RANT! Recipies in comfort Food free booklet

Chicaloca

Silver Member
and most of the magazine recipes always show the syns on EE only.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I dont do EE, I do Original and green, why dont they print the syn values for these too, hmmmmm???

ANGRY & ANNOYED! (but staying away from the biscuit tin ;)

I noticed that too when I was reading through it, on one recipe it gave a red alternative, might have been the sausage and mash one, said "for a free meal on original, switch the potatoes for celeriac".

I think they are just purely pushing EE as the plan to end all plans, but much of their over the counter sales will come from people who are looking at joining SW, its like a giant advert, so as they give ALL new members instruction about EE, it would confuse them to start adding red & green values to stuff. Funnily enough the other night we had some new members come in and I was being held up as a great example of how the plan works and my C said "Tell them what plan you follow" - I suspect the right answer was not "Mostly red with a few days EE" coz she went "Yes, MLM follows Extra Easy! And it IS easy!!!". I suspect I wasnt supposed to say "Mostly red days" - but I would hardly be telling the truth if I said "Oh, I totally follow EE", because I dont.

It is a bit annoying, but if you have been doing SW long enough to work with and understand the Red and Green plans, (coz you really WONT get any support around those plans these days) then it wont be too taxing for you to be able to fiddle with recipes to make them free on Red or Green.

No I know, but its just annoying!

I like the restrictions of green/red, I also need the rules. EE is just to free n easy for me, and very very easy to abuse!

I've followed EE from day one.....cos I can't get my head around red/green :/

I'm a fairly new class member and EE just doesn't work for me. I've been dismissed as doing it wrong but I track online so I know I can't be i.e. I choose free foods from those available on the online diary, I can't have too many healthy extras because the online diary only allows 1a and 1b etc etc. Last week I followed red days - lost 4lb. So it's red from now on, with maybe the odd EE day thrown in at the weekend x

SW do promote EE more so than the other plans now. I only have a couple of EE days a week, purely because I'm not really a meat eater so Green makes more sense.

In the magazines however, towards the back they have an index of all the recipes featured, with the syn values on all plans.

SW do promote EE more so than the other plans now. I only have a couple of EE days a week, purely because I'm not really a meat eater so Green makes more sense.

In the magazines however, towards the back they have an index of all the recipes featured, with the syn values on all plans.
Oooh, didn't know that, thanks for that x

Ahhh different strokes for different folks, and thats why not showing all the syn options in their recipes is most annoying! (ok ok just the Comfort booklet, didnt know about the back of the mag ones! Thanks :D BUT printing them underneath alongside EE wouldnt hurt now, would it?

I doubt very much that Sw would be EE only as red/green work for so many people :)

I'm a fairly new class member and EE just doesn't work for me. I've been dismissed as doing it wrong but I track online so I know I can't be i.e. I choose free foods from those available on the online diary, I can't have too many healthy extras because the online diary only allows 1a and 1b etc etc. Last week I followed red days - lost 4lb. So it's red from now on, with maybe the odd EE day thrown in at the weekend x

I have found that I have much better losses with red, and it makes sense to me because when I have been comfort eating in the past, it is always carbs that I have craved, and I have put SERIOUS amounts of weight on through binging on carbs. I cannot honestly sit there and say I am eating purely extra easy, because I am not.

Funnily enough though, since I started really doing red days seriously, my carb cravings have all but gone, and if one does pop up, I can fix it quite easily with a fibre plus or an alpen light.

Weird how we start to lose interest in the things that were so much totally the focus of our lives before.

I have found that I have much better losses with red, and it makes sense to me because when I have been comfort eating in the past, it is always carbs that I have craved, and I have put SERIOUS amounts of weight on through binging on carbs. I cannot honestly sit there and say I am eating purely extra easy, because I am not.

Funnily enough though, since I started really doing red days seriously, my carb cravings have all but gone, and if one does pop up, I can fix it quite easily with a fibre plus or an alpen light.

Weird how we start to lose interest in the things that were so much totally the focus of our lives before.
Thanks for that, I'm glad to hear it because I really enjoyed my red days last week and am hoping that my weight loss will at last kick in :)

I just joined the online one - fortunately I already had a little knowledge cos I bought some Slimming World books from ebay.

If I hadn't I wouldnt have known about the green and red days cos I have had to search the website for 2 days to find them!

I too am not interested in the EE - the green plan is my plan of choice. :)

Back