Rambling's of a mad woman?!

Lovely_Laura

Moooooo
I feel quite pathetic writing this but for the last few weeks I've really been struggling. Not with the plan, I can stick to it no problem. I'm not missing any food, have stopped bingeing completely, dealt with alot of the stuff that got me here in the first place but I just don't know how to make my weight loss better. I don't want to sound ungrateful for the amount I've lost I know it's alot in the time but it's suddenly slowed waaaaay down and this week it's finally made me question whether I can emotionally keep it up. I don't really know how to explain it all though so sorry for the rambling. This week I lost 1/2lb, I know I should be happy enough with that but it's really hard to when I see other people with little left to lose manage 3/4/5lbs. I thought the more you had to lose actually made it easier at the start and it did but I never thought it would end after 2 months. I'm lugging around this massive body which is exercise in itself! I finally feel like I've beaten all the food demons but I need the numbers to show it. I don't know, it just feels like all my energy is spent on keeping my head in a good place so I stick with the plan and when WI isn't great I'm left completely lost.

I didn't think I'd ever say this but I just don't feel hungry. The only time is after the gym and swimming but then it rarely comes again for the whole day. If I don't eat when I'm not hungry am I actually harming my weight loss? I can't be in starvation mode if I'm not hungry so I can't blame the weight hanging around on that plus when I am hungry I'm sure I eat plenty. It just doesn't take much for me to feel uncomfortably full. It sounds so silly, I'd have killed for this feeling all my life, I've always had to tell myself to only eat when hungry but now suddenly I have no appetite and feel stupid eating just because I think I should. I asked my C if I should eat more and she said well it helps some people and not others so now I'm even more confused. I don't know what to do!

Does anyone have any advice? I know I've just rambled on forever and probably sound crazy but help please!

:patback: Awwww mate!
I totally understand what your saying, I have quite a bit to lose too and some people seem to lose 4-5lb and thats sooooo beyond me.
Thing is that it IS a fact that everyone is different and while it seems slooowww progress, it is positive progress!
Why not try eating more for a week and see how it goes?
Always here for ya chuck x :angel:

Hi Laura

Could it be that you are eating the same things all of the time so stuck in a rut?
What if you were to have a week of just green days? Have you tried extra easy?

You are doing so well.

Hiya Laura! I think you hit the nail on the head when you said you might not be eating enough. Your basal metabolic rate is the number of calories you need to exist. The heavier you are, the more calories you need to maintain your basal metabolism. So if you're eating less than normal you're probably slipping into starvation mode because you probably need more food than someone who's say 12st to keep your metabolism revving. So what I'm saying is eat more! I'm not sure if you're a grazer or a 3 meal a day person but I would have 3 hearty meals a day and snack on deliciously healthy superfree fruit and veg, plenty of fat free yogurt and try to fit in some kind of exercise for 30 minutes everyday. Good luck hunny!!

Looking at your loss you have lost a lot so far Laura though only just started with SW is that right?
What plan do you normally do? I found when my losses slowed down that mixing it up worked well and increasing exercise and really making sure I wasnt having extra syns etc that wasn't being accounted for. Have heard that not eating enough can cause a problem though its not one I ahve to deal with as I dont stop :eek:! Try and increase what you are eating even if its little bits of fruit to see how it affects things.
I know its really hard but the fact that your asking for input on here says to me you want to carry on just need a bit of support to get through this...and I'm sure you will Lovely x

Thanks all of you for the support. I've just taken myself off for a talking to, I'm trying to put it all into perspective. Nothing dreadful has happened I've just not lost what I had hoped I would. I know it shouldn't effect me so much but I sit in group and cry like a completely stupid woman then come home and cry here too. I think I've just been so happy to finally have some control over myself and wanted it to work as well as I think it's going in my head. Does that make sense?:eek: I think my next step in the whole changing my life thing I set out on is to learn to control my emotions. I didn't think that would be as hard as controlling my need for food but guess I was wrong!

I will try everything you've so kindly suggested. I normally alternate red/green but this week went all red hoping for a boost. I'll do all green this week trying new things and just see what happens. Last time I did a green week I lost 9lbs then copied it the week after and lost 1/2lb so who knows what next weigh in will hold! I'll make myself eat 3 meals whether I feel hungry or not, maybe I'll train my body to look forward to them or something...I need to be more strict about having A's and B's, I rarely have the A's but have been better with B's recently. I need to find a way of including syns too. Some days I have very few and others I might have the full 15 though that is rare. It's silly because I know I need to eat all the extras not just free but then struggle to actually do it.

Honeyoc, I've just looked up the basal metabolism thingy thanks, I hadn't heard of that before. It tells me I have a BMR of 2608 but know I'm not eating anywhere near that many calories even if I have a hungry day.

Emsie, I've lost the weight with SW. :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I didn't expect anyone to bother and just put the thread down as stupid.:eek:

Aww hugs for you.

You are on the path to success and you have beaten the binge issue! That is amazing. I think I will be in need of your help in our challenge:D

Oh Laura - you have done so well and taking control of things is no easy feat.
Sometimes, it may because you 'want' this so much.
We had one lady in our group who started to get really upset that she wasn't pulling in the big losses even though she had been really good. Our C was quite frank and told her quite literally to chill. Funny thing was, that next week she did increase her losses and has continued to do so.
You are losing, so perhaps you just need to give yourself a break?
Our minds are incredibly powerful and have an amazing sub-conscious hold over our bodies at times.
Relax with the plan - have your syns to a level where you are comfortable and try and start to enjoy the wonderful foods that you can eat. How about having a week of trying something new every day?
I do hope that this helps you a little - and remember all that you have achieved so far. x

I just want to add my support to what everyone else has said. I'm sending you a big hug too and a pat on the back for writing this down, I'm sure a lot of people feel the same sometimes.:):)

Maybe your body's adjusting to your new eating habits. Don't worry, try to think positively, the weight WILL start to move again. I like to eat little and often, I think it keeps your metabolic rate up. Why don't you do a food diary on here and we can all chip in with suggestions.
Good luck x

I think everyone is different and we all have to "tweak" now and then to reboost the weight loss, also changing your exercise about will shock your body and can help with good losses

However, a loss is a loss! so you need to focus on that more, at least it isnt a gain

good luck - you are doing so well

x

Thanks everyone. I've only just woken up:eek: what a good way to start the day with your support.:) You're all so wonderfully helpful, I do need to chill so starting today I'm going to make a week's menu so it's there and I don't need to think about food all day everyday. On green I find it's easier to cook quickly (jacket pot/chickpea dahl/stirfry etc) so I'm hoping that will help. Some days it feels like I've thought of nothing except food which just isn't healthy.

I'm going to go and speak to the guy at the gym because since starting there my losses haven't been so good. Maybe he'll have some suggestions to help. I certainly don't want to stop what little exercise I'm managing because for the first time in years I can actually walk a bit lol.

Lots of love and gratitude flying to you all.

:thankyou:

Also it isnt just about losing weight, tis also about getting healthy

Soemtimes the scales dont work in our favour, but inch losses occur (so get measuring) and exercising can mess up weight loss, but in the long run you will lose weight and you will be healthier

You go girl xxxx

morning i would like to say well done you have done brilliantly.im in my second week on sw plan, ive been on it before years ago,im at the moment been following red/ green days ,im taking it a stone at a time otherwise i see a huge mountain to climb.hope you get on at the gym ok ( can you take my body) lol .sending big hugs.xx:)

Back