Realistic Advice

hayleyp86

Hi Guys!

Right i am 24 years old and in the past 2/ 3 years or so i have gained approx 20llbs (i blame falling in love).

I am currently 9st 7lbs (5lb on a good day) and 5'3 i would like to be 8st 0llbs... what would be a realistic date to set for this loss? I am fed up my clothes are becoming increasingly tight - was once a 6/8 now 10/12 (very short so not good)

Now i know i am not needing to worry too much but i want to stop this now and think this forum is the best place to help me! I feel i am just getting bigger and bigger slowly

x

HELP!

It depends on your lifestyle, how much you eat out, if you go out drinking at weekends, how much exercise you do, realistically though 2lbs a week is about right but again this depends on how much you need to lose and where its not a lot and you're tiny anyway you may struggle to lose 2lb a week.

Why do you need to set a date to achieve this weight? So long as you get there, isn't that the most important thing?!

Hi guys!

Thank you for your replies!

I know the time scale shouldnt be important but i like goals as they keep me motivated.

I do eat out quiet a lot but that is about to change and i go to the gym tomorrow...

i know it isnt a massive amount to lose it is more about feeling comfortable again... if i only lost 7llbs but felt great i would be happy... and its really my middle section thats the worse part!

i am going it alone so will use some of the recipes and see how i go... i would like to give myself a target of three months then...see if 2llbs a week works...

would be great to feel comfy in a bikini this summer

thanks again!

You can still eat out on sw, it's just about making the right choices when you're out. I'm sure there's several threads on here about it if that helps.

Good luck, i'm sure you'll get to where you want to be

I'm 5ft 2ins & when I started SW weighed 9st 11lbs. It took me just over 12mths to lose 16lbs, but I didn't rush just took it easy.

You can still eat lots on SW, it just has to be the right food:D

I still enjoy my wine each eve & wine & chocs on a Saturday night.

Yes it's a good idea to take a look on the diaries here & see what everyone else is eating.

good luck

Dates should be used for boyfriends, girlfriends, wives or hubbies and not for losing weight........lose weight gradually and do not put pressure on yourself....just enjoy eating lots of lovely food and it will happen
Julie xx

Hi Guys!

Right i am 24 years old and in the past 2/ 3 years or so i have gained approx 20llbs (i blame falling in love).

I am currently 9st 7lbs (5lb on a good day) and 5'3 i would like to be 8st 0llbs... what would be a realistic date to set for this loss? I am fed up my clothes are becoming increasingly tight - was once a 6/8 now 10/12 (very short so not good)

Now i know i am not needing to worry too much but i want to stop this now and think this forum is the best place to help me! I feel i am just getting bigger and bigger slowly

x

HELP!

Hiya Hun
I am 5 foot 2 inches & started sw at 9 stone 6.5lbs. I currently weigh 8 stone 11lbs (after a 3lbs loss tonight at weigh in) :)

I got my my target weight back in March 2010 which was 8 stone 3lbs. I have to admit I found it hard to stay at that weight, my body just wouldn't accept it so I have now made my target 8 stone 5lbs as I maintained that weight for a long time.

I did take the scenic route & the weight did slowly come off for me.
You could easily do it if you put your mind to it & aim for realistic losses.

What are your weekly losses usually like? Mine have always been small so I learnt to accept that I wasn't going to lose weight quickly.
Good luck in your slimming world journey.
Love Stacey xxx

I got to target several weeks ago but have decided to reduce it because am unable to stick at that level without eating more than I want to. Hopefully I will be able to get there and maintain easily.

Denise

You re all such an inspiration
I'm 5 2 set my target at 9st 3 but currently 9st 9 so need to lose 3lb to get back in target range but would really like to reset target to 8st 9 I m going on hol on 12 march with hubbie and friends so want to get there by then fingers crossed ?

Hayley, I can appreciate your reason for goals v motivation etc but want to echo what the gang are saying before me - - you haven't really got much to lose (relatively - I know you don't feel comfy as you are) and I personally think that trying to set yourself 2lbs a week could be too much. You might find it too much like a 'diet' instead of simply making a few adjustments to receipes and perhaps cutting down slightly. The 'D' work can be bad enough at the best of times, but if you deny yourself so much just to lose big numbers each week, you might get too demoralized and give up. As a few have said, try to take the scenic route with perhaps a bit more exercise than you might have done previously (but only if you enjoy it and can realistically maintain it) and be happy with every loss, no matter how small ;)

Hi Guys!!

I have just seen all of yur lovely replies.

Thank you very much and i do agree with what a lot of you are saying - slow and steady wins the race!!

I have started going to the gym aswell and been three times since friday - i have been swimming as that tends to relax me as well as give a all over workout!!

You are all such an inspiration

x

Hi Guys!!

I have just seen all of yur lovely replies.

Thank you very much and i do agree with what a lot of you are saying - slow and steady wins the race!!

I have started going to the gym aswell and been three times since friday - i have been swimming as that tends to relax me as well as give a all over workout!!

You are all such an inspiration

x

yes hun there is no rush in losing weight, it took me a yr to lose just over a stone but I got there in the end.
Just keep at it and take one week at a time.
Good luck xxx

Back