Realised where i went wrong!

nyssa88

Silver Member
I was looking at a packet of pistachio nuts yesterday and the amount of calories in them was loads and I said to my partner how do you eat and drink all this and still stay slim!

My partner normally has 3 large meals a day which always consist of rice and meat and normally a vegetable based soup ( hes from the middle east) but he stops when he's full whereas I would clear it all and have more, he rarely eats chocolates, biscuits, crisps etc but when he does he has 1 whereas I would normally have a whole pack of biscuits, if we ever went mcdonalds I would go large just because it was only 30p more but he wouldn't.

I know after this to eat what I want but in moderation, have learnt so much about where I've gone wrong and about portion control.

I really can't wait to get the rest of this weight off and enjoy a healthy life style :)

A bit like buying 2 highly calorific things that you wouldn't normally buy because they're on BOGOF at the supermarket when had they not been on offer you would have walked on by. I need to stop doing this in maintenance and concentrate on buying things that I need.

Exactly that, I had an email from thorntons the other day tempting me with half price chocolate and I almost bought it just because it was cheap and not that I wanted it!

It's the old saying:

a woman will spend a pound on something worth 2 pounds that she doesn't need

whereas

a man will spend 2 pounds on something worth a pound that he does need :)

BordersGirl said:
It's the old saying:

a woman will spend a pound on something worth 2 pounds that she doesn't need

whereas

a man will spend 2 pounds on something worth a pound that he does need :)

This is a great saying and so true.

Back