Step 1 Sole Source Re-Start.. for the final time!

Hannahlouise92

Well, i'm back again!

So, I started on Cambridge back in April as i wanted to shift some weight before my holiday. The previous year, on holiday, i felt awful. Nothing fit me and it ruined my holiday to be quite honest. I stayed covered up in the shade for most of it!! I don't know what took me so long before i started to do something about it but I now know that "i'll start it tomorrow" really isn't the right attitude!!

The last time i did cambridge earlier in the year, my boyfirend did it with me. I went from 13stone2 to 10stone13 (weight loss of 2stone4lbs) and i felt great, I found it was easy becasue i had someone there to support me and do it with me. Then the inevitable happend! I went on holiday, all inclusive, and I ate and drank my way back up 10 lbs in 2 weeks! After that I didn't really feel I had the motivation to start again as I didn't really have anything to do it for. I had loads of products left so I decided to start again on my own to slim down for my 21st.. That didn't go well! I think i lasted about a day and then stuffed my face to make up for the food i would have eaten anyway haha.

So here I am, going it alone this time. My start weight was 12 stone 6. I started again on 30/10/13 and have set myself a goal of 9 stone. I would be over the moon if i could get down to that before christmas but I don't really know if that is a realistic goal. I'm just going to take each day as it comes and see what i can get down to by the 24th December, then try not to put it all back on over christmas. My plan is to let myself have the day off on christmas day and boxing day (you can't stick to sole source when you have a hangover!!) and then new years eve and new years day. I want to look good on christmas photos this year and not be 'the fat one'.

Minimins really helped me stay on track last time and this time i'm more motivated than ever!! Please feel free to let me know how you're all getting on and if anyone would like to buddy up with me and do the CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE together than feel free.. I have put my BBM pin on my profile so if anyone wants to message me on there please feel free to do that as well!

Good luck to everyone on this diet! It really is mind over matter. Keep calm and keep drinking that water!!
Hannah xx

Im back second time round. I joined in august but been having blips along the ways..partys bdays etc.. ive managed to lose 1.5 stone..still need to lose quiet a bit. The support on here is great. Just hope i stay motivated

keep going, we will get there in the end! how is your day going? ive just been for my weigh in and lost another 4lbs.. taking my total up to 9lbs in just over a week. im not over the moon about it as the last time i lost 12lbs in the first week but a loss is a loss! My CDC said its becasue i don't have that much to lose, but as i get nearer to goal it takes my motivation away and i think oh well ive nearly lost all my weight i can have this and this and this and then the plan goes out the window and the weight creeps back on!! just need to keep motivated till at least the end of november and hope ive lost another stone by then!!
Hannah xx

9lbs is brilliant..what are u moaning abt woman..lol. Weight loss can vary depending on how much u need to lose. The bigger u are the bigger the first few weight losses. But dont be sad abt it..9lbs is over half a stone..you will get to ur goal in no time. Well done you.

I know, I don't know why I was disappointed. I've
Made myself a little chart for pounds lost and pounds to lose and 9lbs has made a good dent in it!! X

Hi Hannah

I'm back on the Cambridge train, today I'm doing SS day 1 after about a 5 month break (where I lost nearly 20 kilos and was only 3kgs from my target weight, I really could kick myself for stopping then and going crazy & eating drinking everything I wanted! Anyway I've now put over a third on of what I lost. Planning to come onto this forum for motivation as lately every day has been first SS tried and failed day 1 for me and I'm hating myself for it! So it has to be today, it's now or never.

Hopefully we can come SS buddies -Really need the motivation to get over the killer first week, esp when most of my friends are do negative about Cambridge.
Stay in touch
Cat

I'm also a re -starter -on day 1 today. I did really well 2 1/2 years ago dropping 4 stone. I have re-gained a 2 stone - l could make 101% excuses, but the reason is simple - I over indulged & didn't cap it soon enough.

I had just dipped into the green BMI (looked good) & now just creeping back into the red zone (obese) I need to well get back into the green this time!!! I need to drop 2stone to continue with my beloved hobby -riding.

I had found myself making excuses delaying restarting, always after some social event... But it will always be someone's birthday / work function / drinks after work / national cake day????? .. ... ... So now I have decided to GET ON WITH IT -a metal kick!!

We all know ONCE you are in the zone & the weight starts falling off it gets easier :) My big hurdles are the first 3-4 days - then getting through the first weekend (most people start on a Monday) and then the 2week breaker! After that stage I found it easier last time? Did anyone else find this??

Eating at the correct times also made a huge difference!! And one cup of coffee with a splash of milk a day at 3:30pm!! So not SS but as much as SS+ I found the 3:30pm wall to be a biggest challenge.

Hi Mac 123

Yeah it's getting back into the zone that is do hard! Once we are there it will feel easier - I'm trying to stay strong as over theist few months I've buckled and been so weak, whereas before I had a willpowerof steel! I'm planning to be on this forum as much as possible to keep myself hanging in there!

How is your first day going so far? I've been 100% good so far - buying only half way through at this point ;)

Oh good luck guys!!!! And good on you for not giving up on yourselves and clambering back on the wagon until it stuck :)

Yes, the first week is always murder, but grit your teeth and growl at those temptations to eff off.... It sounds crazy but it works..... come on in, the water's fine :D

I'm looking forward to keeping up with your successes x

Thank you all.
I think also the danger with the re-start is the naughty little voice telling you "how easy it was last time so don't worry you can start tomorrow / Another day / a slip-up won't hurt!!"" Of course we all KNOW the reality is YES it does & thats why I & some of the rest of us are now flighting a larger batter than we needed to be.

Embarking on Day 2... Feeling Positive - still kicking myself but no use crying over spilt milk! Onwards & weightloss!!

Yes Mac, that's so true! I dismiss the fact that I'm giving into temptation and the little voice in my head tells me that its ok to eat, that Cambridge is easy, I did it once ill do it again - after this one last treat, then I have whatever it was I was tempted by, then think 'my day's ruined now I may as well just enjoy eating the rest of the day'! It's crazy the way our minds work isn't it!

Bev, I will try and tell the temptations to feck off from now on! Lol, hopefully it will work until my willpower muscle builds back up x

Well done Mac! How are you feeling?

I'm just about done day 3! Though the thought of the weekend ahead of me with just shakes is really getting me down! Know ill get through it though x

Hi all :) Well done restarting and hope your'e doing well. I restarted yesterday. It's years since I did cambridge last but need to get my head in gear after gaining 2 stone this year. I'm fluctuating far too much for my liking.

Look forward to seeing you around. :) Keep up the great work!!

Back