Raising a Shake glass to the non-fallen angels this NYE

MissAma

Silver Member
Hey there everyone Cambridging or just dieting over NYE. I was going to have a moan in my diary but realised I can't be the only one finding tonight extra hard.

So tempting to scoff all this lovely food and drinks "just for the night" - but we know it wouldn't necessarily stop there, don't we? Even if we managed to only cheat for the night and jump back with a shake tomorrow we'd feel dreadful - bloated, full, upset with ourselves, 1-2 lbs heavier and generally miserable. And let's face it - it takes tonight only to put on 2lbs but so much hard work and so many shakes to get them off!

Not to mention that every time we restart, *every time* our chances of long term success diminish. (i.e. who's to say that going strong tonight wouldn't have meant we would have gotten at target whereas this instance of weakness will mean we'll fall off the wagon completely weeks away from accomplishing what we set out to do)

So if anyone's around let's use each other as the AA sponsors - let's have a play-by-play of all the things we've avoided.

I'll start - I've scoffed a litre of water while cooking pulled pork a minute ago! One victory for tonight, the batter is far from over!

2013 you will not see me fail one last time :p

Last edited:
I'm not Cambridge, but so sharing the struggling of tonight! You have motivated me to keep on track and not eat a huge takeaway to celebrate the night! After all it's only an evening, there will be plenty of opportunities to celebrate when we are skinny and the damage wont be nearly as big!
Thank you for this post, good luck!
X

Oh so glad to hear it! I think I am feeling stronger too - not quite there yet though:)

How many times have our FAT selves lied to us that "it would never feel as good as tonight, what's one day of cheating, life is for living, this particular food here is best there ever was an none you'd get after would taste half as good" etc, etc? That's right. You're a big FAT liar and you're not tricking us tonight!

Bravo!!!!!! And Amen! I love this post. Thus far I've cooked and avoided roast potatoes, black peppercorn and cream chicken and mixed steamed veg :D Two shakes and 2 litres of water down :flirt2: WINNING!!!

And I'm pinching that mantra:
2013 you will not see me fail one last time*

Thanks for this MissAma - I'll be here throughout the evening! xx

MissAma, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Your post has not only motivated me but you've put a smile on my face. I'm gonna see 2014 in with a tall glass of water and I'll be laughing whilst doing it.

We are going to win this ladies and we will own 2014!!!!!

Good luck everyone

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok in the interest of full disclosure this just happened - pulled pork out of oven - kill me so FAT-me says "c'mon, just taste a millimeter of a corner, what kind of cook are you?!?" and I put it in my mouth and had it on my tongue!!!

For all of 3 seconds before getting it straight into the garbage and making my chocolate shake which I will now enjoy with an episode of Nurse Jackie! YEY ME!

Well done. You deserve a large glass of water!! Happy new year. Xx

House currently intoxicated with the smell of (slimming world recipe) chilli and home made garlic bread, killing me but I hid for a while and once the eating was over I came down and had my shake.

Another 100% day is what it's all about!

X

I just hope the neighbours don't get loud and lairy later, looking forward to getting tonight over and starting the new year bright eyed (but no bushy tails tho)! Ha ha ;-)

Same here! Waiting for midnight to strike then it's to bed for me! So far so good, thanks for the support everyone! (Thanks for the shoe idea too! I just slipped into one of my only-three-pairs-of-Louboutins and I think this calls for a second hand fourth pair, such was the effort!:) - pic in my diary if anyone is curious.

I don't know if this will help but I turn into a research junky to stick with this diet(I have no will power at these things normally) but these facts have spurred me on, maybe they will be useful to some others too:

Professor Roy Taylor has successfully treated and had 100% success rate at reversing type 2 diabetes by using a 600 calorie per day diet using replacement diet drinks. Vlcd trigger your body to burn visceral (internal) fat first, meaning all the fat is emptied from the liver and pancreas first and they then return to normal functioning, proven through special MRI scans, blood tests etc. apart from all the health advantages this offers it also means we will process foods more efficiently when we embark on a normal healthy diet.

Cutting out sugar and carbs not only makes us slimmer, improves our health etc, it also slows down the ageing process, sugar is one of the main causes of wrinkles, it attaches to the elastin s and makes the fibres ridged causing wrinkles and other nasties.

So who wants fatty foods and alcohol for a very temporary high only to suffer tomorrow! Lets raise a glass of water to 2014 and start it off with a spring in our step and glowing skin!

I don't know if this will help but I turn into a research junky to stick with this diet(I have no will power at these things normally) but these facts have spurred me on, maybe they will be useful to some others too:

Professor Roy Taylor has successfully treated and had 100% success rate at reversing type 2 diabetes by using a 600 calorie per day diet using replacement diet drinks. Vlcd trigger your body to burn visceral (internal) fat first, meaning all the fat is emptied from the liver and pancreas first and they then return to normal functioning, proven through special MRI scans, blood tests etc. apart from all the health advantages this offers it also means we will process foods more efficiently when we embark on a normal healthy diet.

Cutting out sugar and carbs not only makes us slimmer, improves our health etc, it also slows down the ageing process, sugar is one of the main causes of wrinkles, it attaches to the elastin s and makes the fibres ridged causing wrinkles and other nasties.

So who wants fatty foods and alcohol for a very temporary high only to suffer tomorrow! Lets raise a glass of water to 2014 and start it off with a spring in our step and glowing skin!

Love this. Always love a bit of evidence based dieting. Happy new year!

Thanks for last night ladies, you have been huge help, without you I would have undoubtedly binged and destroyed all my efforts.

Waking up this morning with 1/2 lbs off instead of 3 lbs on was worth the pain!

Back