Raw chicken advice!

bmthsue

I've just realised that the chicken in my fridge that I was planning on using tonight had an expiry date of 26th May! Does anyone know if it will be ok to use?

Thanks!

Smell it and if you can smell any sort of an odour bin it, tbh if it was me I would just bin it but thats cos Im a wuss with a weak stomach who pukes at the smell of slightly soured milk!!!

If its a 'use by' date - definitely bin it. You can really only risk it with 'best before' dates and as far as I know meat always has a 'use by' date/

Defo bin it if it, Esp chicken I've had food poisoning from chicken wouldn't wish it on my worst enermy x

Give it a sniff... Manufacturers put dates on things that give them extra time to be safe! My dad used to work for wise and and said you really can get an extra 4 days or so on milk x

my mam always said, use ur nose and sight. if it looks and smells alright it should be fine =]

You'll be able to smell it if it's off, it's a horrible smell! But probably best to be safe and throw it if you're not used to doing the smell-test on your food!

Back