Ramdom questions from a newbie

ruth43

Soon to be Slim
Hi, can you please answer some random questions for me, thanks.

Can you buy liquid Splenda in England?

Does it matter if you eat less than 12g of veg a day?

Does it matter if you eat less than 20g of carbs a day, how will this affect weight loss, what impact will it have on the body?

How long did it take you to lose your first 14lbs, just out of interest and what was your starting weight?

Those who have got to goal have you found it easy to maintain?
Thanks very much,
Ruth:D

Hi Ruth and welcome :)

I'm not sure on the liquid Splenda sorry.

It doesn't matter too much if you eat under 12-15g of carbs from vege and under 20g of carbs in a day. I usually eat a max of 12-15g of carbs a day and I'm fine. I just try to have variety. Obviously eating veg like broccoli, cauliflower, peppers and mushrooms which are higher in carbs mean you will prob reach the allowed carb count in one day.

I haven't noticed that eating less carbs had affected my weight loss. First week lost 3lbs and this week I am set to lose 4lbs. It will probably take me about a month to lose 14lbs which I am very happy with.
Seeing as I started at 214lbs almost two weeks ago and need to be 185lbs by end of may to fit into my wedding dress lol, and I'm currently 207lbs :)

Not sure whether I've lost more the second week before I upped my fat intake a little xx

ruth43 said:
Hi, can you please answer some random questions for me, thanks.

Can you buy liquid Splenda in England?

Does it matter if you eat less than 12g of veg a day?

Does it matter if you eat less than 20g of carbs a day, how will this affect weight loss, what impact will it have on the body?

How long did it take you to lose your first 14lbs, just out of interest and what was your starting weight?

Those who have got to goal have you found it easy to maintain?
Thanks very much,
Ruth:D

I've never seen liquid splenda, I use the granulated stuff

I don't eat 12g of veggies a day ... (hides from jim) I eat my greens but it's not that much for me

I rarely get to 20g a day but I see no difference in my speed of loss compared to others

It took me 4 weeks to lose my first stone, but everyone is different, and alot TK begin with is water then things should slow to a steadier loss

I started at 15st10, after 5 weeks I'm now 14st5. However my little girl was in hospital for a week and I fell off the wagon big time.

X

I don't think we do get liquid splenda.

your veg + carb questions are tricky ones because people have different opinions. eating a decent amount of veg will help keep you regular and give you nutrients you need, so long as you eat a good variety. If you're taking something like psyellium husk supplements and a good range of vitamins then veg become less important, but do still try to eat them.

I take mega supplements and don't eat much veg. I also don't have 20g carbs every day. Some days I eat around 12g. Some days i go just over the 20g. I can't say whether i'd lose more if I stuck to one option or the other.

I think it took me about a month to lose my first 14lbs, maybe 5 weeks. your biggest losses are in the first couple of weeks, though, so it's a slightly unrealistic question. On average people seem to lose between 7-10lbs a month dependingon their BMI, gender and other factors.

Thanks for your replies, you've all done so amazing so far. I think I was being unrealistic and wanted to lose a stone in two weeks, LOL. I'll scrap that idea as it "ain't gonna happen".

Two more questions I forgot to ask earlier, if anyone can help please?

Bournville cocoa is it allowed on Induction if you just use a tablespoon or less a day or not even every day? And is this what they call no added sugar cocoa, I can't think what else it would be? Actually, I can't believe I forgot to ask the chocolate question earlier, see I'm making progress it went right out of my mind!!

Can I use Knorr chicken or beef stock cubes in cooking on Induction and if so how do you work out the carbs, as on the packet it gives you two sets of numbers one in red and one in black, does anyone else use them, please say yes? I would then be dividing the meal into 5 portions, it's going to be a bolognese, so the actual carbs will come out low.
Thanks again
Ruth

I use green and blacks cocoa powder - I think it's 12g carbs per 100 grams but in reality 100g of cocoa powder is alot and will go a long way so I don't think you'll rack up the carbs using cocoa powder

The numbers in red are per cube whereas the numbers in green are per 100ml stock (not a lot!) A cube is only what, about 3g carbs? If you're dividing it between 5 I think it would be fine. TBH though, even if you were dividing it between fewer I'd still keep it in - I don't think it's worth sacrificing the taste.

That said however, I think I've read Quak saying that she uses Bouillon powder, which I believe is lower in carbs than stock cubes if it's important to you :)

Edit: I should say that earlier in my diet I used stock cubes a bit to make up batches of food - it didn't seem to do me too much damage. Good on you for reading the labels though - the most important part of this WOE! :)

Becareful with your bolognaise as u should really avoid tomatoes while on induction as they are quite carby. I still make a sort of bolognaise and sometimes a chilli, but I use a little bit of a very low carb tomato purée and a few tablespoons of zero carb tomato ketchup mixed in with some veg bouillon . Has the same effect without the carbs. Tinned tomatoes and fresh tomatoes are packed with naughty little carbs

Thanks for all your good advice.

Beth: what is the make of the low carb tomato puree, zero carb tomato ketchup and veg bouillon that you use?

zero carb TK is made by "colac" and is available on the lowcarbmegastore.. its pricy tho so i have stocked up on 5 bottles aswell as my other bits as delivery is expensive... i use it in all sorts of recipes like meatloafs and chillis, and to make sauces

the low carb tomato puree is "GIA sundried tomato puree with oil herbs and spices" which i bought at tesco.

and veg boullion is just the tesco one.

xx

Back