Ready to go!

lucy4loop

Silver Member
Well, I've had my information meeting, filled out the form, seen my doctor (she was really supportive of it, hadn't heard of LL before but asked lots of questions and wished me all the best of luck - I was pleasantly surprised!), posted the form about 1 minute later and now trying to wait patiently for my first meeting! Actually considered going to my counsellor's house and delivering the form in person but decided that might be a little over-keen! I've been looking on this forum for a while, and reading some of the truly inspirational stories and seeing the unbelievable pics has really galvanised me into action. I'm 36 (well, 37 tomorrow), 5'5" and currently 13st 2lb. I have lost weight successfully 4 or 5 times before, but surprise surprise all the weight (plus a little more each time) came back. Not surprising really considering that when in crisis, doubt, stress, happiness, boredom, tiredness, etc I eat. And eat. So LL seems the perfect combination for me - take food out of the equation, deal with my emotional issues as best I can without the usual crutch, and lose weight fast - perfect. OK it's not going to be as simplistic as that sounds, but I'm ready. Bring it on! If I can do half as well and some of you I'll be a happy girl. Wondering if there will be a "July new starters" thread for me to clog up with drivel? Tata for now :p

Hiiii

good luck ! I'll start a july starters thread and u can join me!!

Mel

Hi Lucy!!
Good luck for your LL journey, you honestly won't regret it!
I was exactly the same as you, used any excuse for a nice meal...had a good day = treat myself with takeaway, had a bad day = cheer myself up with a treat, etc.etc.!
It really does work for me taking food out of the equation, as i'm an 'all or nothing' type of person. And am looking forward to learning how to eat properly through the Route to Management programme.
It sounds funny to other people, as I was so excited to start LL but people couldn't believe that I was looking forward to cutting out food! But when you make the decision to embark on LL you just have to go for it :)
I hope it goes well for you and you enjoy it, I do!
and this forum is a huge help, in both good and bad times!

Thanks you two! I'm an "all or nothing" kinda girl too. And now I know it's happening I want to get going straight away! I must find a pic of myself (if one exists - I've become very good at camera-dodging!) for an avatar...

good luck lucy lu!

hi there
good luck with your start
daisy x

Hi Lucy
:welcome:

Our LL Counsellor always says it amuses her thst people take years to put on the weight and then when they decide to do LL they want to start immediately.
Making people wait tests the motivation.
It's a big undertaking emotionally, physically and financially.
I'm glad your GP is supportive.
Good luck.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, your weight losses and pics really are inspiring. I'm trying to use this time wisely to prepare myself - gradually drinking more water and getting used to drinking green tea and peppermint tea so it won't be so alien when I do start! Well it looks like being a gorgeous day so enjoy!

welcome and good luck. keep us posted and you will be inspiring others soon.

I am still excited about LL some 2 months on

Hey Lucy!
Hope it's going well, i was lucky as didn't have to wait long to start, but sounds like you're making the best use of the time!
Do you know when you'll be starting?
xx

Hi Hannah, no still no word. I know my counsellor meets on Mondays & Tuesdays, so if I don't hear by tomorrow hopefully it will be next week. I'm so impatient though - feels like I'm checking my phone every few minutes! Judging by your numbers you've done brilliantly in your first 5 weeks - what a boost! Fingers crossed I'll have something positive to input soon :)

Thank you lucy!
Not long to go now then, i'm excited for you! :)

Welcome Lucy and good luck. It will be a life changing experience for you - if you let it :)

I'm still waiting for my LLC to let me know when I can start and I feel like I'm in limbo - I know exactly what I want to do, how to do it but I can't move forward. I'm a bit sulky and grouchy if I'm honest. And what do I do when I'm unsettled? Yep, you've guessed it :( so feeling like even more of a porker than I was 3 weeks ago. Sorry for the moan.

hi Lucy.....nice to meet you!

awww your still waiting I know what you mean about being grouchy because your being kept waiting id be the very same!

Im on day 6 of LL I started 15th July and ive still got so much determination....I will succeed, have to say I'm so thankful to have found this site and chatted to all the lovely people and like you say the stories are so inspiring and really do keep you going and make you feel so excited as you know when you read people have lost 2,3,4 stone that will be you one day! im mad with myself that i didnt do this ages ago, but hey im here now!
day 4 i went bacl to LL to make sure I was in Ketosis and to my delight i was, I was also weighed and just on day 4 id lost 7.2lb i could have cried with pure joy, and they said i could well do a stone loss when i go to my class which is tomorrow...cant wait to get weighed. if i were you i would chase up the LLC and id keep doing so until i get what i want, dont give up keep at them.

hope you get it sorted soon, best of luck x

I'm still waiting for my LLC to let me know when I can start and I feel like I'm in limbo - I know exactly what I want to do, how to do it but I can't move forward. I'm a bit sulky and grouchy if I'm honest. And what do I do when I'm unsettled? Yep, you've guessed it :( so feeling like even more of a porker than I was 3 weeks ago. Sorry for the moan.

Hi Lucy,

SO many have to wait for classes to start....just seems the way it goes. And its funny, we are all ready to start it seems unfair! But - you can use the time wisely to get your head in the right space, and it sound like you have been working on that,

Hope you get a class soon, it will change your life. :)

Good luck to you!

xxx

im mad with myself that i didnt do this ages ago, but hey im here now! x

Ya know, I said that too. But, I really believe it happens when it is meant to happen. If I had learned of LL years ago, and done it, I am pretty sure I would not have succeeded. I think you reach a point where it really is do or die, sink or swim, whatever you want to say - and when the time is right, it all falls into place naturally and easily.

You are off to a crackin start. This diet WILL work for anyone that truly WANTS it.

It is a no-brainer. It is a guaranteed result. Thats the beauty of it. Follow the diet - the weight will go. There is no way it can fail, unless people bend the rules. Then it can be the same as any other diet - up down up down up down.

Stay the course, and you WILL get that golden ring. Just keep yer eyes on the prize.

:)

xx

awww thanks BL your so right, I will and I have too make this work, it will be life changing for me and I will do it. your pic is AMAZING! god you deserve a medal BL well done ......you inspire me so much, mean that....its people like you that keep people like me going x

BL, I don't know how to do the quote thing [any advice gladly accepted], but you're right - I was feeling very sorry for myself yesterday, and vented on here coz there wasn't anywhere else - I'm a little more rational today! My LLC must be running a group now and I may have to wait several more weeks, but I don't know coz she's a bit elusive. I just like to know where I am, so perhaps I should just ring her for my sanity!
Brilliant start Tracy - keep it up! Checking in here and reading about all your successes keeps me determined x

Back