Re-Start on Diet

Lovemusic

I am yet again restating on the Cambridge Diet and after quite a few failures at the diet I thought I would post on the board to see if anyone had any tips or advice on actually sticking to the diet.

I have managed to lose 2 stone on the diet before but started to eat again and couldn't stop so the 2 stone went back on.

Any advice or support would be appreciated - I am determined to be able to fit back into my size 12 clothes again!

Water, water and more water :D

And once you get to target, listen to Paul McKenna and see if that can change your eating habits. Also try and think about why you eat so much when you finish a diet, is it emotional, boredom or something else. If you can get to the root of that then you may be able to change your habits for good ;)

you have done it before and succeeded, go through the before and after piccies to give you inspiration.

ah paul mckenna, got his book and cd so might let him hypnotise me to keep me on the straight and narrow, thanks hopeful.

you have to stay strong, ask youself what do you want more? you have done it before surely you can do it again? Come on here when things get tough, go for a walk/drive to take you mind of it. You can do it.drink lots of water, look at the slide show on here

becky xx

I find the Paul McKenna cd good for putting me in a positive frame of mind!

When I did it, I usually fell asleep to it, but I do think that it still made me feel better about myself and so more likely to eat better!
I'm sure its not for everyone though.

When I did it, I usually fell asleep to it, but I do think that it still made me feel better about myself and so more likely to eat better!
I'm sure its not for everyone though.

Lots of people are finding it really useful, so I think it must just be me. I just wish that I could find something that did help me with my motivation because I am struggling with it every day.

Thanks for all of your advice, managing to stick to it at the moment, just keep thinking I want to lose weight more than I want to eat - I also want to look nice for my other half

I restarted yesterday. Managed to lose 4 stone at first attempt (with small break for Christmas), then went back on to food at Easter and didn't control what I ate and have put almost 2 back on. Decided I am going to have to nail it this time. Will have to update my tracker but I now have 4 stone to go and then I'll be happy. Also have the Paul McKenna so might start trying that too.

I found a lot of support in forums last time and hoping will do so again this time.

Paul Mckenna can definitely make you reassess how you look at food and makes you look at your behaviour more to see whether you are actually hungry or if it is something else.

I actually found his CD very relaxing and it has still stuck with me. I will definitely be listening to his CD again (and reading the book) in preparation for starting to eat again :D

Back