Reaching target

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
I have had several people PM me asking what did I mean by slow losses and what was the worse period of losses before I reached target this week. I have now included my losses per month at the bottom of my signature and you can see what I mean by slow lol xx

Over a year to loose 2 stone, wow congratulations on keeping on going!

Determined lady! Well done xx

I have had several people PM me asking what did I mean by slow losses and what was the worse period of losses before I reached target this week. I have now included my losses per month at the bottom of my signature and you can see what I mean by slow lol xx

Hi Rosie, long time no chat!! I hope all is well and you are feeling on top of the world at target!! I just want to say that you are very very inspiring for the following reasons:-

- You have done it slowly and steadily so your body has adapted gradually to change.
-By doing it slowly you have changed your habits long-term.
-You have never given up even when you've been having a very frustrating time of it and have tried alternative ways to lose.
-You have always kept your target in mind and as a result have got there!
-By doing these things and having such an outlook you are very inspiring to other people on here who get frustrated because you're absolute proof that slow and steady wins the race and it's all about time, patience and changing habits for good! I would much rather look to you as a positive example, rather than someone who treats it as a race and loses at breakneck speed only to fall off the wagon because they couldn't sustain it!

People, use Brighton Rosie as your role model! She's definitely one of mine in this field!!X

I think you have done brilliant BrightenRosie. As someone else said, it doesnt matter how long it takes to get to goal or how slow your weight loss. The main thing is you DID IT!!!. So well done.

What people have to realise is, losing weight is not a game or a race. Set yourself small goals and they will be much more achievable in the long run.

I still remember when you were struggling and especially when you reached that plateau and how you were still determined to get there in the end. Well done on your perserverance!

Whooohooo!! I knew you would do it!
Congrats and hugs.. I am so happy for you :):):)

Hi Rosie, long time no chat!! I hope all is well and you are feeling on top of the world at target!! I just want to say that you are very very inspiring for the following reasons:-

- You have done it slowly and steadily so your body has adapted gradually to change.
-By doing it slowly you have changed your habits long-term.
-You have never given up even when you've been having a very frustrating time of it and have tried alternative ways to lose.
-You have always kept your target in mind and as a result have got there!
-By doing these things and having such an outlook you are very inspiring to other people on here who get frustrated because you're absolute proof that slow and steady wins the race and it's all about time, patience and changing habits for good! I would much rather look to you as a positive example, rather than someone who treats it as a race and loses at breakneck speed only to fall off the wagon because they couldn't sustain it!

People, use Brighton Rosie as your role model! She's definitely one of mine in this field!!X

I think anyone who reaches target by following the plan is a great role model.

I dont see anything wrong with faster losses as long as the plan is being followed. Those combining body magic with food optimising (and image therapy) are perhaps going to lose weight faster and I think their losses and journey are just as inspirational.

I think anyone who reaches target by following the plan is a great role model.

I dont see anything wrong with faster losses as long as the plan is being followed. Those combining body magic with food optimising (and image therapy) are perhaps going to lose weight faster and I think their losses and journey are just as inspirational.

Sorry, I didn't mean to cause any offense with that statement. I was just supporting and commending Rosie because she has been here since I joined the forum in October and has been a great support to me and someone I've always admired for being so determined and focussed despite finding it tough and slow. I am the first to admire and congratulate anyone who follows the plan whether their losses are big or small, (and also when people don't lose but keep a positive attitude) and if people can sustain their target weight having changed their approach to food/exercise for life, then they've acheived what we're all striving for! Please don't think I'm putting down people who manage to lose quickly!! My comment that you highlighted was by no means making a statement that everyone who loses quickly will end up putting it back on again!! I'm just saying that it doesn't make slow losers any less successful than fast ones that's all! I'm someone who does lots of body magic and have stuck to plan 100% for the majority of the 40 weeks I've been at it but it hasn't happened quickly for me at all! I have seen a lot of people on this forum giving up because they are putting 100% effort in and they're not seeing the results as quickly as they'd like and I just don't want people who do find it a slow process to get disheartened because it's not a race and it really doesn't matter how long it takes us! I really do see Rosie and Cocktail Princess (who has lost 7 1/2 stone over about 2 years- 1lb per week) as fab role models, both in their personal acheivements and in their attitudes and support of others! XXX

babybuffy84's comment below underlines everything I'm trying to say!XXX

No hard feelings, just wanted to clarify what I was getting at, and I'm rooting for you to get your 2lb loss ?tonight which will make you the winner of the Kool4Skool 8 in 8 challenge! Yayy!XXX

Last edited:
Wow thanks rosie for your post and posting your losses i find this very inspirational as i have been at slimming world for 8 months now and have lost 25.5lbs i find it very hard some weeks when i know that i only lost half a pound and worked my butt of doing body magic and sticking to plan.sometimes i feel that i will never get there but thnks to your post i know that i will get there i have the motivation to do it.Congratulations on reaching your target !!! you are definately my inspiration for a slow looser like me :)

BR- I must have missed the post to say you got to target- massively, huge, tremendous congratulations to you

Your determination, strength and adaptability are a real inspiration- a sure sign of lasting success.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Claire, how are you hun? OMG just seen your 4lb to go!! Not long to go now, how's the gym work going? Whoops, sorry to hijack your thread Rosie, I'll go and talk to CP somewhere else!!XXXX

i love the saying - a dripping tap, still fills the bucket....no matter how fast or slow it drips.

(just getting the thread back on track girls!!! tut tut!)

I average out to 1.2lbs loss per week....and know i will do it this time, i have done quick fix diets before, and ended up back at square one - and some extra!!!! :) i love SW cos im learning new habits, how to cook and i can see myself eating this way forever more.

Love it! xxx

No hard feelings, just wanted to clarify what I was getting at, and I'm rooting for you to get your 2lb loss ?tonight which will make you the winner of the Kool4Skool 8 in 8 challenge! Yayy!XXX

No offence taken at all :). Some people who lose quickly find it a bit embarressing but aside from self sabotage there is not a lot they can do!

As for me and kool for skool, I'll be staying in detention as after my wild(ish) hen weekend, I'll be certainly putting on this week. The question is....just how many pounds can a huge number of mud slides and del boy cocktails weigh? I'm reckoning 3 or 4.:D Back on track now though so will hopefully lose whatever I have gained by next week.

No offence taken at all :). Some people who lose quickly find it a bit embarressing but aside from self sabotage there is not a lot they can do!

As for me and kool for skool, I'll be staying in detention as after my wild(ish) hen weekend, I'll be certainly putting on this week. The question is....just how many pounds can a huge number of mud slides and del boy cocktails weigh? I'm reckoning 3 or 4.:D Back on track now though so will hopefully lose whatever I have gained by next week.

Embarrassing to lose quickly?! I'd be over the moon if I was eating tons of yummy food, not feeling at all deprived and still having big losses!! It's when people deprive themselves/go hungry/burn themselves out with exercise to get big losses that it's a concern!!

Anyway, sounds like you had a great time on the hen weekend! I've never tried a Del Boy cocktail OR a Mudslide, but they both sound very naughty but very fun!! It may not be as bad as you think and even if it is you've done amazingly well so far anyway!! And you have the attitude completely right! These things can be undone very quickly so they may as well be enjoyed at the time!XXX

Back