Re-feeding soon

JACSFAT

Hey Guys,

I'm re-feeding in 5 days time and was wondering if anyone else is re-feeding at the same time??!!! I would love a re-feed buddy as I'm really a little scared that once I taste food I'll be back to square one!

Help!!

I'm going through my trial pack of exante and S&S first so that'll be 2 weeks away.

I'll be following your progress with interest though.

Anything you learn/tips please post!

This is the bit I slip up on.

Good luck :)

I'm on day four of refeed after eleven weeks of Tfr and am enjoying the taste of food again. I'm being as vigilant as I can and haven't found it too bad. I have told myself that biscuits and such like are going to be a no no long term but am really enjoying the salads with low dressings and have learnt that you don't need fat for taste. I was really hungry there as had lunch at twelve thirty and dinner isn't till six thirty. After walking three miles I had some cooked chicken instead of the usual bread or biscuits. I know this is cheating but hope it is the lesser of two evils. Good luck with your refeed week and I'll keep checking in to give you any advice I can. There doesn't seem to be many using this part of the forum xx

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

It's a shame not more people use this as I think it's the most important bit.

I've lost weight on LT before but often put some back on - I don't want to yoyo my entire life - I want to stay put!

I am going to come off in a couple of weeks and try to maintain for 3 months. Then think about losing more.

Thanks for the reply guys, yes it is a shame people don't use this part I agree the challenge for me will be to keep it off! I'm feeling positive though as I never ever want to get big again. I'll be doing my weeks shop on Sunday, so I'll be buying plenty of chicken and salad stuff. I'm going to try and lose the last couple of stone healthy eating but if it's not coming off then I'll join SW.
Good luck to you all xx

I tried WW last year for 2-3 months. I lost about 5lbs... :(

I did WW for about 10 yrs, I went from 13st12lbs to 10st10lbs on WW when I got married. But then had a couple of years off and it crept back on plus another 2st. I finished WW in January because I wasn't motivated anymore, I used to cheat all weekend then be good in the week so I never really lost much the odd lbs then I'd put it back on :( That's why I'm loving LT!! I'm so happy to be in a size 14 and I know I never want to put it back on so I think that is going to spur me on to maintain and hopefully lose more :) xx

How you getting on with your re-feed hun? Hopefully going well for you, have you lost, gained or maintained this week? xx

Refeed was going well until today I have discovered how easy it is to slip up I ate three Pringles today and am feeling guilty.

I don't think 3 pringles will hurt that much?
Just don't eat the other 30 in the packet tomorrow!

Keep going! You're leading the way - I'll follow in a couple of weeks! You and Jacs are my role models now so you HAVE to do it. :p

I know three pringles isnt the end of the world but I'm finding it hard not to become obsessed with it all can't wait till Tuesday to get back to the point system where nothing is taboo. I won't know till then if I have lost anything but I'm not expecting to. I think that is going to be hard not seeing the results as fast anymore. I am just going to have to be patient and make sure all my hard work hasn't been in vain. Good luck with your refeed xxxx

Good luck all on your refeed week. It is great to have gotten through TFR but the serious work starts now!
Maintaining your losses is achievable if:
You have changed your attitude to food.
Eat for sustenance not comfort!
Follow a plan you had success with before and which suits your lifestyle.
Watch portion sizes. We really need small amounts to be healthy.
Keep up your water intake.
Find an activity you enjoy and do it at least three times a week.

When you finish refeed, it might help you to start a diary in the maintenance section. If you diary your intake for a few weeks you will soon see whether you are eating enough, too much, right or wrong foods etc.
Good luck everyone.

Oh no damn them Pringles, but well done for only having three. I'm a 'once you pop, I can't stop' kinda girl! What plan are you following as of Tuesday?

I've done my shopping and have plenty of chicken and green veg, I'm really looking forward to tasting food again its been a long 8 weeks! Actually I think its gone really quick and I'm so happy with my result, I only wish I could continue for a little longer to get to my goal but hey ho I'll get there...it just won't be as quick!

Thanks for the great advice, I know deep down that my portions were to big and I didn't move unless I had to.....my attiude has defo changed so I truely believe I can do this. I'm sure there will be times when I have a big blow out, but I will make up for it by running a little bit extra.

So I'll let you know I how I get on tomorrow. I'm thinking of having my chicken salad for my lunch rather then at teatime....does anyone know if this is ok? I don't want to exercise on a full tum in the evening :)

I don't think it matters when you eat. I think lunch will be better as you will have more time to digest it. I'm starting ww as of tomorrow morning Im looking forward to it as I'm looking forward to fruit again, to be honest I had a small orange and half a banana today. I'm walking every day and still think I have gained this week so I'm looking forward to a different plan and hopefully I'll still lose I have to expect a small gain but I don't want to become obsessed. Good luck with your refeed I'll let you know how I get on on my last weigh in x

Yep that's what I thought about eating at lunchtime, so that's that then chicken salad for lunch tomorrow!!
Good luck with WW, it is good if you stick at it and don't cheat like me! You don't have to cheat now they've got a new plan out where you get our daily points then an extra 49 a week! xx

I did WW - never used my weekly points only my daily. I lost 5 lousy lbs in 3 months...

Day 1 Re-feed!!!
I had a chocolate LT mousse for breakfast
Lunch was chicken salad with a little balsamic!!! I felt really emotional preparing it this morning, not sure why :confused: but it was lovely at lunchtime. I think I made to much and couldn't finish it all, I've been imagining the size of my stomach now so I won't over eat (fingers crossed).
It felt so weird chewing and having food stuck in my teeth! I've drank about 3lts of water all ready today, I've been really thirsty. I've also had a peppermint tea because my stomach felt like it needed settling, probs a massive shock having food to digest!
So I'll have a vanilla shake tonight after I've done 30mins on the treadmill and prepared tomorrows lunch!

Hope you guys are all good, how did you get on at WW today?

xx

You may feel very bloated for a few days but it will pass. Your tummy will soon get used to solids again.

I'm sitting here smiling for you. You must be really happy to be on the refeed.

Are you weighing out portions of food? I'm not sure I'll be able to leave anything on my plate but 've noticed a lot of you starting refeeding are getting full before you've finished. Maybe I will too.

Was your chocolate mousse a maintenance product or did you make it up from the TFR shakes? I couldn't stomach the shakes as mousse.

How did you cook your chicken? Did you just slap it in the oven or did you put something on it? I assume it was a breast with no skin on it?

Sorry for all the questions and enjoy your food. :)

Back