ready meals

jezebel

if anyone know of any ready meals for either original or green days that are free or low syns i know you should try to eat fresh but my daughter is on sw as well and has a 5 year old and a new baby , lol and no time, so its just to help her out now and again whens shes too busy to cook her own meals thanks.

I thought some of TESCOS healthly eating chicken in various sauces are free or very low in syns. Ill check my book and let you know.
Ruthy

Hope this helps

I live alone and find it a bit of a chore to constantly prepare food for myself.

I like the pasta and sauce dried sachets are good on a green day (if you make them with just water and not milk and butter they are a completely free food and delicious) you will find them down the ailse with the super noodles etc etc (also the low fat supernoodles are free on a green day)

If i do feel like cooking i will make a whole batch of spag bol etc etc etc and freeze the sauce in individual portions and then just heat it in the microwave and cook fresh pasta or buy the dolmio 2 min micro pasta which after a slight preparation it makes a home made ready meal.

Alot of ready meals are ok for you as a dinner providing they are the low fat ones e.g. if you got a low fat cauliflower cheese micro meal the cheese would be you healthy a and the cauliflower would be free as its a veg so thats good on either day.

If I really cannot be bothered to cook anything I just go to tesco grab a cauliflower cheese micro portion and an instore cooked chicken.

There are so many different meals you can think of using. Just remember that you can include you healthy a and b's into the meal even from a packet.

Hope this helps

Me x

The SW magazine always has some ready meals suggestions. This month was asda slow cooked lamb and a duck dish. The duck was free i believe and the lamb wasnt many.

thanks happe like your goals by the way , i joined sw with my freind as well we are doing whoever looses more per week so if i loose 2 she looses 3 1 owe the tin a pound we are going to treat ourselves at the end of august with the money hopefully she will have put more in than me lol im also very competetive i think that helps though .

Sorry i have taken so long but i have had a bad back.

Here goes...some low syn ready meals

HADDOCK IN CHEESE AND CHIVE SAUCE TESCO HEALTHY LIVING IS 3SYNS ON RED PER PACK,
hEALTHY LIVING SALMON AND COD LASAGNE-4SYNS ON RED.
HEALTHY LIVING SALMON PIE IS FREE ON RED
WEIGHT WATCHERS BRAISED BEEF AND MUSTARD MASH IS 2.5 SYNS ON RED
W.W. BEEF CURRY AND RICE IS 3 SYNS ON GREEN
W.W. CHICKEN MUSHROOM AND ASPARAGUS CASEROLE WITH POTATOS IS 3SYNS ON RED DAY.
W.W CHILLI BEEF WITH POTATO CRUSH 3.5 ON RED
TESCO VALUE COTTAGE PIES-FROZEN 5.5 SYN EACH ON RED
CHICKEN TOMATO AND BAZIL PASTA 3.5 PER PACK ON RED
HEALTHY LIVING CHICKEN CHOW MEIN STIR FRY IS 4.5 ON GREEN
HEALTHY LIVING CHICKEN AND TOMATO PASTA BAKE IS 6 ON A GREEN
HEALTHY LIVING CHARGRILLED CHICKEN AND VEG MEDLEY WITH POTS IS 4SYNS ON RED
LINDA McCARTNEYS CHILLI NON CARNE WITH MOZZARELLA POTATO SCALLOPS 3 SYNS EACH
BIRDS EYE SHEPERDS PIE WITH PEAS 4.5 SYNS ON GREEN
BIRDS EYE STEAM FRESH SALMON FILLET IN CREAMY SAUCE WITH PASTA IS 1 SYN ON RED!!
BIRDS EYES CHILLI CON CARNE WITH LONG GRAIN RICE IS 4.5 SYNS ON GREEN

I know there is more esp free dishes , i need to check my slimming world mags,but i will find more free or low syn products i promise!!!!
Ruthy xxx

wow thanks ruthy you were a great help ,i will pass the list on to my daughter good also for me as im in the middle of moving so havent got much time myself at the moment either thanks again

Hi all, newbee here, ruthy are those syn points the same if you are doin the extra easy. U havnt happened to come accross the chicken n pasta bake weight watchers too? On easy extra i just added more pasta to bulk it out :)

This is a thread from 2008 so syn values are likely to be out of date. There is a sticky on ready meals with current details on it.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere (I can't find it). If your ready meal has a high percentage of vegetables can you count those as free and only syn up the reast fo the ready meal? Last week i had one from M&S. It was a stuffed half of butternut squash so it was mostly butternut squash and I thought it would be pretty low in syns but I didn't lose any weight this week and I'm wondering if that's why.

Did you check the syn value on the SW website? Don't try to work it out yourself. One ready meal will not stop you losing weight.

no I didn't check because it thought it was mostly free (and therefore wasn't counting it as syns). if it wasn't that then I don't know why I didn't lose weight this week because apart from that I totally followed the plan.

what was it? I've just put Butternut squash in the syn checker under M&S and the highest value ready meal is 13.

It could be "one of those things" as the reason why you didn't lose this week. You should always check though.

In future I will count any ready meals as syns. I just wanted to know if you could count part of it as 'free' because it was more than 50% butternut squash. But in future I'll just assume you can't :) Thanks for checking for me. x

Only the top ingredient on the Ingredients list qualifies for a free food allowance.

(Theres no way just one meal would have any effect on your weight loss for the week btw :) )

Back