Realistic targets...Im a newbie :)

HollyJ

Hello everyone!

I am starting the Cambridge Diet on thursday (26.04.12) I am currently 5ft6 and 11st 4lb my target weight is 9st 7lb.

I am going to Egypt for 2 weeks Tues 26 June, what can I realistically lose by then, bearing in mind I am starting on stage 2 as my consultant did not advise SS with my weight.

I am really down about my body and to be able to start to build my confidence again is the biggest motivator.

I would appreciate any advice.

Good Luck to you all!

Hello everyone!

I am starting the Cambridge Diet on thursday (26.04.12) I am currently 5ft6 and 11st 4lb my target weight is 9st 7lb.

I am going to Egypt for 2 weeks Tues 26 June, what can I realistically lose by then, bearing in mind I am starting on stage 2 as my consultant did not advise SS with my weight.

I am really down about my body and to be able to start to build my confidence again is the biggest motivator.

Good Luck to you all!

mmmm this is a difficult one.....a stone a month is achievable..but if you read some of the blogs sometimes those with less to lose have a slower weight loss,,, my advice is to stick with it and see what happens. Whatever happens you will be lighter by June
be strong
hugs
xx

Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it! I will do my best to keep it going I am excited to start. Is it safe to do exercise with this diet?
Unfortunately I am the kind of best that needs to see results quite fast...but Im going to keep it up! Some of the stories on here are so inspiring.
How have you found your journey?
My relationship with food at the moment is crazy, full of junk and takeaways. I have been told I may get bad headaches with this diet aswell can you confirm this?
Thanks xxxxx

Hi HollyJ, I'm on day 3 of the diet, no headaches at all so far, just some stomach grumbling! I was advised not to excersise until I am on step 3 or 4 (am on SS at the moment).
Cat xxx

HollyJ said:
Hello everyone!

Good Luck to you all!

Hi Holly!!

Just like yourself I didn't have much to loose, my consultant also advised me to do 810 but I did SS+ and it went very well, after three weeks I was almost at target and felt very pleased with how I looked and actually stopped before reaching target! I think this is an amazing way to loose weight and yes the first 2-3 days u might experience headaches and hunger but it's over in no time and I always tried to have at least 3litres of water. Good luck and trust me- stick to it and you will be on target way before your holiday (that's doing SS+)

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

HollyJ said:
Hello everyone!

Good Luck to you all!

Yope I agree with Dementia here....reading some blogs, I too had a notion that I will be able to loose almost as much as other ppl...though I know that everyone is different and body reacts differently but my weight loss is too slow compared to others but as Dementia pointed it out...it's steady so far.

So keep a realistic and heathy target in mind.

Am sure you would be near enough your goal by 25th June if not spot on...

Best of luck.

HollyJ said:
Hello everyone!

Good Luck to you all!

That's giving you 2 months which if you stick to sole source you could do it. Good luck.

Hi, I don't have too much to lose either ( I was 143lb goal 125 lb) but I am surprised as to how much you can lose in a week. The first 3 or 4 days are the worst and from then it is much easier. I feel I have to increase my water intake though as I get very thirsty.
I used to live on carbs a lot but feel better on SS. Today is the start of my second week , I have been sticking to the tetras packs, this suits me just fine and I like them cold. It's great if I am going to a friends I just put one in my bag and into their fridge fab idea.
Good luck

Thank you for all your replies, my consultant says she really doesn't think I should do SS??
Im starting with 3 tetra shakes a day and a small meal in evening, some lean meat with 80g veg. Do you think I should just start with the shakes and see how I go?
I start on thurs, I'm excited to start. I have been eating really well this week in preparation. Will let you all know next week how my first week goes, keeping everything crossed :D

xxxxxxxxx

Hi HollyJ,

I have only just registered on this website (as you can see need to update my profile!!) and i too am starting Thursday, hoping to loose 1st 2lb so be good to have someone to share the journey with (so to speak!!) I have been eating lots of salad and homemade soup trying to cut down on any bread, potatoes, pasta etc... just getting really nervous about the ketotis stage, hoping to learn more Thursday and also see what step she wants to start me on....i am terrible at drinking fluids only have a couple of cups of tea a day, so will really need to adjust to the amount of fluid we need to drink... wont have time to eat lol... Kellyx

wow ivysoul, thats a fantastic weight loss in one week.....well done you i would be over the moon if i could loose anywhere near that in my 1st week, roll on Thursday...

A BIG hello to everyone i missed...

Good luck all starting today...
xx

Hi dementia,

Thank you.

Wow you have done very well....did you do ss to start and if so for how long??

Well went for my 1st meet, what a lovely consultant, very motivating....So have 21 sachets for the week....here i go....... Had banana shake for lunch.

Just trying to remember to drink lots of water (not my thing iynwim)..

Kelly
x

Hi HollyJ,

How did you get on today?

I am sarting on ss for a week maybe two if i can.... Have 7 porridge, 7 soup and 7 shakes, so have 3 a day plus a lot of water....

Kelly
x

Hi Kelly,

I have had one banana tetra pack for breakfast, one strawberry tetra pack for lunch and plenty of water. I'm not feeling hungry so that's good! Got a chocolate tetra pack for tea..mmmm lol!

Are the soups and porridge the same price as the tetra packs? As I think I could get bored quite quick on these.

I have got a 250g piece of chicken with 80g brocolli tonight tho so looking forward to it!

Are you experiencing any side effects yet? I seem to be ok!

Holly
xxxxx

Hey guys im kinda like you not that much to loose but sooo need to get it off asap!!!
Im on day 7 and cant believe how quickly its gone must admint the first week was hard with feelling weak and all but im actually feeling better today and less hungry with is brilliant for me.

Getting weighed on Saturday so lets see what happens.

Good luck everyone think we should all support eachother :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Holly,

Yes, all mine were the same price £1.90, think its nice to have something i can eat with cutlery lol...... looking forward to my spicy tomato soup tonight then maple and pecan porridge for breakfast.... no side effects yet!! Might sound silly but whats tetra mean?? My consultant said its nice adding a bit of ice to the shakes before blending makes them a bit more filling!!

Kelly
x

Hi MissieCB,

Will Saturday be your first weigh in?

Think day 4 -5 are the worst but once you get past them people seem to sound quite ok....

Hey love your idea of surpporting each other :eek:))))

Kelly
x

Back