Re-reading my books and mags (already!)

sparty

Gold Member
I found that I stormed the first week back on plan (lost 5.5lb) but have already started slipping this week and I want to nip it in the bud pronto

I had a funeral on Monday and slipped on syns for wine but not that badly. Then a couple extra one night when I was out with a friend. I still felt in control despite this but last night I went to the cinema and felt so sick that I nearly passed out. So I had some hifi bars which I shouldn't have as I had used my healthy extras already.

Now I find myself looking back at a really bad week and wishing that I hadn't made that first slip up. I guess it's taught me a lesson but I really want to claw this week back as much as possible before WI on Wednesday.

I'm reading my magazines again for ideas and motivation but I only have two!! Any tips/ tough words or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Your slip ups don't seem too bad to me - it was a difficult week and if your biggest sin (syn?) was some wine and an extra hifi bar or two then I wouldn't worry too much. Rightly, you've decided to commit to being 100 per cent for the rest of the week, recognise your error and move on. The worry is when you say 'sod it', write the week off and continue to be bad, go off plan and see a gain!

So my advice would be recognise it might have a little impact on your weigh in (though hopefully not too much on week two!), be super good for the rest of the week and see if you can keep your syns to 5 a day (or as low as you can), eat lots of superfree food until Wednesday then commit to a great week three, 100% on plan for a week. If you STS on weigh on day this week, you'll have maintained an amazing loss from last week and lost almost 3lb a week since being back on plan - above average, especially good as you haven't got that much to lose. If you can pull it back and see a little loss, that'd be a brilliant result after what sounds like a difficult week with the funeral etc.

Let us know what happens on Wednesday!

Thank you cheery (apt username btw)

I guess I'm hard on myself because I know my journey is shorter than a lot of people and I feel like if people can lose 6/7/8 stone then I should be able to lose a few pounds. I feel so in awe of how people can make such dramatic changes to their life that I owe it to them and SW to really try (if that makes sense)

Plus I tend to go up and down a lot - it's just this time I stopped it earlier than usual and I want to maintain a healthy way of living. Yoyoing is not good for you.

But you are right - strict for the next few days and then 100% next week to try to get a other lb or two off!!

Thanks for the pep talk :)

Anytime :)

And in terms of your journey being different to others as you have less to lose, I don't think it makes it any less difficult. There was a woman who used to come to a Slimming World class I went to for a few months trying to lose a stone and a half after having a baby. She lost half a pound, gained one, lost two, gained one, lost 1 1/2, it was a nightmare for her as she swore that apart from the odd slip up, she was sticking to the plan. Everyone there could see how difficult it was for her.

After three months, though, she'd lost 1 stone 4lbs in total (an average of just over pound a week) and in her final week before target she Success Expressed 100% every day and lost 4lb! She kept coming and a few months later she was still following the same cycle of losing half a pound, gaining one, losing one and a half etc - but staying on or within a pound or two or her target. It was a really difficult journey, but she got to and remained at a weight that she was happy with eventually - so please don't think that just because you only have a few pounds to lose that it makes it any easier (or any shorter a journey for that matter!)

The last few pounds are the hardest and, as it sounds like you know, the maintenance is the biggest challenge of all!

You've hardly slipped up at all Nd sometimes life does get in the way - make sure you're extra good tomorrow and Tuesday Snd by Wednesday you'll be fine - last week was my daughters birthday on Tuesday and we went to a cafe where I had a Brie sandwich a cappucino and a mouthful of cake - missed dinner as I wasn't hungry and behaved myself Wednesday and I list 3.5 on Thursday x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back