ramadan any suggestions

loselose

hi all

well im back

really confused on how to do the diet in ramadan any help will be appriciated

wish i could help didnt want to look and not reply ask you cd may be able to help

Nas is the one to ask about this i think! Dieting Queen! I believe she is ssing over Ramadan somehow!

Hi Becky i tried to SS last year... but i found the water too hard... so this year hoping to start at 810 and see how it goes... as long as i maintain ( a few pounds off would be ok too) I'm goign to play it by ear.... The first fast we have to have breakfast before 4 am and we eat at just after 8pm.... so it's not many hours to get the water into....

if you can lose lose and want to SS i'd go for 1l of water and a pack in the morning.... 2 packs and rest of water at night! Hope thats helpful x

yeah it does thanx

il try that and see how i go. iwont go into starvation mode though will i

Have you thought about becoming nocturnal for Ramadan??? lol :D

Hi huni, i had this same dilemma when i was thinking of what to do. I did want to do SS or 810 through Ramadan but my parents are worried that i'll pass out because we have to fast for so long.

So i will post what i have thought of so far and you can see if it is of any use to you.

I will start off the month by combining CD/Atkins/healthy eating but slowly return to CD SS at the end of the month when its TOTM.

At 3amish i will be having:
>steamed chicken breast (the 810 quantities or more) with salad and maybe some mayo (if i want to do Akins version)
> Sometimes i will have Tuna Salad or Tofu salad for variety
>2 boiled egg whites
>1 CD Shake (14.4g Carbs)
> 1 Litre of H2O

>and maybe (and i mean maybe) 1 low carb toast, if its very low carb and fasting is tough for me. (?g Carbs)

I have read about the CD porridge and wouldn’t mind having this in the morning but will have to try getting hold of some first.

At 8pmish I will be having:
>steamed fish with broccoli (810 portions)
> 1.5-2 Litres of water through the night
> Maybe snack on some chicken breast if i get hungry
> i might have some tandoori chicken from the takeaway somedays depending on if i am in the mood to cook (and for a lil treat)

+ Multivitamins

I will aim for between 20-25g carbs a day so i can stay in ketosis and keep hunger away (16 hours is a long time to fast) but i will be going on how i get through the day and will eat more if i have too (i have passed out in Ramadan before, dont want it to happen again).

This is just an outline, i am planning to change it about and see what suits me, if i cant stay low carb then i will try to be healthy.

I hope that has given you some ideas of what to have to eat. I guess if you want to do SS you can do what Nas posted and have 1 CD pack in the AM and 2 in the PM and try to drink as much water as you can when we have the chance. But if you are just starting back on restart and still have the carb withdrawal to go through, i wouldn’t recommend going straight into it as we cant drink water in the day so you'll have to put up with carb withdrawal symptoms and no water to ease them :(

Another option could be to stick to one of the higher plans and work your way down to SS at the end of the month. You'll lose some lbs in the process and you'll be more likley to be successful at Restarting 100% wehn you SS.

I have thought of doing this but i personally want to stay low carb to stay in ketosis and keep the hunger away.

The first week or 2 will be hard after that it should get easier so maybe you could try CD SS in week 3 when we have to fast for shorter hours. Or maybe you could restart CD in your TOTM week and then SSing shouldn’t be too hard when fasting as you'd have gone through the carb withdrawal.

Ok i best shut up now. I am sorry about the long post but i thought i would post all the options i have thought of and all the ideas for meals incase you find them useful.

I wish you all the best for the Month of Ramadan. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Take Care xx

great post maybe baby.... i think you have given it lots of thought and considered all the options! Unlike me who is going to just play it one day at a time :) will probably be stealing some of your ideas... cos they look pretty good!!!

Ramadhan Mubarak to you both

Love Nas x

great post maybe baby.... i think you have given it lots of thought and considered all the options! Unlike me who is going to just play it one day at a time :) will probably be stealing some of your ideas... cos they look pretty good!!!

Ramadhan Mubarak to you both

Love Nas x

I am always planning ahead, lol, i know i shouldnt because we cant predict the future but its just a habit of mine, lol.

I am also hoping to lose about 7-10lbs this month so i need to plan otherwise i'll end up eating mums cooking and i know thats not going to be healthy food, lol.

I am still in the process of looking up some low carb meals so i will post them in here.

I hope Ramadan goes well for you both.

xx :)

thank u for ur reply and maybe baby thanks for all the options. the first day was really bad as i gave into the food my partner was eating u know the usual samosas kebabs pakoras:sign0007: and much more:banghead:. so ive decided to work my way down, today was good as i had no toast resisted the chocolate.

so lokking forward to the morning il be having 1ltr water and a shake.

and happy ramadan to u too

Hi hun, i'm glad you had a gud day 2day. I wudnt worry about the first day, i know how hard it can be to resist the gorjus food. But i think its nice to just enjoy the breaking of the fast on the first day with the family to celebrate ramazan. I treated myself to a slice of choc gateau on the first day, lol.

Its gud to hear you had a better day today. The past few days have gone ok for me too but i am finding it hard to find meals that i like that are low carb. I am considering going back to CD SS but i dont know if i will get through the day without being able to drink any water. I am trying to finish off 1.5 litres right now and plan to have 0.5 litres in the morning + tuna salad and 1 CD pack.

Anyway, let us know how you get on. I will try to get on here tmrw and post what i ate in this thread incase that could be of any help to you.

I hope you have a gud day tmrw :) xx

Ramadan Kareem ladies,

I am here trying to ss in ramadan. So I am trying to have a shake and a liter before fajr, then after magrib having the other 2 shakes and another liter and a half of water before bedtime. My treat for the month daily is 1 date to break fast. I love the jumbo medjool dates but they are 66 calories in 1 date. Gosh. Anyhow, all the best to you ladies during this month. May he make us sucessful in it.

P.S. I think the hours for fasting in Kuwait are shorter than there in the UK this year, so it might be a little easier. Fajr here is around 4am and Magrib is at 6:30 PM. So only 14.5 hours compared to your 16 hour days.

Last edited:
Thank you for the wishes Anisah! Ramadhan Kareem to you too.

Wow thats great that you are managing to SS during Ramadhan, How are you feeling? does the lack of water in the day cause you any problems?

Thank you for the wishes Anisah! Ramadhan Kareem to you too.

Wow thats great that you are managing to SS during Ramadhan, How are you feeling? does the lack of water in the day cause you any problems?

I have not seen any difference due to the water because I am glugging it in the evenings. I am feeling as good as I normally do the first week of any Ramadan. Thirsty thirsty thirsty but it makes it that much easier to get it down at night. I can drink a half liter right when I break fast in one go. I actually think Ramadan is easier than the rest of the year other than the water because there is more of a reason not to pick at food than the diet, and after breaking fast having to squeeze in 2 shakes and water keeps you pretty full. That's just my personal experience though. I think it's worth trying for a couple of days.

Hi Anisah, Ramadan Mubarak.

How have you got on today? Well done for sticking to SS in this month and for managing to drink all your water.

I really want to go back on SS because its so much easier than counting Carbs but i'm afraid i'll pass out in the day due to lack of water, lol.

I can manage about 0.5 litres in the morning and 1.5 in the evening but the water keeps me awake in the mornign due to needing the loo and in the evening i have to do my wudhu several tmes when trying to pray due to more loo trips,lol, it does get annoying but i dont mind.

I am thinking i will build on my water this week and then maybe start SSing next week, i am also cutting down on carbs this week so hopefully i wont have the horrible carb withdrawal symptoms when i SS.

Anyway, i hope you have had a good day and you and your family have a blessed and peaceful month :) xx

Good evening all! This is a fascinating thread, and thanks to Maybe Baby for all that information.

I just wanted to let you know that the latest edition of the Counsellors' in-house magazine (The Insider, Sept 2008, which we received on Thursday) has a 2-page spread about CD and Ramadan, written by a CDC, Asma Zafar. Perhaps it would be possible for your Counsellors to photocopy the relevant pages for you?

We also now have Halal Certification for all of our Diet sachets (and didn't change any ingredients in order to meet the requirements).

Hope that helps. I wish you all a good Ramadan.

Good evening all! This is a fascinating thread, and thanks to Maybe Baby for all that information.

I just wanted to let you know that the latest edition of the Counsellors' in-house magazine (The Insider, Sept 2008, which we received on Thursday) has a 2-page spread about CD and Ramadan, written by a CDC, Asma Zafar. Perhaps it would be possible for your Counsellors to photocopy the relevant pages for you?

We also now have Halal Certification for all of our Diet sachets (and didn't change any ingredients in order to meet the requirements).

Hope that helps. I wish you all a good Ramadan.

Hi Lesley, thank you for telling us about the article in the magazine. Would you mind teling me what the gist of it is, i wont be able to see my CDC for a few weeks as she is away. I would really appreciate it.

Are all the CD products now halal, including the mix a mouse and the chicken soups etc?? It would be nice to include abit more variety when i'm back on SS.

Thanks again xx

Wow.

I have to take my metaphorical hat off to you ladies for going the whole day with nothing - when I was on SS I couldn't have survived without my water to keep the empty stomach pangs at bay!

Good luck x

Back