Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Realistically how long to get 50lbs off?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Minnie64, 2 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Minnie64

Minnie64 Think thin

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi peeps
    Well today is day 1 of my re-start. I lost quite a bit of weight earlier this year but, due to medication, have put it all back and and 1½ stone more!!! I am now off my medication. I want to lose 50lbs. Realistically if I stick with SS, do you think I could get it off by the end of March or should I be looking more towards Easter/end of April? Good luck to all everybody
    xxxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi I reckon you could do it by the end of march if you are 100% focussed,I lost 55 lbs in 14 weeks,good luck
    xx

4. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

hey there - well done on your re-start :)

Most people lose 1 stone per month on SS - more in first 4 weeks....so if you base your estimates on 3.5lbs per week (14lbs per 4 weeks), that would mean it would take you just over 14 weeks to lose 50lbs....:D which would take you to 3rd April -ish

I think it's better to under estimate your losses - i.e. go for the average (14lbs per 4 weeks) and then if you lose more, it's a bonus :D

Expecting (and planning) for higher losses can sometimes leave people feeling disappointed and feeling like a failure if they don't lose quicker.... we are all different and lose at different rates - I have a client who has lost 4stone in just 8 weeks :eek: but this is not typical - so aim for the 'norm' and fingers crossed you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

Good luck.....and keep us posted !

Debz xxx

Mini likes this.
  5. Minnie64

Minnie64 Think thin

Start Weight:
    13st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks for your replies. I won't know my weekly losses as, as I have said in a separate post, I don't want to know my weekly losses. I will just ask CDC to let me know when I have reached a loss of 50lbs and then go up the plans! Might not stick to that but going to give it a go.
    Good luck everyone
    xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.