Raquel's daily diary.......my new life starts here!

aussieraquel

loving minimins!
Hi everyone,

I am excited to be starting a maintenance diary and I have realised I really need something that I can be accountable for...to keep me on track.

A bit about my cd journey so far....
I'm 25 and realised after christmas that my weight and binges were starting to become out of control. I decided to take control and look for a program in the UK that suited me. I had been on diet after diet back in Australia, and found they would work in the short term, but I would put the weight lost back on in time.

So after some searching I found CD, suited my budget, was easy preparation wise (just need to grab a shake) and was said to have good results.

So I made my first appointment to see my CDC and started 2nd Feb this year. Since then I have lost 38.5lbs and have 7lbs to go to get to goal.

I feel great I must admit, clothes look good, more confident etc. But recently my CDC is getting me on maintenance and I am finding being out of ketosis hard, to the point where this week I have not had one good day so far, and binging again (literally til I make myself sick....I'm ashamed to admit it, but I need to get on track, and to name and shame my behaviour may help).

Last night was the last straw for me, after eating far too much in one short sitting (consuming easily over 1000 cals) I thought that is it, asked myself 'What am I doing to myself?' It is not as if it feels good eating it, I know how good I feel when I am looking good, so why would I jeopardise it? I still do not know the answer to that question! But what I do know is that I need to get on track and change.....this I am hoping will be the path to success, a diary, a place to get support while on maintenance.......

So ..... my journey (now the difficult part, the SS was the easy part I really believe!) starts here.....

My aim is to look in on the threads when updated and post daily how I go....I really want to stick to doing this in the good days and bad. I do not want to be another person that begins a maintenance diary, gets off track and puts all the weight back on....I want to learn the skills I need for life, good food choices, calories, etc.

So ..... so far today - not sure what plan my CDC is going to get me to do after the week I have had, so I will update that after 3 when I visit her.

Thank you to everyone who posts regularly on the maintenance thread and Jess, who suggested I pop over and visit....its great inspiration and nice to know that I am not the oly one who finds this journey hard at times.

Hi everyone,
I am excited to be starting a maintenance diary and I have realised I really need something that I can be accountable for...to keep me on track.

I feel great I must admit, clothes look good, more confident etc. But recently my CDC is getting me on maintenance and I am finding being out of ketosis hard, to the point where this week I have not had one good day so far, and binging again (literally til I make myself sick....I'm ashamed to admit it, but I need to get on track, and to name and shame my behaviour may help).

So ..... my journey (now the difficult part, the SS was the easy part I really believe!) starts here.....

Thank you to everyone who posts regularly on the maintenance thread and Jess, who suggested I pop over and visit....its great inspiration and nice to know that I am not the oly one who finds this journey hard at times.

Welcome Raquel to this new sub-forum.
For me the work only began after reaching goal weight. Found diet easy and felt fantastic as the weight disappeared.
Now i eat so much more healthily and am aware of portion size. I try to keep my "naughties" to the weekend, rather than the previous alcohol everyday and nibbles at my leisure. It's no surprise how the weight crept on, but only aware of that, since doing CD. Good luck in your maintenance and keep popping back to update and see if that helps keep you on track.

Thanks for the well wishes nibbles. Day 1 of 810calories so far so good. I went to my cdc and she said to do 810 as my first official step to maintenance. We discussed the reasons why I went toward food and I feel a lot more aware of my triggers and why I do it. I am really looking forward to how 810 goes. So far today. morning- 1 litre of water and coffee. lunch- shake and 500mls water. afternoon- coffee and shake. dinner- lettuce, cucumber, mushroom, with half portion me tuna and cottage cheese. 500mls water. later tonight I plan to have a frozen choc tetra and a tea or decaf coffee with some more water. have only had a bit of milk, I dont like it in my coffee anymore. Wondering if I can have a yogurt instead, off to check the board. Til tomorrow xox.

Another day of totally 810, no picking or straying and I feel good, im not saying the temptation was not there, cos it was, but now I am more aware that it is my emotions talking /Todays was boredom and wanting to do anything but work/. Anyway, had a good day. Did not consume enough water, but oh well, I will gradually get back used to that. So today- I had my 2 shakes, coffee, tea, water, chicken with veg and little cottage cheese and in an hour or so will have my frozen choc tetra. Yum. Thanks for the encouragement laura. Also, just to add, sorry if my posts are hard 2 read, I have no net and am doing off my phone, I cant space anything!

Another good day yesterday and I survived day 3 with again no picking or straying. Work and stress are seeming to be my trigger points. I was told yet again something else they want to dump on my workload, and I calmed myself, told myself I DO NOT CAREand Are determined to not let things get to me so easily, cos no guessing what I would do then. Binge til I felt sick. So eating wise all was good and thanks to lelly's reply to my thread about alternatives to milk I enjoyed some low eat greek yogurt and it was devine! Hoping for a good day im all areas of life today!

Glad you've had a good few days food wise, hope it's gone well today for you.

Isn't fat free Greek yoghurt just the best...mmmm :drool:

Serena I used to hate the stuff and think it tasted sour, now my tastebuds are more aware I think it tastes yum and I do feel I am being a bit naughty! Day 4 was good, I went to pick at oh's dinner but put fork down :) bit proud. I am finding water hard to consume again still and going loo a lot. Im a teacher so needing to go is not always ideal. I hopefully get my reports finished today so I can have a work free night tonight! So... Day 5, bring it on! Im feeling strong :)

Hi there! Sorry i'm a bit late in welcoming you to the maintenance bit! :D
Looks like you are doing really well on the 810 programme and starting a diary and logging your daily bits n bobs really helps i think! Good luck with those last few lbs they are the slowest but worth the wait as you slowly move up the plans.:D

Well on the fork control, it's so easy to pick isn't it I find I need extra special control not to finish the kids dinners off, but i keep reminding myself that i have eaten thereore i am not hungry and my actions are automatic memories of the old me, that ususally does the trick!;)

Glad you enjoyed the yoghurt tip too, i eat them almost everyday, i love them!

Hope you have a great day!

x

Hi Raquel, good to see you here! I am in Aus just now so will say hi to it for you!!! I think the diary is a fab idea, it really helped me. You know what you want and the CD steps really will help you to get there, so hang on and enjoy 810... and keep posting!

xxx

Agh..such a crappy day at work today I lost my self control :( I know now my trigger is def work. I wont go into too much detail, but at the same time I want to be honest and record everything, the good and the bad! So, I was doing so well, I got to about 6pm them I had some crappy news regarding work and turned to choc and dried fruit, even went to supermarket to get, so strangely enough I knew what I was doing but still didnt stop! Anyway,I guess this is all the roller coaster we call maintenance right? Part of the learning curve. I am glad I now know what triggers are, now only if I can figure out how to stop it. Off to check other posts.

Agh... Day was worse that yesterday , cd? Whats cd... Must have been what my mind was thinking... Eating wise, not even gonna go there, was not good. I need to toughen up basically, and just say no. Today my plan is REALLY to get back on track, no caving in, or pussy footing around and no more feeling sorry for myself about work. thats what it is you know. self pity about how hard i work, then i turn to food cos t.hat has always been used as way to make feel better or a reward. this morning i wrote on my left hand 'think goal' and my other hand 'h20 100percent' so maybe I will stop myself if I go to eat. Anything is worth a try at the moment I feel. So here is to getting through today without caving! Lets see ...

Sorry to hear you had a bad day.

You know sometimes I think we try and force ourselves into trying to do something, and that makes us rebel. I'm trying to do things 'calmly.' LOL I'm not a calm person.

However I was reading an inner child article and the article talked about trying to relax and stay calm. I noticed yesterday how tense I get when I try to force myself to do something.... Just a thought :)

In a cab on way to airport. Looking forward to trip and break from work. I think it will give me a good chance to sit back and reflect on what I want, and remind myself. Anyway, wont cd posting for a week xox.

Have fab trip Raquel, and good luck. Hugs.

xxx

Well I am back! After a week of being away and a few weeks of not doing cd to the book i have put on :( I knew what i was doing when I was eating though, not like I can say I was 100% how can I have put on! Oh well, back on the wagon - as they say

Egypt was just lovely, and had the best time, saw the sights, relaxed, soaked up the sun (even got a lil burnt!) . Food was an issue as stomach bugs are always getting pickd up by tourists due to them rinsing, cooking with their water which is not safe to drink. I was sick for a day or so and had to steer clear of food like salad and fruit, which meant upping my carbs - giving me more challenges of temptation after that. I had my good and bad days while away, yeah, I am a bit bummed that I am a little further from goal than I was, but its all part of this process of maintenance I guess.

This is the challenging part for sure!

Back