to CD until the end of the day. I think that is the only way it will work for me. I can't wait for next Wednesday to see how much this has been worth the hunger!!

8. gibs25

gibs25 Member

Start Weight:
    25st3lb
    Current Weight:
    24st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(3.4%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Day 3. I have a weekend job that is super busy so I've not really thought about it today. On step 2 so had a bit of ham with salad for tea about an hour ago. Really hungry now tho so have got in bed with my laptop to stop me going to the fridge.

Really just want to go in my car to macdonalds but not going to!!!

Are u allowed the odd diet drink on step 2? Like a diet coke or something? I think that would help me.

Can't wait till Wed so I can see the results. So so proud of myself for sticking to it tho. Roll on day 5 where these hunger pains will have gone!!

9. jessicacaca

jessicacaca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(11.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambrige
    Good Luck Gibs25, I get the feeling you'll do fab! Xx

10. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    no diet coke, because it contains citric acid that will knock you out of ketosis... but you can have the occasional coke zero.

also - maybe you know - ham isn't on the list of 'allowed' foods at step two, but you can have chicken / prawns.

11. gibs25

gibs25 Member

Start Weight:
    25st3lb
    Current Weight:
    24st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(3.4%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks for the info. Might try a coke zero if i'm really desperate then.

No,didn't realise ham wasn't allowed. Thought it would be as its protein. I'll stick to chicken from now on :)

12. gibs25

gibs25 Member

Start Weight:
    25st3lb
    Current Weight:
    24st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(3.4%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Day 4. Feeling much better today than yesterday. The hunger seems to be going and i seem to have more energy (maybe that's psychological??). My weigh in has been brought forward one day to tuesday rather than Wednesday. Still hoping for double figures!!!

I'm actually starting to believe I can do this, and stick to it. Taking it one day at a time seems to be working for me.

13. gibs25

gibs25 Member

Start Weight:
    25st3lb
    Current Weight:
    24st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(3.4%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Day 6!! Sorry forgot to update yesterday. I feel brilliant. I dont feel hungry anymore. The food thing is very psychological... ive been to a funeral today and there was a buffet - my favourite meal, but i resisted. I could've eaten the whole lot!!!

I have to be honest and say that my body is doing strange things. I had to take 2 dulcolax tablets last night as i was in agony cos i hadn't been to the toilet in 3 days (sorry for painting a horrible picture). It was a horrible feeling and I dont want to feel it again - any advise would be great? I was even debating eating something at 6:45am this morning cos I was nearly crying in pain.

I've got my weigh in tonight - a day early cos CDC is unavailble tomorrow. Hope its been worth it!!! i'll keep you informed!

Rach x

14. mama22

mama22 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.5%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    CD do a fibre powder you can add to shakes and that will prevent it happening again. Hope your weight goes well x

15. gibs25

gibs25 Member

Start Weight:
    25st3lb
    Current Weight:
    24st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(3.4%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Woohoo!!!!!! 12lb loss in 6 days. So so so happy!!!!

16. Sap91

Sap91 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Well done!!! Am sure you would have lost a stone if you did it after 7days. Keep it up!!!!!

17. babelicious

babelicious New Member

Oh me oh my well done
    That's absolutely fabulous keep up the hard work.

One day @ a time. U will succeed. ????

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. mama22

mama22 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.5%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Woohoo well done x

20. posterofagirl

posterofagirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(22.36%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Well done! You are over the worst and with great numbers too. Big pat on the back!

21. Xearrith

Xearrith Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.17%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Well done! Sounds like you are going to fantastically on CD. I've just started too, on day 7 now and my first weigh in is tomorrow. So good to see someone else just at the beginning of CD doing so well! :]

22. gibs25

gibs25 Member

Start Weight:
    25st3lb
    Current Weight:
    24st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(3.4%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Day 12 and still going strong. 2nd weigh in tomorrow night but I don't feel like I've lost anything. My scales show that I haven't but I'm not sure if they are 100% correct. Really want at least 2lb so I can get a stone.

I don't feel hungry at all anymore which is great but today I have felt so so angry and emotional. It this a normal feeling. Just wanna burst into tears for no reason and it's not time of the month or anything like that. Feel like if I don't lose tomoz it'll send me over the edge!!

On a brighter note I'm already in a size lower trousers! Good times.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.