Ready to cry...

dancingqueen1987

Operation Fight the Fat!
I'm sorry if this sounds silly but I just want to cry tonight and need someone to talk to.

I'm not sure if SW is working for me. I'm really trying to put 100% into it, which I know I haven't been able to totally do, feel like I just keep hitting hurdles. The week before Christmas I lost 4lbs and that felt great, sicne then I just feel stick. Christmas and New Year was difficult, as I'm sure it was for most people.

I'm worried I'm eating the wrong things and thinking they're syn free when they're not. Last week I was strict all week apart from a meal out on Friday night when I just lost it. Didn't gain this week, stayed the same but still feel awful about it. :(

I hope this doesn't come accross as too pathetic, just need to get it off my chest.

Awww chin up :0) we all get those weeks, when u seem to hit a wall. But ur not alone! Maybe uv been a little too strict on yourself? Or maybe try a week of eating lots of super speed food?

I know I have felt like this in the past when I have tried to be too good...not having syns or HEs every day and cutting down on portions will only last a few days at most before you binge because you are so hungry.

Planning is the only way I can do this diet, I plan 3 days at a time and write down all meals and shop so everythings in. I also dont worry about it then because I know Im on the right track.

Dont worry about what you might have done, because you cant change it. Focus on what you can do for the next 3 days or so, and take it in small steps.

You will get there if you want it bad enough, you have just got to keep on keeping on!

Good luck, everyone on here is behind you!!

Thank you. Deep down I know I can do it I just need to get a result I think to give me a boost. I think it's just hormones making me feel like this. I hope so anyway! Thanks again, I'll keep going.

It often takes people a while to find a way for the diet to fit with them, but if you can persevere it'll be worth it to see the weight start falling off again.

The thing with sw that a lot of people forget is that you need to eat well, including all the free food, healthy extras and most importantly syns. If you cut back to try and boost your losses it can often have the opposite effect and slow them right down. Don't be afraid to have your syns, they're there to be used. Wouldn't it feel better to have some each day and enjoy your treats that having an unplanned snack attack and feeling like you've lost the plot?!

Have faith in the diet and you'll start seeing the results you want.

xxx

Thank you, I have been having my syns. Today is the first day (apart from half a bottle of becks my friend insisted I have!) that I've not had any other syns but I've eaten so much so I kept doubting it!

I'm normally pretty rubbish at having my syns, and i think that's probably why my last stint on sw wasn't as good as i would've liked. This time round though i'm having them, and am even walking to the local shop (1 mile away) to get a little chocolate treat everyday, so i'm also getting my body magic in too.

Thinking about it, since i've been doing that i've not even thought about sitting down to a big bar of choccy, so maybe that little bit stopping me thinking about it- not even noticed before!!

I keep reading that HAVING syns actually helps your loses. I've been trying to keep mine low, I think it's getting over the mental block that syns are good and not going to make me gain (unless you have too many!)

I have read in so many different places that not having syns prevents you from losing weight and those people that have all their syns actually lose more in those weeks! I think the secret of losing the weight is not actually cutting down on your healthy extras or syns but having more of the super free and super speed foods that boost your losses...

You know, even if you were to eat the full 15 syns a day that is only 300 calories a day or 2100 a week, which is not enough to add even one pound in weight. You if having the syns means the difference between staying on plan or stopping then I know what I would do.

And Miss82 is correct, focus on your superfree foods rather than the syns and you won't go far wrong.

I'm sorry if this sounds silly but I just want to cry tonight and need someone to talk to.

I'm not sure if SW is working for me. I'm really trying to put 100% into it, which I know I haven't been able to totally do, feel like I just keep hitting hurdles. The week before Christmas I lost 4lbs - brilliant and that felt great, sicne then I just feel stick. Christmas and New Year was difficult, as I'm sure it was for most people.

I'm worried I'm eating the wrong things and thinking they're syn free (always check syns before you put it in your mouth) when they're not. Last week I was strict all week apart from a meal out on Friday night when I just lost it. Didn't gain this week, stayed the same but still feel awful about it. :(

I hope this doesn't come accross as too pathetic, just need to get it off my chest.

Its not Slimming World thats not working for you though is it.

Look at what you typed.

Your not being pathetic hunny, but by your own statement, your sabotaging yourself, and WE ALL do it. I have done it, and I am sure 100% I will do it again.

Its about getting your head in the game. You need to stick to plan 100%!! For it to work. Prepare for flexi days by saving your syns for those days.

Dont eat it if you dont know the syns. Plan your meals. Do a food dairy. Get a slimming buddy, so you have extra support.

There are many of us on here, that can help support you, but dont kid yourself into thinking that you can coast through this diet for it to work, its going to take your commitment.

BIG HUGS!!

I have my syns, some weeks I go over my allowance a bit but I've lost weight consistently apart from over xmas when I stayed the same.

Which plan are you following? I couldn't get my head round ee cos I know sw from years back and my mum doing it. I know carbs put weight on me and the green plan wouldn't work so well so I only do red days. I have a friend at work who does green only and lost 2 stone so it really is a case of finding which suits you best.

When I first started, it probably took 3 or 4 weeks for my body to kick in to the diet and I went up and down around the same 2lbs for those weeks. Perseverance paid off though and I have lost 1-2lb a week ever since.

Do you have a food diary? What is a typical day for you food wise?

Thank you, I have been having my syns. Today is the first day (apart from half a bottle of becks my friend insisted I have!) that I've not had any other syns but I've eaten so much so I kept doubting it!

Just because she insisted, doesn't mean you have to have it though, she should be supporting you, dont you think? I would be really upset if my friend kept trying to thrust food in my face to eat, if she knew how much losing weight was important to me. I know its really hard, but its you that has the power here, hun, and you can keep that power by saying, "thank you ever so much, but no, can I have a diet soda instead". Imagine how powerful that control will make you feel.

You can do it! :D

Last edited:
This is like reading my own words. I felt exactly the same this week and came so close to just giving up. I've jumped back on the wagon after a binge that I thought would make me feel better and actually made me feel really sick. I'm hoping for a pound or two off next week :)

Just to pick up on what someone else said about eating syns without realising. Planning really is key, as far as possible. I plan our weeks meals out and make sure I get everything needed with the shopping.

I have things in the house I can have as syns but I know in advance what the value is and I have a diary I carry with me where I write everything down.

Last edited:
Silvermaneuk said:
Its not Slimming World thats not working for you though is it.

Look at what you typed.

Your not being pathetic hunny, but by your own statement, your sabotaging yourself, and WE ALL do it. I have done it, and I am sure 100% I will do it again.

Its about getting your head in the game. You need to stick to plan 100%!! For it to work. Prepare for flexi days by saving your syns for those days.

Dont eat it if you dont know the syns. Plan your meals. Do a food dairy. Get a slimming buddy, so you have extra support.

There are many of us on here, that can help support you, but dont kid yourself into thinking that you can coast through this diet for it to work, its going to take your commitment.

BIG HUGS!!

I know I sabotaged myself and I wasn't trying to suggest I thought SW was going to be easy. My feelings of wanting to cry were more that I was disappointed in myself rather than being disappointed that I didn't get a loss. I didn't deserve a loss and was not expecting it but there was still the feeling of disappointment, you know?

I know I can do it. I've proved to myself before I can do. And I'm trying my very hardest to give it 100%.

Thank you for your support.

Silvermaneuk said:
Just because she insisted, doesn't mean you have to have it though, she should be supporting you, dont you think? I would be really upset if my friend kept trying to thrust food in my face to eat, if she knew how much losing weight was important to me. I know its really hard, but its you that has the power here, hun, and you can keep that power by saying, "thank you ever so much, but no, can I have a diet soda instead". Imagine how powerful that control will make you feel.

You can do it! :D

At the time I was justifying the Becks to myself by saying she insisted. I could have refused and had another drink but having thought about it it was way within my syns so why not? I know there are better ways to use my syns but I find if I deny myself of all the things I like then I go mad... extra in moderation as they say!

Thank you also for your support.

3106Catherine said:
Which plan are you following? I couldn't get my head round ee cos I know sw from years back and my mum doing it. I know carbs put weight on me and the green plan wouldn't work so well so I only do red days. I have a friend at work who does green only and lost 2 stone so it really is a case of finding which suits you best.

Do you have a food diary? What is a typical day for you food wise?

I've been following extra easy. I'm yet to try green or red days.
I am keeping a food diary, it's here:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/182726-dancingqueens-2011-food-diary.html

Any feedback is very welcome!

Beckiebethlola said:
This is like reading my own words. I felt exactly the same this week and came so close to just giving up. I've jumped back on the wagon after a binge that I thought would make me feel better and actually made me feel really sick. I'm hoping for a pound or two off next week :)

It's good to know you're not alone isn't it? Good luck for next week :)

Thanks to everyone for their support. I am feeling a lot more positive than I was at the start of the week. :)

I can do it. WE CAN ALL DO IT!! :)

hiyer, just wanted to send a (((hug))) and say you will do it, m favorite saying at the mo is everyone finds a way of doing that suits them. I'm finding at the mo the planning is helping and i pinched an idea another lady posted of having a low sin treat box, whiched helped alot. good luck hun;)

I know how you feel. I have a thyroid problem and it's taken me a year to lose a stone! Hope you feel better about it all soon.

Best of luck to you hun :)

hiyer, just wanted to send a (((hug))) and say you will do it, m favorite saying at the mo is everyone finds a way of doing that suits them. I'm finding at the mo the planning is helping and i pinched an idea another lady posted of having a low sin treat box, whiched helped alot. good luck hun;)

Thank you and good luck to you too :)

I think any one of us could have posted this post so please dont feel down about it.

I seem to have only lost 6.5lb's in the lasts 6 weeks - (having gained 2.5lb's over christmas week) - I am hoping that I have lost that that gain this week - FINALLY.

You really need a new start - forget what has happened before - Christmas and New Year has knocked everyone for a six (I think) - and sometimes it just takes a bit longer to get back into it.

So - this is your cyber kick up the bum - decide that you are now going to do it and stick to plan NO MATTER WHAT and you know you can do it - WE know you can do it. There is nothing to stop you know.

Good luck.

Back