ramblings/advice/buddy wanted

Well I can tell you why I always used to self sabotage after people congratulated me on losing weight and looking good. I was scared of being thin.
I became fat subconciously to hide (long story blah blah!) and when I started losing weight I started to get "noticed". I was out of my comfort zone!
Yes I was fat, but I was happy, I really was, good friends etc etc. Thn something happened that made me come face to face with my weight.
was disgusted with myself, I was ugly.
NOW!! I'm ready to be thin, I'm going to be noticed fat or thin so I might as well be the person I'm meant to be! I'm gonna be ****ing gawjus!
The moth (which can be lovely!) is gonna be the most spectacular butterfly in the world or on my planet at least!
Can you tell I'm not scared anymore?
That's my story it may help you it may not I hope it gives you an insight!
Good luck on your journey, stay strong and have faith!
You have the power within you to be whoever you want

Hi nic,

Didn't want to read and run. I do exactly the same as you. As soon as someone tells me I've lost weight and looking great I seem to go into binge mode. I think that something in my brain says 'oh well if u look good u don't need to be dieting etc anymore so now ur able to eat what u want'....weird eh.?? Then I get cross at myself for doing it and having a binge and thus the vicious circle begins once again. :-(

I tried to restart on Monday and did not too bad all week but today I went off plan and now I want to start afresh on Monday again.. I can't really comment as regards to wether u should restart or not but as everyone says u have to be on the right frame of mind for it. So my opinion would be to do what feels right to u now. The fact that u want to restart now instead of in 2 weeks time like CDC suggested must surely mean ur in the right frame of mind. And sometimes it's very difficult to get yourself into that frame of mind so I'd say strike while the irons hot. And even if it doesn't work out for u this time.....at least you've had the strength and courage to try.!!!
Good luck in whatever u decide to do chick. And if ur stuck I'm on here all the time or if you'd like to swap numbers drop me a wee private mail and we'll try and do this together. Big hugs xxx

yeah I'm the same , I go into binge mode as well, think that maybe I may be scared of being thin too, whenever I get within sight of goal I struggle.

It used to be about losing weight and looking good, but now I'm into running, I run everyday mon/fri, getting better and better as every lb of weight comes off, I know that carrying the extra 4stone which i atill am carrying is affecting my performance that I know I need to lose that weight before I can run my best, I am training to run the plymouth half marathon next year and I want to be able to do it under 2hours. I know I wont be able to if I am carrying this extra weight my body doesn't need. Being thin or a certain weight isn't always the right goal to have, because I have known many people who have got down to the ideal weight only to notice that life isn't a whole lot different to what it was when they were bigger?? and then they start to wonder if it was all worth it??? then they gradually put weight on etc. What I have learnt from running is that it a mind over matter thing, My mind tells my body it will do the x amount of running I tell it to do even if my body is saying I'm tired, I hurt I want to stop etc.

If your looking and searching for perfection you will never get it, you can spend your whole life thinking 'what if' there are no guarantee's that you will have the life/social life/perfect man/ when you reach your ideal size etc, you are still the same person inside. Work towards another goal, something that is based on having a healthier life style or some kind of fitness goal. NCassidy make your goal to be the best footballer you can be, to be the best footballer you can be would be to start fuelling appropriately for the training you do, looking at ways to lower your bodyfat, eating foods which support that goal, asking yourself why you eating foods which will take you away from the goal you have which will make you fatter and slower on the football pitch???? Taking responsibility for your eating, noone makes you make the wrong food choices?? Good luck

hi thanks for the replies - I see myself in each of those!! Kate when you put you were scared of being thin - me too - I guess all my life i've been the big one who could hide in the background but like you, I don't want that anymore - you sound really motivated so good luck!!!

Trisha - thanks for the comment, don't know about you but me just admitting that has helped me :)

Emz - I could have written that first paragraph haha - would be great if we could help each other out - I've decided not to wait two weeks - I don't want to be another few lbs heavier and dealing with that and so today I have cleared all my cupboards and got all products ready for a new me!!

Aogg - I know exactly what you mean - if you remember on the program that was exactly the dilemma I had when I was told not to exercise. My goal has always been about getting fit and healthy and as a side goal the weight would come off. Saying that, I want to get to that weight off asap as doing so much running and sharp turns and sprints in pre season training means my body is taking a bashing with all my extra weight so think I am going to give this until season starts and then I am going to move up plans and concentrate on fitness :)

Nic x

Well all I can say is that, I've had some amazing losses, with all the exercise I've done, I've gone from 16stone4 to 14stone7 almost two stone lost in 49days, just over 6 weeks, infact these losses prove you can lose just as much weight as being 100% sole source on a vlcd. I don't eat any junk at all, I eat healthily and based my food around portion control and low GI foods, only having poultry and no red meat. I suppose it really doesn't matter how you reach your goals, which way you do it as long as you are committed and you get there Good luck hun :) all the best

Back