Ready mixed shakes

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by tillyfloss, 14 September 2008 Social URL.

1. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Hi everyone quick question,
    I have not purchased any of the ready made shakes thus far, but am wondering what is the difference taste wise, and carb wise? Do you have to drink more water with them? I always make my shakes up with approx 10 floz of water as I prefer a weaker taste, can these be diluted if need be?
    Planning in advance for when I have days away and thinking this might be easier that taking my blender with me :)
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Scarlett

Scarlett Full Member

Hi Tillyfloss

I am a huge fan of the ready mixed shakes and do not have the powder shakes/soups at all now... the flavours are somewhat richer but I know some peeps on here do add water (hot water to choc to make hot choc) or crushed ice to make smoothies. Some people freeze to have as ice cream!! I think the carb content is the same as powder so give them a go! Its so much easier for work etc not to have to worry about mixing/blending.

I absolutely could not live without the choc tetra... the banana is ok (if you like banana flavoured things) and I haven't tried it but the strawberry is supposed to be fab.

Good luck!!!

4. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I always have the tetras too, they are thicker and creamier, i add them to coffee or just add hot water to them or just slurp them straight from the carton, you should have extra water with these and the bars .xx

5. going4goal

going4goal Member

i find the best way to have your extra water with a tetra is to add it to the tetra, i pour my tetra into a water bottel and then add the same amount of water, shake it up a bit to make it frothy and drink away. IT last longer and still taste just a creamy.

6. Elvira

Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    i love the tetras but i didn't realise you should have extra water with them. i drink 4.5l a day, how much extra do i have to have? xxx

7. Dogtanion

Dogtanion Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    ww
    I think it just means you need to drink more to make up for the smallness - ie I make up a powder shake to a pint so would have my 200 ml tetra and then a glass of water - thats all.
    I love the choc tetra frozen it is like icecream!!! mmmm

8. Elvira

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    people keep saying that but i still haven't tried it! i will have to try it soon! x

9. Dogtanion

Dogtanion Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    ww
    defo worth it - take it out well before you want to use it though - or you have an impenatrable block!! or I put in the microwave for 20 secs on low - if I am in a hurry!! I stick my tetras in the freezer as soon as I get them now!

10. Elvira

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(22.15%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    im so scared of meddling with them in case i dont like them lol!!! i might try that tomorrow though. i have two tetras a day so if i dont like it, i always have another one to look forward to!!! x

11. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

Hi tilly, personally i didn't like either the banaba or strawb tetra tasted too chemically for me. love the choc one though and i use it for when i'm in the office and split it into 3 and each one i top up with hot water, makes luuuverly hot choc!

x

12. mmmwoah

mmmwoah Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    They are sooooo much better and more conveniant so dont mind paying a little extra for them!! The chocolate is delicious!! Im not so keen on the strawberry as the taste of the multi- vitamins is very strong and ruins the taste a little.

[​IMG]

Start date 2/9/09 Weight 11 stones
    Week 1 - 8 pounds

13. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I love the choc one on it's own - banana one in coffee, and not very keen on strawberry one. Although all are nice as ice cream blocks.

14. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Ok I am willing to give the tetras a go... itsgoing to be hard chosing what to have next week.... Am in love with the banana shakes, I love fake banana flavouring! yummy , Reminds me of kiddies sweets.
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.