Step 1 Sole Source Ready for a new me!

Hi everyone. This is my first post! I'll give a bit of background info... my friend has just completed her 12 weeks on SS and lost an amazing 4 stone! Having been a bigger girl since I was around 11 years old and never really doing it anything about it, she spurred me on to finally make some changes.

In January I weighed 20st exactly and this was when I decided to stop drinking Coke. I lost about 8lbs just from doing that. Then roughly a month ago I decided to try a 7 day juice detox/diet. This entailed of 5 juices a day. I ended up cheating a few times in that 7 days and so I lost 6lbs but went back up about 3 as the food I was eating wasn't exactly healthy. At the end of that 7 days I weighed 19st 3lbs. I went back to food for a couple of days and then thought... right, I've seen that I can lose weight doing these juices, I want to start again for another 7 days and do it 100%. And so I did, I started the next morning. I did 7 days and didn't cheat once. I went from 19st 3lbs to 18st 9lbs. I then ate healthy food and exercised for a week and maintained that weight. The second week... went all to pot... takeaways, crap food... I went back up to 18st 12lbs.

At the beginning of the second week my mum and I contacted a Cambridge Consultant but had to wait from Monday til Friday for our appointment. This was 2 days ago. I weighed in at 19st 5lbs on her scales, a whole 7lbs more than mine! But I expected that as all scales differ. I'm using this as my start weight and am going to try my best to not weigh myself at home. I'm on Step 1 Sole Source and I have Chocolate, Chocolate Mint and Chocolate Orange shakes. I'm not overly keen on the orange one so I think I'm gonna swap that next week. I feel absolutely fine so far, no headaches or tiredness etc. but tonight I do feel very hungry. (I still have my last shake to have.) I have a water app on my iPhone so I am keeping track of that too.

I have my 1 week weigh in on Friday so hopefully I see a good weight loss! xx

Last edited:
Hi Samantha,
sounds like your really determined this time! The sole source can be really hard but it's so worth it from the results I've been hearing. 4stone in 12 weeks is incredible, how much did she weigh to begin? I find drinking a big glass of water really fast gets rid of my hunger by just filling my stomach right up.
my diary is just in the general weight loss diaries forum and called Cambridge for Christmas so feel free to have a read! I love reading other people's!
first weigh in for me tomorrow so really looking forward to posting a loss!

Molly xxx

Hi Molly, I really am! I'm only 24 and I think it's a good time to get on track. I have no health issues or anything but I know if I keep going the way I am I will have in the future.

I'm not sure how much my friend weighed. But, she was a size UK 14/16 and has just jetted off to America with a suitcase full of size 10's! Super jealous! But she looks amazing. She's definitely been my inspiration. :)

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow! xxx

Well today is day 3 and I am feeling a lot better this morning. Hunger pains have gone. I took myself off to bed at 9.30 last night to try and sleep because I couldn't stand the pain. After my last shake of the day at 8pm my stomach stopped rumbling and crying out for food but then just felt so empty. Not a great nights sleep, didn't doze off until 4am!!!

My lovely consultant text me this morning to see how I was getting on and to let me know she's there if I need anything so that's very reassuring.

One shake down, 2 to go!

xxx

Size 10's mmmmm I think I was 14 the last time I wore a size 10! That would be fantastic! I'm a big 16 at the moment so that makes it sound do-able to me!
Ye I'm only 22 but really let it get out of control, I used to be really fit as a young teenager and then stopped execersing and didn't really notice it all creep on!

Its great you have such a nice consultant makes all the difference!
Hope you get a better sleep tonight, that sounds horrible last night!
Molly xxx

I don't ever remember being a size 10! Haha. I remember when I was about 12 I was in a size 14 which is shocking. And I thought that was big!!! Obviously for my age it was but I would kill to be a size 14 now. I'm a 22 but it all depends on the clothing I have some size 18 things that fit just fine, but I'm bigger on my bottom half. My hips are 15 1/2 inches bigger than my waist!

Horrible sleep again last night :( Got to sleep earlier but I was tossing and turning all night, was aching when I woke up but I'm okay now :)

It's definitely getting easier! And as weird as it sounds because it's only day 4, I'm sure my trousers are feeling looser around my legs! Although I could well be just imagining that lol

xxx

Well I am coming to the end of day 6 already! I can't believe how fast this week has gone. One more shake today. :)

Super excited for tomorrow, I have my first weigh in!!! My appointment is 11.45am, and as I have my first shake of the day around 11/12ish, I'm going to have it after and not drink any water beforehand either so it doesn't increase my weight any.

So far finding it very easy. I have been 100%. I've not eaten anything even though there has been glorious smells of food in my house all week haha! Also had the minimum of 2.25 litres of water every day too. :)

Let's see what tomorrow brings!!!

xxx

So had my second week weigh in this afternoon. I lost 6 lbs :) that makes 1 stone 1 1/2 in 2 weeks! Not as many inches this week, I lost 7 1/4 the first, and only 1 3/4 this week but it's all a loss :)

well done samantha, thats really great! I am hoping to start cambridge soon as i am so inspired by everyones losses! x

So I haven't updated on this diary in a little while. But, I had my 4 week weigh in today (usually weigh in on Fridays). I was really expecting a 1 or 2lb loss again this week as I only lost 1 1/2lb last week. BUT!!! 5 1/2lbs!!! That brings me to 1st 8 1/2lbs in just 4 weeks. And 12 inches total. I'm really hoping I can get 5 1/2 again next week and that'll make 2st in 5 weeks. *Fingers crossed!*

I'm down exactly one clothes size on my top half. And my hips (which were just over 2 sizes bigger than my top half!) are now just over 1 size bigger. I'm definitely starting to see a difference. I've lost 2 inches from my waist so a lot of my tops and dress are really baggy under my chest, and my trousers are fitting more comfortably.

So so so happy!!! Also upped my water to 4 litres a couple of days ago so that should be helping with the losses. :)

xXx

Day 31 already! I can't believe I'm into week 5. Seems to be going so quickly. I'm having the odd meal now as well as my three shakes a day and 4 litres of water.
My consultant said the odd meal can spur on your weight loss as your body can get used to just the shakes. So far all I've had is chicken and broccoli a few times, a 2 egg omelette and mushrooms, chicken mushrooms and spring onions and tonight I had half of the chicken (so 85g instead of 170), half the cottage cheese (112g instead of 225) and broccoli and asparagus. It was sooo yummy. I absolutely love cottage cheese so that was nice anyway but it just took the edge off plain chicken with pepper on! My consultant said you can have a couple of the proteins together but to just half the amount of each.

Bring on week 5. :)

Weigh in in the morning! I'm hoping for 5 1/2lbs again this week which will make 2 stone in 5 weeks! I reckon it will be lower but as long as its close I'm not really fussed. :)

Well I lost 2lbs this week! Not a massive loss but I did lose 5 1/2 last week. Also lost another 2 inches. I'm now 3 1/2lbs away from losing 2 stone on Cambridge. Hopefully I will hit that target next week (week 6). I totally flagged on my water yesterday. I was awake from 7.30/8am and then up to get ready for weigh in... had a niggling headache ALL day and with being out and about and having my niece over to sleep I just didn't feel right. Only managed 800ml. But I'm back on it today! And to say I'm on day... 36!!! Yesterday was the ONLY day I haven't had at least 2.25litres of water. I think that's pretty good. Considering it hasn't been going down well the last few days at all, I've still forced myself to drink it all, and I'm now having 4 litres a day as well.

4lb and 3 inches off this week. Bringing me to 2 stone and 1/2 a lb in 6 weeks. Bring on the next 6 weeks is all I can say right now!!! :)

Is it just me or can anyone else not help but weigh themselves every now and again on their own scales between weigh-ins?! I've done it 2/3 times a week. But I think even though it differs slightly from my consultants… to see the weight going down just helps keep me even more motivated. On Friday I weighed 17st 4.5lbs on my consultants, today on mine, I weigh 16st 12.5!!! There is a few lbs difference there but there has been since the beginning. I'm just happy that I'm finally under 17st on mine! I was exactly 20st in January on my scales. So that means I'm 12.5lbs away from 4st with mine. I almost weigh now what I weighed when I was 16 (shocking I know… but I always remembered I weighed 16st something at that age). By the way I'm 24 now so that's 8 years ago!

My mum is also doing Cambridge with me, I think she is 3 lbs away from her 2 stone mark, if she gets that this week she's done it in 7 weeks. She's a lot smaller than me, she currently weighs 11st 8lbs. And is looking super slim!

BUT! In June I gave her a dress I bought which was a size 18. It was too small for me because I was generally a size 22, but I could get away with the odd 18… not in this dress.
A week ago we were sorting through all of her clothes and she found this dress I gave her, she'd never worn it, so she gave it back to me saying it might fit me now… and it does!!!

As of Friday, I am 1.5 inch off a size 18 on my chest and waist. It does have a little stretch as its a skater dress but it looks sooo much better than it did. I couldn't wear it as a dress because my hips are still just under a size 22 and so it has to glide over those bad boys meaning it makes it a little shorter. But I would definitely wear it with some jeans right now.

It's things like that that are keeping me going… although don't get me wrong, I've been doing this for almost 7 weeks now and I have found it extremely EASY. I know not a lot of people can say that. But, when I look at myself without clothes… I see no difference. At all. When I put on my clothes, I feel like I look a little slimmer. I've lost 17 inches in total. But just trying things on that are now almost 2 sizes too big and seeing the difference there is amazing. I've never had that feeling before, clothing has only ever gotten too small for me. Not too big. It's such an amazing feeling!!!

Looking forward to weigh in on Friday :)

Last edited:
I'm only on day 3 but reading through your diary has given me massive motivation! Your doing so well! x

Back